Reason Confessions: When did your rap dreams die???

Options
13»

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when I realized I was a cracka
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When I realized I didn't want to snitch on myself.

When I realized I really don't give a ? about you hearing me expressing myself to a beat. Why should I give a ? what you hear? You don't need to know what I go through, who the ? are you?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I wouldn't say my dreams are dead tho, if anything it's just not being able to garner the proper connections to get heard on a wider scale yet. This n the feeling of doing this all alone with no one else's belief caused a lack of motivation, over the last year I've been rediscovering the fun, just gotta make time and still find those networks

@Peezy_Jenkins can you battle rap?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Back in the 90s I used to freestyle and I thought I was pretty good at it. Until one day I heard Beast From The East come on the radio. Canibus's style was exactly what I was trying to accomplish and he completely shattered my dreams of being a rapper when I heard that.

Also, I had writers block so I couldn't write rhymes. I made beats and recorded a few people's demos but thats as far as it went.

In 2012 I went to a psych hospital and while I was in there I started writing. I have more than enough 16 bar verses for an album but I need somebody to record me and at the present time I can't afford to go to a professional studio.

I still make beats though.

I feel like I'm in my second childhood. I still have dreams of making an album. That's actually #1 on my bucket list. I'm not really concerned with the fame and fortune that comes with making an album, I just want to do it just to say I did it.

If Jay Z and Nas can make an album in their 40s then so can I.

How does a person like you get writers block?

The stories you've told us about your City is enough for a story telling double album. Like GKMC.

Make your first single "Don't blink"
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna get back into it soon, ill be nothing more then an underground rapper, that's just my style, not with this era or the tight clothes, I still rock baggy jeans, and listen to 90s music
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    While I don't rap (although I do write), I do dabble in production. I made my first beat on a pirated copy of FL Studio back in 2010. A ? was hella excited like "damn, I did that". But being someone that's followed hip hop my entire life, I saw that you pretty much have to be lucky to even break anywhere so I never took it too seriously. Around 2012, I started dabbling with the program again. I had a lot of beats that I was working on when one day my ex and I end up getting into it. Long story short she takes my laptop and throws it on the ground effectively destroying it. Luckily, I was able to salvage the hard drive and everything was still intact, but at that point all the strife surrounding me turned me off from continuing.

I was in a bad wreck March of last year and spent a few months bedridden. A bit after the accicent, I ran across an app called Caustic in the play store. I played with it for a bit and broke down and bought it because it wouldn't let me save my projects. But soundcaping on there grew to be tiresome because the screen was too small and all of the maneuvering you had to do got tedious as ? . So a few months ago Iended up getting a Galaxy Tab from the chick I'm currently with and once again start messing with Caustic. Now I'm currently networking just trying get my sound out there (like everyone one else has mentioned, they're not professionally mixed or anything like that, but I do what sounds good to me).

Anyways, I think my main dreamkiller is seeing Birdman in the news every 2.5 days for failing to pay ? . That ? be having a ? like "? that". That and the hip hop industry overall just seems shady as ? . Also I'd definitely fall in that purist category so Ican completely understand the disgust a lot of us have for the genre nowadays.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    when I realized I was a cracka

G easy says hello
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My rap dream didn't die. I just realized that the rap dream can't be the end all be all like it was before. Now rap will be a part of the new dream.