Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well ? , aside from Sansa, Arya, and Daneaerys I was finally on board! Then this ? episode just chunked it so hard.

And for once folks actually agree with me.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Bro you know that ? ain't gonna happen. It's a season and half left and they are still just starting storylines from season one. There will be no new major storylines like that. The pacing of the show has made it predictable.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to everyone dropping knowledge in this thread tonight!

@Will Munny
    @atribecalledgabi

I posted this elsewhere, but I think it is relevant...

I read somewhere that the Faceless Men, once slaves, could have caused the Doom of Valyeria which killed off most of Dragon lady's ancestors, who were slave owners. Maybe Arya was just a plot device to introduce them into the story.

Basically, the Faceless men could go after Dragon lady.

Nobody knows what caused the doom of Valyria. Giving the gift to the masters is a theory.

• Will Munny
    Options

@Will Munny
    @atribecalledgabi

I read somewhere that the Faceless Men, once slaves, could have caused the Doom of Valyeria which killed off most of Dragon lady's ancestors, who were slave owners. Maybe Arya was just a plot device to introduce them into the story.

Nobody knows what caused the doom of Valyria. Giving the gift to the masters is a theory.

The equivalent of Valyria in our world is ancient Rome. draw your own conclusion as to why Valyria fell. *cough ? pedos cough*
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

@Will Munny
    @atribecalledgabi

The equivalent of Valyria in our world is ancient Rome. draw your own conclusion as to why Valyria fell. *cough ? pedos cough*

No. I really don't think you can compare the two. Rome fell because of incompetent incestuous ? mad men.

Valyria fell because of a natural disaster. GRRM likes to use a lot of historical events for his stories but at the end if the day, it is still fantasy. When read about Valyria, think of Atlantis.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol 2 weeks ago, I said all roads go thru Lord Baelish....
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

"Will Munny"
    atribecalledgabi

What up bruh? Appreciate the work you putting in tonight.

I heard about that Doom stuff on After the Throne, HBO's official GoT talk show.

Even though the Daenarys is fighting to make the world a better place, I can see an entity like the Faceless Men fearing her power in general or how future generations in her bloodline can abuse their power.

Another question, aren't GoT dragons asexual and each can lay an egg in their lifetime?

So Daenarys' dynasty is not going to end with her especially if more dragons can be birthed.

Dragon's seems to be asexual.

When it comes to the faceless men, I kinda feel like its overblown. I really don't think that give a ? what Danerys does. They are not a benevolent order fighting to keep the world balanced. The faceless men are a death cult/Guild of assassins. If someone pays a price, they will come after her. If not, they won't think twice about her. If the Faceless Men were so anti-dragon/Targaryen, I believe they would have assassinated Aegon and other dragon lords before the Dance of the Dragons (The prequel I really want to see.)
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These random AF Khaleesi Ws at the end are super annoyin' man can't wait til this ? dies
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    And for Jacqen to carry out a mission like that the buyer would have to have deep pockets, and who has deeper pockets than Triggerfinger the former hand of the king for the richest family in Westeros ?? Tyrion said he cooked the books for the Lannisters and ran them into debt and gave a lot of suspicious people money in season 2 and 3. Who else would benefit from keeping Arya safe and alive ? Lord Triggerfinger I say.....

I don't know, Sion. At this point, you've been making Triggerfigger out to be the Illuminati of Westeros. Triggerfigger's that powerful? Word?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Danaerys think she's coach Taylor with the pep talk Gtfohwtbs

Anyone else think that Danaerys might've been miscast? They make her out to be this powerful woman but she just seems like this little spoiled girl. Not believable at all. She certainly aint no Xena. I don't know if it's the actress, director, and/or writers.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yall gon watch your tongues talking bout khaleesi like that. Wait til @BOSSExcellence see this slander.

I understand what yall haters mean with this episode tho
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the ep might've played out a lil better if they switched Dany's scene with Ayra's
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    I think the ep might've played out a lil better if they switched Dany's scene with Ayra's

Somewhat unrelated but still related note, that after the thrones show said dany is the rajon rondo of game of thrones cuz she only performs well in big games/when she has crowds. I was dying but it's true. Whenever she turns up it be like thousands of ppl watching.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think we slick might get Lady Stoneheart this season too

For what, at this point?

Yeah, it's not necessary any more....but they did bring up the brotherhood....
  • King of GA
    Options
    Do what was the purpose of Arya's time spent and the house with the black and white door???? Seriously??? ? the show writers for wasting my time with that ? . I don't mind a slow build up, but what I will not accept irrelevance.

It's frustrating but I think it's way too early to call it irrelevant

I mean, she did get some good training on how to take out the people she need to take out, and you know she ain't getting killed...
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dany and her squad is like the 2007 Patriots. ? loaded and should win every battle easily. But when it's time to get up on that throne, ? gonna wind up 18-1. That L coming for her at the very end
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say this about the situation in King's Landing.....

MARGERY IS A ? GENIUS!!!

We all know Tommen is weak and easily manipulated. Tywin was the first one to see it. That's why he didn't waste anytime digging his claws into Tommen after Joffery ? that Harlem Shake cocktail. Tommen was hanging off of Tywin's every word. Tywin dies and then he is hanging off of Margery's every word. She suggests sending Cersi to Casterly Rock and what does Tommen do? He suggests to Cersei be sent to casterly rock. He sits down with the High Sparrow and now he is t=one of the most devout. But the character who has the strongest hold on Tommen was Margery ever since she put that ? on him. Margery is great because she can not only manipulate a man with sex but also her mind. She told the High Sparrow everything he wanted to hear and then put on a front for to humble herself when Tommen showed and BOOM! She is free from the dungeons and able to whisper in Tommen's ear again. Remember Olenna once told Margery, "I was good but you are better." She know it's Cersei's fault that Margery ended up being taken captive. What if some unfortunate fate should befall Tommen and Margery is free to marry again?

eb2611746edbf265db4efd74384d9f22.jpg

They been planning that from the jump. Cersei may be crazy but she.....well you get my drift.
  • King of GA
    Options
    If Horn Hill is doing it like that, imagine what Highgarden looks like...
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    And for Jacqen to carry out a mission like that the buyer would have to have deep pockets, and who has deeper pockets than Triggerfinger the former hand of the king for the richest family in Westeros ?? Tyrion said he cooked the books for the Lannisters and ran them into debt and gave a lot of suspicious people money in season 2 and 3. Who else would benefit from keeping Arya safe and alive ? Lord Triggerfinger I say.....

Don't do this...

Come on Gabi don't deny us, our reach goes far beyond Westeros. *Tony Montana voice* "Watch your back, better than your front, lemme tell you. Much easier to watch....." Let us cook Gabi !!!!

giphy.gif
  • Will Munny
    Options

@Will Munny
    @atribecalledgabi

No. I really don't think you can compare the two. Rome fell because of incompetent incestuous ? mad men.

Valyria fell because of a natural disaster. GRRM likes to use a lot of historical events for his stories but at the end if the day, it is still fantasy. When read about Valyria, think of Atlantis.

The targs were heavy into ? tho.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do what was the purpose of Arya's time spent and the house with the black and white door???? Seriously??? ? the show writers for wasting my time with that ? . I don't mind a slow build up, but what I will not accept irrelevance.

Well that girl that was whooping her ass is gonna try to ? her now. And arya still benefited from the training she got while there. It's not irrelevant as of yet

A season a half to be a faceless man all for her or be like "welp I like her acting so I can't ? her"

? stupid.

Hopefully that mean chick ends up killing her.

CS they wasted so much time. And arya was one of my favorite characters smh.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

Don't do this...

Come on Gabi don't deny us, our reach goes far beyond Westeros. *Tony Montana voice* "Watch your back, better than your front, lemme tell you. Much easier to watch....." Let us cook Gabi !!!!

lamont-spit-o.gif
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I posted this before a long time ago but this is my theory on the Starks - I don't think ANY of them will be alive by the time this entire series ends in Season 7 or 8. Here's why:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Faith_of_the_Seven

The 7 gods or the Faith of Seven are seven gods that make up for each fundamental law of nature, the father, mother, maiden, Crone, the warrior, the smith, the stranger:

The Father: represents divine justice, and judges the souls of the dead. Just as Ned Stark represented honour and justice. He died defending those things trying to do right always with no compromise.

The Mother: represents mercy, peace, fertility, and childbirth. She is sometimes referred to as "the strength of women". This is Catelyn Stark to a T. She wanted her daughters, peace for Robb and even begged for mercy before she was killed.

The Maiden: represents purity, innocence, love, and beauty. This would be Sansa. I've noticed that with the Starks when they go against what they are they die and embody each of the 7.

The Crone: represents wisdom and foresight. Is represented carrying a lantern. This would be Bran because he can see the past, present, future (remember when he first had his vision and we saw the dragon fly over King's Landing and snow within the city). He has tremendous wisdom of the past. Peep the foreshadow with Benjen's lantern killing a white walker in tonight's episode.

The Warrior: represents strength and courage in battle. Robb Stark most definitely fit this, and how interesting he NEVER lost a battle (which is ? unheard of) and with his courage became the Last King of the North, but died for love.

The Smith: represents creation and craftsmanship. This is Rickon Stark, there's not much to go on in the show but in the books there's more to him. He indicates the prospect of creation - aka another dynasty of Starks that can carry the Stark name and unify the North. In the books he carries around arrows and items for Robb, Jon and Arya.

The Stranger: The Stranger represents death and the unknown. It is rarely prayed to. Arya Stark. Her fate is now unknown, how will she battle against the Faceless Man ? She saved the actress tonight giving her dominion over her life and even Jacqen's when she saved him in season 2 at Harrenhal. Her story is entirely fuelled by revenge and death.

^^^ In the end, I think each Stark must die to represent each one, the purpose is to be the guardians of the faith to rule the facets of the 7 kingdoms spiritually as entities not really as individuals. Jon Snow IMO is a Targaryen so he doesn't count on here, neither does Benjen, Ned and Catelyn ironically had 5 children, each with a direwolf they can warg into, each representing very strong personality traits.... That's no coincidence.

Cathleene was about no peace bruh. That ? started the war. Ned told this ? to go up North and get my bannermen ready for war. What does this ? do? Start the war before she even make it to the North.