TI’s NYC Show Ends in Shooting (TroyAve's Bodyguard killed,TroyAve Indicted on Shooting Charged )

Options

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    I don't see why shooting himself and his friend is such an outlandish story

Some dude got shot from a bullet that came from another room

Chick got shot in her knee

? don't know how to aim

Because you want to believe that's true.

From what we know as of now there's only one gun so...............

There has been conflicting reports as well. They said Troy snuffed Taxstone and a fight broke out, the shooter drops the weapon in a scuffle, Troy gets shot accidentally he picks it up and starts shooting at somebody. Why aren't you buying that story? But you wanna buy the story that makes Troy look like a complete imbecile.

I don't even know if Taxstone was there
    Troy is an imbecile

Okay or whoever they claimed he punched.

I don't even know what started the fight/issue

All I know is Troy enters the venue, lets off at least 1 shot, ends up arrested and with his mans dead

So that one spot is the only spot in the entire club with a camera? They can easily end all speculation by showing everything. It's quite clear what's about to happen though. They're about to throw the book at Troy. Troy did some dumb ? but in the heat of the moment after seeing your man get shot he wanted blood.

Best believe the nypd has other videos from various angles, they aren't going to show their whole hand yet. Also best believe, they know uncle murda and maino were there and they still steaming over the song those two did about "? cops." The nypd has long memories.

The way i look at it the nypd is setting it up to where troy takes blame for everything OR

they are trying to lull the other names being mentioned, into a false sense of security, before they start bringing down charges on them as well. With so many one or two time felons in that room with lots to lose, expect some informants plus video evidence, to give nypd a big boost.

Plus nypd will be happy to have defeated the "? cop" rappers.

Right. It'll be interesting to see how this ? plays out. It's crazy cause about two weeks ago I was listening to Taxstone's podcast where he was interviewing TK Kirkland and he was talking about how he was a two time violent offender and how 1 more incident could get him sent up for a long time. I think in that same interview ( may have been his interview w/ Maino ) he was talking about going to some venue and about making sure you're strapped in certain environments....can't remember the details. Then there's that BC interview w/ Troy talking about similar ? ......then all of this happens. I think the irony speaks for itself...smh

Like you said though, I wouldn't put anything past the nypd. They already target rap artists as is. I forgot Maino and Murda made that song too....smh....I'm sure that won't help win them any support...lol. This is a high profile incident involving guns, people getting shot/killed, a number of rap/rap-related felons. It might be difficult for Murda to use the "I don't know nothing....I ain't seen nothing" argument....lol. I just have a feeling that somebody is going to made an example of.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    An observation..

I shouldn't be surprised but I am for some reason.. It amazes me how Hip Hop is practically Pop music.. And it is supposed to be so relatable etc. etc. But a lot of cats have no idea and cannot relate to what it is like to come from the environment where hip hop comes from.. Everybody is judging but have never even come close to being in a situation as such..

As I look on Social Media and read through comments on messages boards folks really don't have a clue.. And a lot of folks wouldn't make it in the Ghetto.. Thankfully, they won't have to.. This whole situation is wack for many reason.. There's a lot of hypocrisy to it..

My first post in this thread before any information came out said that the only explanation was Troy was acting in Self Defense.. If I can see that I'm sure the NYPD and the Media can see it.. But they will sensationalize it and try to make Hip Hop look bad and the general public is making it very easy for them..

He's in for the fight of his life.. I hope he beats it..

The self defense ? was out the window the sec he let out a shot, when he was no longer in danger, in a club full of people. If he just held the gun in his hand while dude ran, he could of played the victim.

You're right.. All I'm saying is it's easy to Monday Morning QB a situation after the fact.. If we are going to Monday Morning QB the situation let's just do it for real and say Troy should have never gotten out of bed that day.. Shoulda called over a shorty and stayed in the whole day and night.. This whole thing wouldn't have happened..
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grown men (allegedly) shooting over music smfh
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're right.. All I'm saying is it's easy to Monday Morning QB a situation after the fact.. If we are going to Monday Morning QB the situation let's just do it for real and say Troy should have never gotten out of bed that day.. Shoulda called over a shorty and stayed in the whole day and night.. This whole thing wouldn't have happened..

OR troy could have still gone, but instead of going up to taxstone and trying to flex, he should have just walked out of the green room when he didn't see T.I. back there, who he was trying to see...by all accounts. Every report says his mans was telling him not to approach Tax, but he did anyway and when tax said he wasn't going to stop dissing him, then he swung...

that started all of this, if the reports are true...

no one has said Tax and his man ran up on him and started shooting, or that they even approached him at all...

that is one of the toughest things about self defense, is that all accounts are of him starting the ? . it's hard to claim self defense when you the one throwing the first punch...

unless you george zimmerman of course...

There are a lot of would have could have's in this situation.. We can all agree Troy shouldn't have approached Tax knowing what we know now..

But lets also not act like slander/disrespect going unchecked isn't bad for your brand.. Troy is in the business of hip hop.. Thats how he feeds his fam. He has a right to protect his brand.. And he should protect his brand..

Imagine.. Troy does what you said he should have done.. Tax is on the next podcast he hawing talking wild ? about Troy not wanting it.. Is a lose lose situation to keep it all real..

But if we can say Troy is wrong can we not say Tax is wrong for talking ? in the first place?.. Is that not a valid question to ask?..
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OR troy could have still gone, but instead of going up to taxstone and trying to flex, he should have just walked out of the green room when he didn't see T.I. back there, who he was trying to see...by all accounts. Every report says his mans was telling him not to approach Tax, but he did anyway and when tax said he wasn't going to stop dissing him, then he swung...

no one has said Tax and his man ran up on him and started shooting, or that they even approached him at all...

that is one of the toughest things about self defense, is that all accounts are of him starting the ? . it's hard to claim self defense when you the one throwing the first punch...

Only other thing I can think of is Tax has gone on record on podcast and twitter threatening Troy about what he was going to do to him,so idk man
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember when Sticky just buss in the air at the Source awards

Well if Tax shot first he could get felony murder and Troy could continue making average music
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are a lot of would have could have's in this situation.. We can all agree Troy shouldn't have approached Tax knowing what we know now..

But lets also not act like slander/disrespect going unchecked isn't bad for your brand.. Troy is in the business of hip hop.. Thats how he feeds his fam. He has a right to protect his brand.. And he should protect his brand..

Imagine.. Troy does what you said he should have done.. Tax is on the next podcast he hawing talking wild ? about Troy not wanting it.. Is a lose lose situation to keep it all real..

But if we can say Troy is wrong can we not say Tax is wrong for talking ? in the first place?.. Is that not a valid question to ask?..
    Not really
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Not really. Tax is a podcaster. It's his job to talk ? . It's Troy's job to not be dumb enough to think you got to run up on everyone that don't like your music or talking ? about you. Tax wasn't taking no money out of Troy Ave's pockets, he wasn't stopping him from recording, doing shows, or eating...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Not really. Tax is a podcaster. It's his job to talk ? . It's Troy's job to not be dumb enough to think you got to run up on everyone that don't like your music or talking ? about you. Tax wasn't taking no money out of Troy Ave's pockets, he wasn't stopping him from recording, doing shows, or eating...

Except that Taxstone has been trying to take money out of Troy's pockets. But I guess I get what you mean.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Meek Mill Defends Troy Ave - #FreeTroy
    Posted May 31st, 2016 by Tolisa Tokiwa
    Meek Mill voices his support for Troy Ave.

Although Brooklyn rapper Troy Ave has received heavy criticism from the Hip Hop community, following a VIP section shooting that left one person dead, one rapper recently showed his support for the currently-incarcerated artist.

Meek Mill took to Instagram and posted a photo of Troy in a wheelchair, and added a caption about cops and "crab in the barrel dudes."

"The laws they made ain't designed to protect us!,'" Meek Mill wrote. "'They like get killed or get a 100 years' Don't let the press 'gas' you to go against ya own people! Because if that was a cop Tryna protect his life the police force gone stand behind them 100% 'Pic look crazy' #freetroy & never let these '? ass nobody 'sucka' crab in the barrel dudes pull you down! Most of the time it's all for attention.... that's all these bustas be wanting forreal!"

Right now, Troy Ave is currently being held without bail until his trial, which has been pushed back due to his leg injury.

Troy Ave's lawyer, Scott E. Leemon, claimed that Troy is "the real victim" in the Irving Plaza shooting fallout.

“He’s the real victim here,” Leemon said. “McPhatter died a hero trying to protect Mr. Collins. He was not shot by Mr. Collins.”

Troy Ave was one of several involved in a backstage shootout, which took place last week at T.I.'s concert in Irving Plaza in New York City.

Credit: @MeekMill

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

#freetroy & never let these '? ass nobody 'sucka' crab in the barrel dudes pull you down! Most of the time it's all for attention.... that's all these bustas be wanting forreal!"

Credit: @MeekMill

Meek said the bolded cause tax tried to bait him,
    but meek ain't feed into it..
  • siilentlou
    siilentlou Members Posts: 22 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand how people can say he was no longer in danger and shouldn't have done what he did .. Dude was in a dim / dark area in the venue the lights does not look like it was all on .. And dudes running around screaming , he could of been worried other dudes in that same entourage was still gonna get at him I doubt tax was only with one dude ... He don't know who else got guns inside he don't know who else might come out of no where and shoot him ... Basically dude try watever he could to stay alive .. And didn't care about doing time or being arrested .. Life was first and deal with everything later type of situation ... And this does not take away from his man getting killed and other people hurt .. ? is f d up ..
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, that Jersey trip don't sound too crazy now huh?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    siilentlou wrote: »
    I don't understand how people can say he was no longer in danger and shouldn't have done what he did .. Dude was in a dim / dark area in the venue the lights does not look like it was all on .. And dudes running around screaming , he could of been worried other dudes in that same entourage was still gonna get at him I doubt tax was only with one dude ... He don't know who else got guns inside he don't know who else might come out of no where and shoot him ... Basically dude try watever he could to stay alive .. And didn't care about doing time or being arrested .. Life was first and deal with everything later type of situation ... And this does not take away from his man getting killed and other people hurt .. ? is f d up ..
    Because he Looked like the aggressor...

by busting through a closed door and shooting he appeared to be the Predator, not the prey
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    siilentlou wrote: »
    Because he Looked like the aggressor...

by busting through a closed door and shooting he appeared to be the Predator, not the prey

Lol..
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun..
    Them ? hauled ass when Troy got hold of that pistol..
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy better hope it can be proven that the gun was Tax crews' and that Tax's crew shot his friend dead. Otherwise he might as well change his name to Troy "Hersey" Highway.