TI’s NYC Show Ends in Shooting (TroyAve's Bodyguard killed,TroyAve Indicted on Shooting Charged )

Options

Comments

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

You're right.. All I'm saying is it's easy to Monday Morning QB a situation after the fact.. If we are going to Monday Morning QB the situation let's just do it for real and say Troy should have never gotten out of bed that day.. Shoulda called over a shorty and stayed in the whole day and night.. This whole thing wouldn't have happened..

OR troy could have still gone, but instead of going up to taxstone and trying to flex, he should have just walked out of the green room when he didn't see T.I. back there, who he was trying to see...by all accounts. Every report says his mans was telling him not to approach Tax, but he did anyway and when tax said he wasn't going to stop dissing him, then he swung...

that started all of this, if the reports are true...

no one has said Tax and his man ran up on him and started shooting, or that they even approached him at all...

that is one of the toughest things about self defense, is that all accounts are of him starting the ? . it's hard to claim self defense when you the one throwing the first punch...

unless you george zimmerman of course...

There are a lot of would have could have's in this situation.. We can all agree Troy shouldn't have approached Tax knowing what we know now..

But lets also not act like slander/disrespect going unchecked isn't bad for your brand.. Troy is in the business of hip hop.. Thats how he feeds his fam. He has a right to protect his brand.. And he should protect his brand..

Imagine.. Troy does what you said he should have done.. Tax is on the next podcast he hawing talking wild ? about Troy not wanting it.. Is a lose lose situation to keep it all real..

But if we can say Troy is wrong can we not say Tax is wrong for talking ? in the first place?.. Is that not a valid question to ask?..

Not really. Tax is a podcaster. It's his job to talk ? . It's Troy's job to not be dumb enough to think you got to run up on everyone that don't like your music or talking ? about you. Tax wasn't taking no money out of Troy Ave's pockets, he wasn't stopping him from recording, doing shows, or eating...

@blackrain Come on my ? you're smarter than this.. If his brand is damaged or destroyed.. He definitely loses money behind that..
  • siilentlou
    siilentlou Members Posts: 22 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    siilentlou wrote: »
    I don't understand how people can say he was no longer in danger and shouldn't have done what he did .. Dude was in a dim / dark area in the venue the lights does not look like it was all on .. And dudes running around screaming , he could of been worried other dudes in that same entourage was still gonna get at him I doubt tax was only with one dude ... He don't know who else got guns inside he don't know who else might come out of no where and shoot him ... Basically dude try watever he could to stay alive .. And didn't care about doing time or being arrested .. Life was first and deal with everything later type of situation ... And this does not take away from his man getting killed and other people hurt .. ? is f d up ..

If that's your reasoning for why it was ok for him to lick off a shot in a crowded nightclub it's a good thing you're not his lawyer.

In my comment never said its ok for what he did, am just saying that his reason what he did shouldn't be judged if your not in that situation . People keep saying well from the video it looks like he is not in danger, and he should of just relaxed and find a corner .. come on man really lol ... Never said he shouldn't do time either or him shooting up the place is smart.. So let's say he shoot twice and killed tax and his man .. Then he is amazing shooter ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who is the dude behind Troy in that pic?

Is that or not the dude that ended up dead?
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Can somebody explain how driving to new jersey could help you beat an attempted murder charge?

lol. Like I stated, you got get cuffed to your recovery bed. Also additional pistols are less likely to be found in a van that was never checked. You think the NYPD knew who was on camera? They didn't know ? .

The Internet is solving all of this.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So who is the dude behind Troy in that pic?

Is that or not the dude that ended up dead?

I'm not sure, but I don't think that's Banga. From my understanding, the 1st shooting happened in the room they came out of. Where you hear all the shots and the girl saying "My leg". I think Banga gets shot in there. What we see is after Tax n nem leave out and Troy gets the gun and lets off a shot at them. You can see Troy has been shot in the video.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This will end one of two ways............

-Troy will take the weight for all of the shootings that happened that night and be sat down in jail for a very long time.

Or

-Troy (via himself or via a designated person in his circle) will tell the police exactly what happened that night and who else did the shooting, thus drastically lowering his sentence.

Either he will talk or he will sit for a very long time. The choice is his.

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

-Troy will take the weight for all of the shootings that happened that night and be sat down in jail for a very long time.

Or

-Troy (via himself or via a designated person in his circle) will tell the police exactly what happened that night and who else did the shooting, thus drastically lowering his sentence.

This isn't all on Troy.. There were dozens of people in that room.. What will happen is.. His lawyer is going to Sequester the folks that were in that room.. And they'll have one of two choices.. Lie and perger (sp) themselves or get hit with an obstruction of justice charge. Remember when TI had to take the stand when his man Philant got killed?. Same scenario..

Troy being the defendant can plead the 5th and not have to take the stand at all.. Word is he has one of the best lawyers in NYC working for him as well.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So has tax left nyc yet?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or

neither of those will happen. the charges against him shouldn't have anyone snitching or have him folding under pressure. his lawyer is already doing a good with what he said at troy's arraignment. he is the victim. the attempted murder is his most serious charge and the prosecution has to show he had an intent to ? . troy lawyer is setting the stage to so yeah he did a stupid thing shooting in the club but the situation caused him to think irrational. he was reckless and that is all he is guilty of along with a weapons offense. run those concurrent and troy should be home in 3 or 3.5 years. if a ? fold under that pressure and start telling he ? . the only weight troy carries is his own actions for shooting in the club. don't do the crime if u cant do the time. troy will never take the stand because him talking is one of the stupidest things he could ever do in a case like this. he is not on trial for his life. he just facing a few years.

bid ? bid!
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or

This isn't all on Troy.. There were dozens of people in that room.. What will happen is.. His lawyer is going to Sequester the folks that were in that room.. And they'll have one of two choices.. Lie and perger (sp) themselves or get hit with an obstruction of justice charge. Remember when TI had to take the stand when his man Philant got killed?. Same scenario..

Troy being the defendant can plead the 5th and not have to take the stand at all.. Word is he has one of the best lawyers in NYC working for him as well.

Yea, I'm sure others will be squeezed by the police, but Troy is the one facing all the weight because he was caught shooting and multiple guns were caught in a vehicle that he was in.

I agree that people like Maino's girl (The police know her ass lying about not seeing anything. That's why they are watching who sees her in the hospital) will be pressured by the police, but don't be fooled fam........The most pressure is on Troy.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Troy don't look shot in the video to me

All that mostly like to be true but the way he was handling the gun I would be surprised if he shot himself

And why the girl ain't talking is beyond me. She know exactly what happen.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Police now saying they don't believe troy shot himself or friend. I mean he still ? cause he shot but this helps ease the ether a little. Just a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExhFoQ_cTGU
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless they charge him for the extra 2 guns in the van they're irrelevant...

Just like releasing the video was not needed...

Those are out there to try and sway opinions for potential jurors...

? game...
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would he get a gun charge if they gun was the assailants and not his?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Would he get a gun charge if they gun was the assailants and not his?

Good question...

I am guessing we will find out though...
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're right.. All I'm saying is it's easy to Monday Morning QB a situation after the fact.. If we are going to Monday Morning QB the situation let's just do it for real and say Troy should have never gotten out of bed that day.. Shoulda called over a shorty and stayed in the whole day and night.. This whole thing wouldn't have happened..

OR troy could have still gone, but instead of going up to taxstone and trying to flex, he should have just walked out of the green room when he didn't see T.I. back there, who he was trying to see...by all accounts. Every report says his mans was telling him not to approach Tax, but he did anyway and when tax said he wasn't going to stop dissing him, then he swung...

no one has said Tax and his man ran up on him and started shooting, or that they even approached him at all...

that is one of the toughest things about self defense, is that all accounts are of him starting the ? . it's hard to claim self defense when you the one throwing the first punch...

There are a lot of would have could have's in this situation.. We can all agree Troy shouldn't have approached Tax knowing what we know now..

But lets also not act like slander/disrespect going unchecked isn't bad for your brand.. Troy is in the business of hip hop.. Thats how he feeds his fam. He has a right to protect his brand.. And he should protect his brand..

Imagine.. Troy does what you said he should have done.. Tax is on the next podcast he hawing talking wild ? about Troy not wanting it.. Is a lose lose situation to keep it all real..

But if we can say Troy is wrong can we not say Tax is wrong for talking ? in the first place?.. Is that not a valid question to ask?..

Not really. Tax is a podcaster. It's his job to talk ? . It's Troy's job to not be dumb enough to think you got to run up on everyone that don't like your music or talking ? about you. Tax wasn't taking no money out of Troy Ave's pockets, he wasn't stopping him from recording, doing shows, or eating...

yall let that twitter/charlamagne ? , say anything you want and never get checked go to your heads
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are no, none, zero self defense laws in NYC. In Artice 35 of NY Penal Code you will find the idea of "justification." In essence your response to an attack has to be "reasonable and proportional" to said attack and only in defense of yourself.

Assuming from the video that Troy was shooting at taxstone who was just sitting their, there is no justification.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Is it really self defense if he pressed Tax though

Because it would be Tax is the one that acted in self defense.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Self defense is not about the aggressor. If u start a road rage argument I pull out a gun and u pull one and shoot me u can still claim self defense. U started it but the key is did u act reasonable when u shot me. A reasonable person doesn't shoot in a club. That is why it's hard for him to claim self defense
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol this aint florida ?

Self defense is not about the aggressor. If u start a road rage argument I pull out a gun and u pull one and shoot me u can still claim self defense. U started it but the key is did u act reasonable when u shot me. A reasonable person doesn't shoot in a club. That is why it's hard for him to claim self defense

lol this aint florida ? or a gun friendly state
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    There are no, none, zero self defense laws in NYC. In Artice 35 of NY Penal Code you will find the idea of "justification." In essence your response to an attack has to be "reasonable and proportional" to said attack and only in defense of yourself.

Assuming from the video that Troy was shooting at taxstone who was just sitting their, there is no justification.

article 35 of the NY penal Code serves as Self-Defense
    and yes the response must be reasonable and proportional to the attack on yourself....if a person punches you, you can't shoot them in defense of yourself
    but if they have a knife, you shooting back may be justified...

in this case, troy avg can seemingly be allowed to shoot back if he indeed was shot first, in general
    however, given that the people were running away from him, it makes it murky
    on top of that, he was shooting into a crowded area
    if someone walks up to you in an empty field, with a gun and shoots at you and you grab it from them, then they turn and run and you shoot, you can still have a strong claim of self defense

however if we change it from an empty field to the middle of times square, then that claim gets weaker, because you are putting so many people at danger....

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

@blackrain Come on my ? you're smarter than this.. If his brand is damaged or destroyed.. He definitely loses money behind that..

@EmM HoLLa. But Tax ain't big enough to damage his brand. He's just now getting some shine because of his podcast. I'm willing to bet more people know who Troy Ave is than Tax. ? so used to going towards the short term solution they miss the long term consequences. Troy went for the short term solution confronting Tax over some ? he should have been smart enough to ignore or at least not confront in such a public place where it's so many chances for ? to go wrong.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

yall let that twitter/charlamagne ? , say anything you want and never get checked go to your heads

No I just know that if somebody is beneath you you don't go down to their level to respond to stupid ? . If I'm Troy Ave and Im backstage at TI show and TI talking about wanting to do a song the last thing im thinking about is a Podcaster talking ? about me. Like I said Tax wasn't stopping Troy from eating or getting money so what was the beef for? Some tweets?