Do you ever think that deep down inside, other races despise the Black Race because....

Options
2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Y'all be overthinking things. It's simple, people have contempt for things they perceive as weak. It's like the herb that got picked on in high school, even though he never bothered anyone people still ? on him; this is human nature. Individually we're strong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgxvbNyDbaE

but collectively we're weak. And in the long run collective strength is far more important.

I don't think that's true at all. If whites thought we were weak, they wouldn't do so much to keep us collectively weak. Think about your example. The herb in school may get picked for being weak, but the bullies don't implement rules, policies, and systems to keep that herb from ever getting stronger.

Race is more or less a tool of the rich and powerful to keep those without wealth divide. At least that's how it's largely used in the U.S. and the U.S. perception of race has influenced much of the rest of the world. Blacks have just been scapegoated in order to keep poor whites and other minorities from turning their attention to their real enemies. Blacks don't have the unending claim on this though. After all, immigrants and muslims have been catching more and more of this in recent years.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all be overthinking things. It's simple, people have contempt for things they perceive as weak. It's like the herb that got picked on in high school, even though he never bothered anyone people still ? on him; this is human nature. Individually we're strong:

but collectively we're weak. And in the long run collective strength is far more important.

I don't think that's true at all. If whites thought we were weak, they wouldn't do so much to keep us collectively weak. Think about your example. The herb in school may get picked for being weak, but the bullies don't implement rules, policies, and systems to keep that herb from ever getting stronger.

whites do not single out african people for exploitation we simply are the most ? on because we are the easiest to ? on in other words we are the easiest to take advantage of. This is so because we are collectively weak. There is no rule or policy that keeps black/African people down and

IT'S not as if whites fear black people therefore they have some special animus or desire to keep blacks weak.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

whites do not single out african people for exploitation we simply are the most ? on because we are the easiest to ? on in other words we are the easiest to take advantage of. This is so because we are collectively weak. There is no rule or policy that keeps black/African people down and

IT'S not as if whites fear black people therefore they have some special animus or desire to keep blacks weak.

Nowhere did I say that whites single out african people. I specifically pointed out that they are even shifting a lot of that scapegoating away from us now to muslims and immigrants.

The point I was making is that whites in this country have historically made moves to keep us (and other minorities to a lesser extent) in positions of weakness. You don't do that to someone you believe is intrinsically weak. You do that to someone who you believe is capable of shedding the weakness that you depend on them having.
  • zzombie
    Options

Nowhere did I say that whites single out african people. I specifically pointed out that they are even shifting a lot of that scapegoating away from us now to muslims and immigrants.

The point I was making is that whites in this country have historically made moves to keep us (and other minorities to a lesser extent) in positions of weakness. You don't do that to someone you believe is intrinsically weak. You do that to someone who you believe is capable of shedding the weakness that you depend on them having.

if you are just talking about this country you would be correct there WAS systematic oppression here but i was not limiting statements to american history i was speaking with a more global historical perspective
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

if you are just talking about this country you would be correct there WAS systematic oppression here but i was not limiting statements to american history i was speaking with a more global historical perspective

Well globally, you're right. Whites haven't even been in a position to oppress blacks until relatively recently as far as human history goes. For most of human history, parts of Africa were actually ahead of Europe in many ways. I was speaking mostly on America because most of the racism we're familiar with wasn't really that widespread of a thing until America came into being a superpower and started to influence the world at large more.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they hate us because we're the true rulers of this world.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Centuries ago the majority allowed themselves to be enslaved, than die fighting for their freedom. I never thought about it in that way until I had a convo with a couple of Asian people who bragged about not being enslaved. And how their pride and love for their own countryman wouldn't allow it. Honestly I took it as a joke. But I'm curious if anybody really does feel that our ancestors enslavement was a sign of weakness, and cowardice?

Nah Europeans created a whole new type of slavery when they started taking Africans

No they didn't. Arabs had been practicing chattel slavery for centuries before Europeans got in on it. Hell, Europeans didn't even start off with that type of slavery. They started off using Africans as indentured servants and then switched when they figured out it would be cheaper just to treat the Africans like animals.

Why do you/y'all embarrass yourselves by challenging me when you could have just asked me to elaborate

The European trans-Atlantic slave trade was the first of its kind because they were the first to practice MULTI-GENERATIONAL SLAVERY meaning your kids and your kids kids are were slaves if you were one, which also makes the trans-Atlantic slave trade the most inhumane of all forms of slavery by far

NO OTHER CULTURE passed slavery down to offspring, it was used mainly to pay off debt or pow punishment before white people took over

Anything else you need me to teach you?

Try asking nicely next time
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Centuries ago the majority allowed themselves to be enslaved, than die fighting for their freedom. I never thought about it in that way until I had a convo with a couple of Asian people who bragged about not being enslaved. And how their pride and love for their own countryman wouldn't allow it. Honestly I took it as a joke. But I'm curious if anybody really does feel that our ancestors enslavement was a sign of weakness, and cowardice?

Nah Europeans created a whole new type of slavery when they started taking Africans

No they didn't. Arabs had been practicing chattel slavery for centuries before Europeans got in on it. Hell, Europeans didn't even start off with that type of slavery. They started off using Africans as indentured servants and then switched when they figured out it would be cheaper just to treat the Africans like animals.

Why do you/y'all embarrass yourselves by challenging me when you could have just asked me to elaborate

The European trans-Atlantic slave trade was the first of its kind because they were the first to practice MULTI-GENERATIONAL SLAVERY meaning your kids and your kids kids are were slaves if you were one, which also makes the trans-Atlantic slave trade the most inhumane of all forms of slavery by far

NO OTHER CULTURE passed slavery down to offspring, it was used mainly to pay off debt or pow punishment before white people took over

lol You ain't teaching anything. What you just described is a characteristic of Chattel slavery. As chattel the slaves were considered property and that state was also transferred to their children. Arabs practiced Chattel before Europe started doing it.
    According to some historians, Islam prohibited freeborn Muslims from being enslaved, so it was not in the interest for Arab slavers to convert enslaved Africans to the religion. Since converting enslaved Africans to Muslim would grant them more rights and reduce the potential reservoir of people to enslave, propagators of Islam often revealed a cautious attitude toward proselytizing Africans.
    Still, if an African converted to Islam he was not guaranteed freedom nor did it confer freedom to their children. Only children of slaves or non-Muslim prisoners of war could become slaves, never a freeborn Muslim.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/4/
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

lol You ain't teaching anything. What you just described is a characteristic of Chattel slavery. As chattel the slaves were considered property and that state was also transferred to their children. Arabs practiced Chattel before Europe started doing it.
    According to some historians, Islam prohibited freeborn Muslims from being enslaved, so it was not in the interest for Arab slavers to convert enslaved Africans to the religion. Since converting enslaved Africans to Muslim would grant them more rights and reduce the potential reservoir of people to enslave, propagators of Islam often revealed a cautious attitude toward proselytizing Africans.
    Still, if an African converted to Islam he was not guaranteed freedom nor did it confer freedom to their children. Only children of slaves or non-Muslim prisoners of war could become slaves, never a freeborn Muslim.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/4/

Actually no, Muslims did not breed slaves like Europeans

I'm not sure why people such as yourself constantly try and equate Muslim and European slavery but they were completely different and on completely different scales

I honestly think y'all inject incorrect Muslim nonsense into slavery talk just to take heat off of Europeans
  • zzombie
    Options
    Muslims castrated their males slaves and used females slaves mostly just for sex they plus did not breed African slaves because they had no need, unlike Europeans they lived right next to the supply.

The Islamic slave trade was way worse than the trans-Atlantic slave trade and in the heart of the islamic world (saudi- arabia) slavery did not become illegal until the 1960's when america and the European powers basically pressured the arabs to stop.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm not sure why people such as yourself constantly try and equate Muslim and European slavery but they were completely different and on completely different scales

I honestly think y'all inject incorrect Muslim nonsense into slavery talk just to take heat off of Europeans

No one said Muslims bred slaves in the same way Europeans did, but Muslim slavery could be generational. I also didn't say that Muslim slavery and European slavery were the same. You said that Europeans created a new type of slavery, which is incorrect. They didn't do anything unprecedented. They might have taken some things to levels that may not have been done before, and their actions might have been harsher on a certain group of people than others, but they didn't create a new kind of slavery.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

No one said Muslims bred slaves in the same way Europeans did, but Muslim slavery could be generational. I also didn't say that Muslim slavery and European slavery were the same. You said that Europeans created a new type of slavery, which is incorrect. They didn't do anything unprecedented. They might have taken some things to levels that may not have been done before, and their actions might have been harsher on a certain group of people than others, but they didn't create a new kind of slavery.

This entire post was a contradiction

Please stop trying to save face and just fall back, I'm really going easy on you right now
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    except Asian were enslaved/colonized by other asians and europeans

Exactly. Most races were enslaved at one time or another. But I feel to due to media perception, the black race is always made to look inferior. And I feel that's where the Asian's mind is borrowing from. That the Black man is mentally weak.

Yeah if you really think about it and read up on many different countries from the different continents you realized pretty much everyone was enslaved at one point even by their own people so... Shrugs* I don't see any cowardness. Maybe more naiveness I would say from all those different type of nationalities who at one point were enslaved