Better black people food: Jamaican ? chicken/pork and oxtails or BBQ chicken/ribs and neckbones

Options

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that curry goat is something special
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall need to dive in to sum saltfish, ackee, breadfruit and sum dumplings & potatoes.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    it would be a great thing for both African americans and Jamaicans/west Indians if African americans stopped going to the chiney spot and ate west indian food instead.

There's not a lot of Jamaican restaurants here, there ls American Chinese spots every other mile

YOU HAVE my sympathy. great food variety is one of the reason why nyc one of the goat cities in the world
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    we got these spots in my city but they over priced they tried charging folks $15 for a plate of 3 oxtails with rice and peas lol rode by there the other day and they are out of business. How much plate of oxtail w/ rice and peas run yall in your cities?

Jamaican spots be high af in my city too. I thought it was just me thinking that lol

Yep. Jamaican food be expensive as ? and you always get that rude cashier. Lol I love my people though. Lol
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    we got these spots in my city but they over priced they tried charging folks $15 for a plate of 3 oxtails with rice and peas lol rode by there the other day and they are out of business. How much plate of oxtail w/ rice and peas run yall in your cities?

Jamaican spots be high af in my city too. I thought it was just me thinking that lol

Yep. Jamaican food be expensive as ? and you always get that rude cashier. Lol I love my people though. Lol

click on the pic of the dude, black yelp be popping too lmao

http://m.yelp.com/biz_photos/peppas-? -chicken-brooklyn?select=zNukBGMFhyf1yotMJk7AsA
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    IF you guys have never tried escovitch fish you need to give it a try in my opinion it's as good or better than ? food.... also real ? chicken should not be made indoors the best ? chicken is made outdoors in a burnt black barrel
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IF you guys have never tried escovitch fish you need to give it a try in my opinion it's as good or better than ? food.... also real ? chicken should not be made indoors the best ? chicken is made outdoors in a burnt black barrel

Just looked escovitch fish up. Never had it but it sounds good. Is the breaded or just pan fried? And is it served cold? I was confused about that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beef patty and coco bread>>>>>
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id ? a ? over or for ox tail
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Had a beef patty fron the ? spot here and it was trash. I'd give it another shot somewhere else. But if it ends up being a disappointment too it's straight f**k a beef patty
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgacj80AjBY
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Jamaican food trumps everything on the planet

Cajun/creole dishes >>>> the world

Let's go to War!!!!
  • zzombie
    Options

Just looked escovitch fish up. Never had it but it sounds good. Is the breaded or just pan fried? And is it served cold? I was confused about that.

Never served cold but I like it room temperature and it's not breaded. The fish is basically washed in vinegar and seasoned I really don't know how to make it but it tastes great
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been trying to find a nice Jamaican spot that delivers. ..that would be heaven
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Had a beef patty fron the ? spot here and it was trash. I'd give it another shot somewhere else. But if it ends up being a disappointment too it's straight f**k a beef patty

Flagged respectfully
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Escovitch be official my g but that ? be to expensive in the restaurant. They be wanting like $12 just for the fish. And it's only one piece of fish. With no sides. Nah I'll pass. My ex wife mom used to make banging escovitch fish. I used go to the fish market spend like 25 on the fish I wanted. She used to chef that ? up.

$25 for like seven pieces of fish >>>>>>than $18 on one single meal.

But ackee, salt fish, callaloo and boiled dumplings have ? right.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

? them beef pattys. Get you a veggie patty or two. ask the do they have hardough bread. Get two slices on the side. You won't regret it homie.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    Flatbush, Brooklyn
    Gunhill road,Bronx
    Anywhere in Queens
    The best West Indian restaurants in the United States.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    went to this other "jamaican" spot and they only serve ? chicken on Mondays lol losers for real just turning down money
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Not breaded, is pan fried, and can be eaten cold or hot.

Snapper or Parrot fish

slice 3 slots on each side of the fish
    rub down with lime or vinegar to clean
    season fish with salt and pepper
    heat up a skillet with some vegetable oil/olive oil
    fry 5 minutes on each side until golden brown

in a ? poor in a cop of vinegar and boil
    cut up a scotch bonet pepper (habanero)
    cut up some white or yellow onion
    get some pemento aka all spice berries
    add some shredded carrots
    cut up some bell peppers
    boil all that ? together for five minutes.

Take the fish out the frying pan and put it in a bowl
    Pour the vinegar and vegetable mix on the fish and let it sit for 15 minutes

GOAT ? !
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black pudding and ? >>>> oxtails
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exactly what is oxtails? What part of the animal is it?
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    . 2fz2udav7ob9.jpg

NO that sausage(pause) look burnt to cinders, can't do it,
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flatbush, Brooklyn
    Gunhill road,Bronx
    Anywhere in Queens
    The best West Indian restaurants in the United States.

Golden crust got the best beef patties
  • zzombie
    Options

Do you mean blood pudding aka the most nasty ? on earth??? Stop eating that ?