The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off topic but if you have Amazon Prime The Complete Spawn the animated series is on there right now
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall crazy. The way i do it is i go on my browser on my xbox one and watch the newest stuff straight off rainierland.

I use putlocker, that site so goat
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    saw a DOPE ass 1080p version of Xmen Apocalypse this weekend

BUT, not even that could save it from being a very lackluster movie

1.5/5

this movie suffers from the same thing that messed up BvS imo...trying to fit too much into one film while not properly developing characters and making the viewer feel invested in the characters.

Say what you will but while not EVERY single Avenger solo film was a hit out the part, they did what these films have been trying to do in one movie for the past 6 years or so

I understand that FOX and DC just cant invest the time to properly do this as it would call for them to probably reboot ALL the stories from the beginning and at this time, by now, you either know the origin or you dont, which puts them further behind Marvel when it comes to establishing characters over multiple films.

Wait, so it's ok for the Avengers team up films to rely on previous films as opposed to standing on its own, but it's not ok for BvS and the X-Men films to NOT rely on previous films?

Objectivity goes right out the window so when it comes to this ? .

thats not what i said

its very evident that Marvel at the very least, has had a vision for their Cinematic Universe. They started off with the solo films with the end result being the Civil War film.

They were able to fully flesh out each characters origins and their initial meet and greet with Fury (sans Mark Ruffalo's Hulk b/c it was Ed Norton iirc when he met Fury)

What you just saw in the last Captain America was all of it coming together AND they introduced their version of Spidey and Black Panther in a non ham ? way. It was a natural progression, but we saw this pretty much mapped out when they revealed to the world their 3 or 4 phases in how they were going to do this

DC otoh, has just done a really poor job of establishing the lesser known/less popular characters to make them matter when they finally get some screen time.

They've tried to establish characters like the Flash via TV and that might actually work in their favor, BUT, up til this point, most of DC's efforts have gone to Batman.

We know who aqua man flash and cyborg are. Cy Borg has been around for 35 years. I am not waiting five years through set up movies just to get to the justice league screw that. Any body who grew up watching g the super friends knows who these characters are. They are still .getting solo movies anyway
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ reg ppl knowing who cyborg is though
  • Splackavelli
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Point being am not sitting another 5 years through. Mediocre hit or miss set up movies for justice league. Admit it. Incredible hulk , Thor, cap etc were some what meh. As for cyborg he's been around for 35 years that's a general population of people!e 35 years and younger . That's long enough to get acquainted with him.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a cyborg stand a lone film. ? a wonder woman feminist propaganda film. And ? a flash film. That ? would be like watching a worse antman
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    ? a cyborg stand a lone film. ? a wonder woman feminist propaganda film. And ? a flash film. That ? would be like watching a worse antman

I could watch a flash standalone though.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? you!!!
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Point being am not sitting another 5 years through. Mediocre hit or miss set up movies for justice league. Admit it. Incredible hulk , Thor, cap etc were some what meh. As for cyborg he's been around for 35 years that's a general population of people!e 35 years and younger . That's long enough to get acquainted with him.

A ? excelling at technology makes people uncomfortable b.

A back story is needed to quell all fears.

What kind of low self esteem ? is this? We just had a movie were black panther stole the show. I swear some of y'all ? minds are still on the plantation.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

What kind of low self esteem ? is this? We just had a movie were black panther stole the show. I swear some of y'all ? minds are still on the plantation.

I was just joking ? , calm down.

I work with technology for a living.

It is kind of funny though.

Remember the consistent movie plots where the only way a black person would become president is if a doomsday scenario happens?

The only way a black person excels at technology is if he is a comic book character or creating a doomsday scenario (Terminator)?

I am just joking ? , just grasping for straws that could be there or not, LOL.

I never looked at it that way. What about Baxter stockman I the turtles movie. Just kidding.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

I was just joking ? , calm down.

I work with technology for a living.

Remember the consistent movie plots where the only way a black person would become president is if a doomsday scenario happens?

The only way a black person excels at technology is if he is a comic book character or creating a doomsday scenario (Terminator)?

I am just joking ? , just grasping for straws that could be there or not, LOL.

I never looked at it that way. What about Baxter stockman I the turtles movie. Just kidding.

Not sure if you are being sacrastic or serious.

Baxter was in one of the Turtle movies? And he was black?

Shout out to the Die Hard franchise for being progressive...

http://youtu.be/JxR7RYuF2fU

http://youtu.be/Nmo4ym8DM8o

yeah tyler perry plays him and according to the tmnt thread they said he did a good job.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You forgot uncle tom or ? .

• Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Took me 3 tries to finish this movie I kept fallin asleep
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I just seen it. It wasn't as bad as some of u make it out to be. I'm an x men fan so maybe I'm a little biased. Just wish night crawler knew mystic was his mom and Magnus knew quicksilver was his son
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    That wolverine movie gonna be flames
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolverine ever had a child that lived?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was kinda wack
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Daken. He killed his other ones by being set up by a bunch of wealthy ? who hated him for the murders ge committed while with Weapon X.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Daken. He killed his other ones by being set up by a bunch of wealthy ? who hated him for the murders ge committed while with Weapon X.

Yep wolverine jr. Logan's bisexual sixty year old half Japanese son with two claws who sliced punisher to ribbons. In the comics he is dark wolverine and was a member of the dark avengers. I hope they retconned that punisher death and brought him back the ? was all wrong.. btw that xmen vs dark avengers battle was flames.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a wonder woman feminist propaganda film.

I really wish people would do their research before commenting on a character because sometimes when they comment their ignorance shines brighter than the sun on a cloudless day.

1) Diana is from a society of warrior women. As a matter of fact in this society of warrior women she's literally the G.O.A.T. which is why she go to leave Themsycria with Steve Trevor to go into the man's world.

2) Diana is a princess and heir to the throne of Themsycria. She's supposed to have leadership skills and command presence.

3) Not having a Wonder Woman film promote feminism and have very strong ass kickin' female leads is actually a severe departure from the source material. Back in 1940, when William Moulton Marston created Wonder Woman, Diana was suppose to be feminist icon and a role model for girls and women.

Here are two Wonder Woman fun facts. Diana's bracelets are meant to represent some subliminal SMBD ? and Diana's creator, William Moulton Marston, his wife Elizabeth, and Olive Byrne were in a polyamorous relationship. They all used to get in the bed together at night and freak off. As a matter of fact, the visual inspiration for Diana was Olive Byrne.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really wish people would do their research before commenting on a character because sometimes when they comment their ignorance shines brighter than the sun on a cloudless day.

1) Diana is from a society of warrior women. As a matter of fact in this society of warrior women she's literally the G.O.A.T. which is why she go to leave Themsycria with Steve Trevor to go into the man's world.

2) Diana is a princess and heir to the throne of Themsycria. She's supposed to have leadership skills and command presence.

3) Not having a Wonder Woman film promote feminism and have very strong ass kickin' female leads is actually a severe departure from the source material. Back in 1940, when William Moulton Marston created Wonder Woman, Diana was suppose to be feminist icon and a role model for girls and women.

Here are two Wonder Woman fun facts. Diana's bracelets are meant to represent some subliminal SMBD ? and Diana's creator, William Moulton Marston, his wife Elizabeth, and Olive Byrne were in a polyamorous relationship. They all used to get in the bed together at night and freak off. As a matter of fact, the visual inspiration for Diana was Olive Byrne.

That guy is sorta a troll poster
  • Splackavelli
    edited June 2016
    Options

Yeah but to hell with feminism though. Yeah and wonder woman's creator was into that sadomasochisitc lifestyle. In so many of his early comics wonder woman was often depicted tied up gasping moaning for help in an almost sexual manner. I told y'all these comic book artist are horn dogs. Just look at that storm nude by John Byrne in my sexy super hero sistas thread
  • Splackavelli
    edited June 2016
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    hugh-jackman-films-wolverine-3-scenes-with-patrick-stewart-01.jpg
    hugh-jackman-films-wolverine-3-scenes-with-patrick-stewart-02.jpg
    hugh-jackman-films-wolverine-3-scenes-with-patrick-stewart-03.jpg
    hugh-jackman-films-wolverine-3-scenes-with-patrick-stewart-05.jpg
    hugh-jackman-films-wolverine-3-scenes-with-patrick-stewart-09.jpg

Whats going on here?