Native American man tells Black people quit stealing his people's culture

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    After Columbus found what he thought was the eastern edge of India on his first voyage, he found the natives he encountered “ought to make good and skilled servants” according to his diaries. He also at first expressed an eagerness to bring religion to the natives, saying “I think they can very easily be made Christians, for they seem to have no religion.”

Columbus didn’t just not let religion get in the way of his profiting off slavery: he actually believed ? embraced his slave business. On his third voyage, Columbus wrote during his return to Hispaniola in 1498, “From here one might send, in the name of the Holy Trinity, as many slaves as could be sold…”People think the mounds were built by the Indians, or by the ancestors of the historically known Indian groups. This was widely disregarded for a number of reasons including early historical documents, hoaxes and the fact that Indians had no connection to the mounds. Most of those Indians moved to the Ohio territory from farther east only a few decades before, and therefore had no connection to the mounds. After the US government forcibly 'removed' most of the remaining Indians from the east in the late 1820s and early 1830s, there were few Indians around to correct the misunderstanding. The Mound Builder question became one of the most popular puzzles of the 19th century.

Historically known Indigenous people known as Indians of the east were occasionally found in the mounds. Similarities in stone tools between Indians and Mound builders existed. It was a common misperception - that Eastern Indians had not been farmers - and when Squire and Davis combined it with their observation that 'defensive enclosures' were most common along the northern edge of the distribution of mounds, they derived the conclusion that Indians had attacked the Mound builders persistently from the north.

The Yamasee is a direct descendant of the Olmecs through the Washitaw Moors. The Washitaw is a derivative of the term 'Wichita' who are known as 'Kitikitish' meaning, "Raccoon eyes." This referred to the black Native Americans because of their black faces, thus the term '? ' was used to identify a black person. The Yamasee lived in Georgia on the Ocmulgee River near Macon, Georgia and where early Yamasee mounds were discovered. Today, Macon is also the home of the Harriet Tubman African-American Museum. The Yamasse is the mother tribe of the Creeks, Seminoles, Apalachees, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Catawbas, and Cherokee.

DNA Evidence

Fewer than 10% of African-American mtDNAs match mtDNA sequences from a single African region. Few African Americans are able to trace their mtDNA lineages to a particular region of Africa, and even fewer will be able to trace their mtDNA to a single ethnic group. The excuse is that no firm conclusions should be made until a much larger database is available. The same conclusion can be made with Native American tribes. It is clear, however, that when identical mtDNA haplotypes are shared among many ethnic groups from different parts of Africa, it is impossible to determine which single ethnic group was the source of a particular maternal ancestor based on the mtDNA sequence. The sub-Saharan mtDNA sequences have identified the most common haplotypes.

In both of the African-American samples, approximately 40% of the mtDNA sequences do not match any sequence in any other ethnic group. More than half of these sequences differ from multiple database sequences at a single position. Less than 10% of African-American mtDNAs matched mtDNA sequences from a single African region suggests that as few as one in nine African Americans may be able to trace their mtDNA lineage to a particular region of Africa.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17038170

"Our database of sub-Saharan mtDNA sequences includes the most common haplotypes that are shared among ethnic groups from multiple regions of Africa. These common haplotypes have been found in half of all sub-Saharan Africans. More than 60% of the remaining haplotypes differ from the common haplotypes at a single nucleotide position in the HVS-I region, and they are likely to occur at varying frequencies within sub-Saharan Africa. However, the finding that 40% of the African-American mtDNAs analyzed had no match in the database indicates that only a small fraction of the total number of African haplotypes has been identified. In addition, the finding that fewer than 10% of African-American mtDNAs matched mtDNA sequences from a single African region suggests that few African Americans might be able to trace their mtDNA lineages to a particular region of Africa, and even fewer will be able to trace their mtDNA to a single ethnic group. However, no firm conclusions should be made until a much larger database is available. It is clear, however, that when identical mtDNA haplotypes are shared among many ethnic groups from different parts of Africa, it is impossible to determine which single ethnic group was the source of a particular maternal ancestor based on the mtDNA sequence."

This information is old now back in October 2006.

https://www.legacytree.com/blog/dna-testing-can-transform-african-american-family-history-research

It is famously well known that Africans have the most genetic diversity of human populations, arguably more than all other populations combined (from mtDNA, Y lineages and more recent autosomal studies). There is population structure, Africa did not remain in stasis after the ancestors of non-Africans left ~75,000 years ago. This paper addresses some of the deeper questions about African structure.

Since most Native Americans do not look like people from China but more like the Ket People from Siberia (who look like Africans), it is easy to take for granted the Native Americans are no more than a mixture of the Asiatic and Indigenous people preset in America when they arrived 11,500 years ago.

References

African American and Native History Collide at Arkansas Archeological Site (1, July, 2014). http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/07/01/african-americ...

Aliba. http://al-iba.webs.com/yamassee

Bard of Ely. Were the Washitaw the first Americans and the ancient mound builders? http://bardofely.hubpages.com/hub/The-Washitaw-were-the-first-Ameri...

Christopher Columbus: The Untold Story /cohttp://www.understandingprejudice.org/nativeiqlumbus.htm

Ely, Bert, Wilson, Jamie Lee, Jackson, Fatimah, and Jackson, Bruce A. African-American mitochondrial DNAs often match mtDNAs found in multiple African ethnic groups. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7007/4/34

Imhotep David, Ph.D. (2011). The First Americans Were Africans: Documented Evidence

​Lauber, Almon Wheeler. Indian Slavery in Colonial Times within the Present Limits of the United States. (http://archive.org/stream/indianslavery00laubrich/indianslavery00la...).

Lost Feather. Questions about Indigenous Tribes. http://lostfeather.weebly.com/washitaw.html

Whitaker, Dina Gilio-Whitaker. The Untold History of American Indian Slavery. http://nativeamericanhistory.about.com/od/controversies/a/The-Untol...

Winters, Clyde A. (2010). The Kushite Spread of Haplogroup R1*-M173 from Africa to Eurasia. Retrieved from http://www.maxwellsci.com/print/crjbs/v2-294-299.pdf

http://www.indigenous-americans.com/Determiner-DNA.html

DNA doesn't stay static but you have markers which can trace the mutations and also 10,000 years is enough for changes in their environment and specifically rapid evolutionary changes. This is why we need our DNA tested to other populations to see who we are the closest to.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Ajackson17 leave these lost ? alone if they want to be Japanese martian ninja assassins and everything the ? else just leave them in their ignorance. If they want to believe in pseudoscience and pseudohistory just leave them in their stupidity.

Those of us who know better can only help those with the intelligence to understand unfortunately the rest of the race is going to have to stay lost in darkness
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    [img]http://api.ning.com/files/c3ouOvTy211d511OnH99E8ZPCRV5EBVUbWL6w**jJUMtNfXOYmQQYYgy5RlCejAFPZyKISaDdWGosrdR3VqIYEKlvHYFTG2U/800pxWilliam_? _of_Bath__Portrait_of_Ayuba_Suleiman_Diallo_17011773.jpg?width=750[/img]

Ayuba Suleiman Diallo (1701—1773), also known as Job ben Solomon, was a famous Moor who was a victim of the Atlantic slave trade.

Born in Bundu, Senegal (West Africa), Ayuba's memoirs were published as one of the earliest slave narratives, that is, a first-person account of the slave trade, in Thomas Bluett's Some Memories of the Life of Job, the Son of the Solomon High Priest of Boonda in Africa; Who was enslaved about two Years in Maryland; and afterwards being brought to England, was set free, and sent to his native Land in the Year 1734.

However, this version is not a first-person account. A first hand account of Ayuba's capture and eventual return home can be found in Francis Moore's Travels into the Interior Parts of Africa.

Suleiman learnt English and became a prominent intellectual his transcriptions of the Qu'ran are still preserved in Oxford).

His service to Hans Sloane, the benefactor whose collection began the British museum included organizing the collection of Arabic Manuscripts at the British Museum.

Solomon was in the company of many other prominent people, including the royal family and the Duke and Duchess of Montague which led him into being inducted into the Gentleman's Society of Spalding.

http://murakushsociety.com/profiles/blogs/ayuba-suleiman-diallo-organized-the-collection-of-arabic-manuscri

I knew about Suleiman did he go back to being a slaver

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with all the info being placed in front of you

He like to do that,

Has nothing to do with, his ass getting owned now he wanna throw something out to deflect that his posts are inaccurate as ? ..like we been tried to tell his ass that his information that he was getting from white daddy is pure BS. smh

I'm not getting owned haven't review all of the information. This isn't a fight.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]http://api.ning.com/files/c3ouOvTy211d511OnH99E8ZPCRV5EBVUbWL6w**jJUMtNfXOYmQQYYgy5RlCejAFPZyKISaDdWGosrdR3VqIYEKlvHYFTG2U/800pxWilliam_? _of_Bath__Portrait_of_Ayuba_Suleiman_Diallo_17011773.jpg?width=750[/img]

Ayuba Suleiman Diallo (1701—1773), also known as Job ben Solomon, was a famous Moor who was a victim of the Atlantic slave trade.

Born in Bundu, Senegal (West Africa), Ayuba's memoirs were published as one of the earliest slave narratives, that is, a first-person account of the slave trade, in Thomas Bluett's Some Memories of the Life of Job, the Son of the Solomon High Priest of Boonda in Africa; Who was enslaved about two Years in Maryland; and afterwards being brought to England, was set free, and sent to his native Land in the Year 1734.

However, this version is not a first-person account. A first hand account of Ayuba's capture and eventual return home can be found in Francis Moore's Travels into the Interior Parts of Africa.

Suleiman learnt English and became a prominent intellectual his transcriptions of the Qu'ran are still preserved in Oxford).

His service to Hans Sloane, the benefactor whose collection began the British museum included organizing the collection of Arabic Manuscripts at the British Museum.

Solomon was in the company of many other prominent people, including the royal family and the Duke and Duchess of Montague which led him into being inducted into the Gentleman's Society of Spalding.

http://murakushsociety.com/profiles/blogs/ayuba-suleiman-diallo-organized-the-collection-of-arabic-manuscri

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with all the info being placed in front of you

He like to do that,

Has nothing to do with, his ass getting owned now he wanna throw something out to deflect that his posts are inaccurate as ? ..like we been tried to tell his ass that his information that he was getting from white daddy is pure BS. smh

I'm not getting owned haven't review all of the information. This isn't a fight.

Oh ok,

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    But the Native Americans mated with Africans over here in the Americans in which they migrated here though.

And I could have thought, Africans were the 1st ppl over here in the Americans?

No, they weren't the first and Africans mating with natives is hugely and grossly statement, there is probably 10% if that of Black Americans with native genes.

I call this being owned, when the articles states otherwise, if not all were carrying the traits that were up and down in Africa
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

He like to do that,

So why are you attempting to speak on things that you aren't educated on?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    But the Native Americans mated with Africans over here in the Americans in which they migrated here though.

No, they weren't the first and Africans mating with natives is hugely and grossly statement, there is probably 10% if that of Black Americans with native genes.

I call this being owned, when the articles states otherwise, if not all were carrying the traits that were up and down in Africa

This isn't owned since I didn't do my review. I'll be doing it later on today, just a lot of information to dissect and read and research.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

I bought into that afro eccentric suedo science ? at one point in my life. We are west Africans accept it. That whole Africans were here since ancient times is damn near an excuse to claim that slavery never happened.

None of this post made sense

? of..... you know what? Never mind.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all argue bout everything shut the ? up
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

I bought into that afro eccentric suedo science ? at one point in my life. We are west Africans accept it. That whole Africans were here since ancient times is damn near an excuse to claim that slavery never happened.

None of this post made sense

? of..... you know what? Never mind.

Yeah I'm sure you know better by now

Don't do it to yourself
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    @Ajackson17 leave these lost ? alone if they want to be Japanese martian ninja assassins and everything the ? else just leave them in their ignorance. If they want to believe in pseudoscience and pseudohistory just leave them in their stupidity.

Those of us who know better can only help those with the intelligence to understand unfortunately the rest of the race is going to have to stay lost in darkness

lol ? just give up....this my second time hitting both of yall ? over the head with source after source and yall do nothing but duck and hide....

You a coward and a ? ....I know u a ? in real life because u a ? online...I see your style I see how u get down.

Anyone else who rides with and cosign sucka ? like these you get lumped in the same boat as these coward ? ass ? who run and hide from truth.....not to sure about @Ajackson17 but this ? @zzombie has an agenda....

FROM THE bottom of my heart ? ? you and ? everything associated with you. My agenda is to free the people who look like me from idiots like you. YOU SPREAD lies and confusion among black folks, You don't know who you are so you pathetically claim and cling onto cultures that don't belong to you.

You want to twist history and reality to make every civilization black so that you feel better about your own lack of connection to any culture that existed before slavery. listen in real life you would not say the things you say to me online you ? battyboy
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zombie dont be mad embrace the wisdom
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options

what wisdom??? no disrespect but most of the people talking in this thread fit the low I.Q ill educated stereotype that white supremacy has of black folks.

Do you know how ? stupid and uneducated it is to say something like "ninja culture". This whole threads stems from blacks in the americas having identity issues
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

what wisdom??? no disrespect but most of the people talking in this thread fit the low I.Q ill educated stereotype that white supremacy has of black folks.

Do you know how ? stupid and uneducated it is to say something like "ninja culture". This whole threads stems from blacks in the americas having identity issues

You had no idea that Ninjutsu was a culture in itself. I taught you that in this very thread(you're welcome)

Why are you bringing that back up and thus further embarrassing yourself??
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options

You had no idea that Ninjutsu was a culture in itself. I taught you that in this very thread(you're welcome)

NINJUTSU is a practice it's a martial art the term "ninja" refers to a job title any one could have been a ninja. In real terms there was never a "ninja" culture. the only thing that you have taught me is that sincere ignorance really is as bad as they say YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE COMPLETE AND TOTAL ? idiot and should be ashamed of yourself
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

NINJUTSU is a practice it's a martial art the term "ninja" refers to a job title any one could have been a ninja. In real terms there was never a "ninja" culture. the only thing that you have taught me is that sincere ignorance really is as bad as they say YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE COMPLETE AND TOTAL ? idiot and should be ashamed of yourself

And now you've reduced your entire argument to semantics

"Practice" and "culture" are the exact same thing in this instance simpleton

You really are simple
  • zzombie
    Options

You really are simple

Look ? you are out right ? wrong

A ninja WAS a spy or assassin or mercenary sometimes all these things rolled up into one their was no real distinct
    "ninja culture" in real terms. THE NINJA were just a part of the Japanese culture that already existed saying the ninja had their own real culture is like saying bus drivers have their own real culture the word " ninja" was just a job title
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

You really are simple

Look ? you are out right ? wrong

A ninja WAS a spy or assassin or mercenary sometimes all these things rolled up into one their was no real distinct
    "ninja culture" in real terms. THE NINJA were just a part of the Japanese culture that already existed saying the ninja had their own real culture is like saying bus drivers have their own real culture the word " ninja" was just a job title

Cool
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We are not moors, native americans or descendants of ancient israel.

china was not started by black people neither was ancient Cambodia or Greece and the same thing goes from the meso-american and southern american cultures

Quick question. Are you saying the Moors weren't black or are you saying we as African Americans (descendants from West Africa) are not direct links to the Moors anymore than a South African can claim his heritage to Egypt?
    I read Aristotle's book, The complete Works of Aristotle and he described the Egyptians and the Moors not as brown but black people the color of night.
    However, my cousin's about to marry a girl from Morocco and she looks like the way Latino's on tv look, mixed race/closer to the white side and she claims Moor descent
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »

china was not started by black people neither was ancient Cambodia or Greece and the same thing goes from the meso-american and southern american cultures

Quick question. Are you saying the Moors weren't black or are you saying we as African Americans (descendants from West Africa) are not direct links to the Moors anymore than a South African can claim his heritage to Egypt?
    I read Aristotle's book, The complete Works of Aristotle and he described the Egyptians and the Moors not as brown but black people the color of night.
    However, my cousin's about to marry a girl from Morocco and she looks like the way Latino's on tv look, mixed race/closer to the white side and she claims Moor descent

The Moors that conquered Spain and Sicily were mainly Arab and Berber. The Arabs invaded North Africa before they invaded Europe. Moors specifically refer to Muslims and they came in all shades.
  • zzombie
    Options

The never were "moors" as in one group or race of people that did all this great historical ? , there were people from different ethnic groups some black as night and some Berber looking that were called moors by Europeans. African Americans for the most part do not descend from these so called black moors and quite frankly if anything the ancestors of African Americans were enslaved by these so called moors.

black people in the Americas want to be associated with "the moors" because they are confused the Muslim moors were the greatest traitors in African history and are part of the reason why we were enslaved.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

The never were "moors" as in one group or race of people that did all this great historical ? , there were people from different ethnic groups some black as night and some Berber looking that were called moors by Europeans. African Americans for the most part do not descend from these so called black moors and quite frankly if anything the ancestors of African Americans were enslaved by these so called moors.

black people in the Americas want to be associated with "the moors" because they are confused the Muslim moors were the greatest traitors in African history and are part of the reason why we were enslaved.

Weren't your ancestors slavers too?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Bruh I posted a source that talks about a Moor from Senegal that got captured and sold in the trans atlantic slave trade.....Dark Skinned.

The truth of the matter is that the earlier Moors were dark skinned.....Moors are defined as Berbers and Arabs....google "ancient Berbers" and "ancient Arabs" and look the pics....also the Mandinka is a Arab tribe.....if u want me to hit u wit them sources just let me know....or u can do the research on your own.

Its darkskinned Moors and light skinned Moors.....research the Moors of Mauritania....who also were trafficked in slavery.

You don't have to look that far back. Arabs came from the Yemen area. Those people still have shades of blackness.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

Weren't your ancestors slavers too?

yes and no it's complicated.
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    there needs to be a distinction made between people who were arabized and the actual arabs.