Women on Twitter Turn on Elle Varner because of this IG post

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Can't take Elle seriously since that "we'll date the nice guy in our 30's" comment last year.

Thats what lots of females do though..
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    Our society objectifies body parts!The whole ? world objectifies body parts it normal

No America is pretty unique in that regard

Here "nude is bad" and nudity is regarded as sexual

But you go to most places around the world and its the exact opposite

Just consider how Americans ? about mothers breast feeding in public like the sight of a bare ? is going to cause irreversible blindness ....? is ridiculous

Especially considering how we are constantly bombarded with sexual imagery

The disconnect between violence and nudity is even more disturbing

TV, movies, video games depict ppl dying violently without too many ppl blinking an eye ...but gawd forbid we see a bare ? or ?

Post examples/ evidence that proves that
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our society objectifies body parts!The whole ? world objectifies body parts it normal

Just consider how Americans ? about mothers breast feeding in public like the sight of a bare ? is going to cause irreversible blindness ....? is ridiculous

TV, movies, video games depict ppl dying violently without too many ppl blinking an eye ...but gawd forbid we see a bare ? or ?

Nudity is reguarded as sexual if you got your ass hanging out in a club because you are trying to attract the local "baller" or in this case her not wearing a bra with a shirt on that has a shoulder out.. there is not logical explanation for a high school girl to wear that to class without a bra for nothing other than attention...
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    bruh i think you mean ? in general are not objectified in some societies to some extent i agree. but where else in a modern society can you dress like a ? and want to be respected.
    even in societies that disregard nekkid ? its men look at them as part of what makes a women attractive as mothers of their children. thus the ? are still objectified.
    honestly i cant think of one society where naked women dancing or for that matter fully clothed women are not looked at like somthing to eat. men are supposed to be attracted to those parts. It works in reverse for men.

honest question where is the line between objectifying and attraction to a woman's ass and ?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn thought women were turning Elle on, got excited
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't take Elle seriously since that "we'll date the nice guy in our 30's" comment last year.

Lol, she seriously said that??
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're talking about grade school here. What part of the world is it acceptable to dress like this in grade school?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn thought women were turning Elle on, got excited

Nah, women are turning on Elle
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah that's was some stupid ass ? she said and deserved to be clowned on it. Even though she may come off like a bird she's right on this issue.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    We're talking about grade school here. What part of the world is it acceptable to dress like this in grade school?

Never. Idk about this generation of new age parents & lack of parenting but it seems like it's ok to condone/encourage hoe ? & hoeish behavior. A lot of this garbage starts from home because parents aren't checking what these girls are wearing out of the house beforehand. Then when you have folks speaking up about not being down with this new age of hoe culture, you got ? hoes like Amber Rose talking about don't ? on ? shaming. Like who really gave this broad a platform to speak on?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

bruh i think you mean ? in general are not objectified in some societies to some extent i agree. but where else in a modern society can you dress like a ? and want to be respected.
    even in societies that disregard nekkid ? its men look at them as part of what makes a women attractive as mothers of their children. thus the ? are still objectified.
    honestly i cant think of one society where naked women dancing or for that matter fully clothed women are not looked at like somthing to eat. men are supposed to be attracted to those parts. It works in reverse for men.

honest question where is the line between objectifying and attraction to a woman's ass and ?

in eurpore, certain places around asia nudity isn't this taboo thing

of course you don't have ppl walking the streets nude, but they aren't nearly as fazed or up tight as Americas are about it...same with sex

has a lot to do with america's puritan roots
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Post examples/ evidence that proves that

Nudity is reguarded as sexual if you got your ass hanging out in a club because you are trying to attract the local "baller" or in this case her not wearing a bra with a shirt on that has a shoulder out.. there is not logical explanation for a high school girl to wear that to class without a bra for nothing other than attention...

not to say that she should be able to, but bras can be very uncomfortable sir...I hate em

visible bra lines, straps aren't what's up either

I was interested in your answer to this
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

of course you don't have ppl walking the streets nude, but they aren't nearly as fazed or up tight as Americas are about it...same with sex

America is not Europe or Asia why don't you leftist stop trying to socially engineer america into what you want it to be and by the way most of the more developed Asian countries are conservative as ?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

America is not Europe or Asia why don't you leftist stop trying to socially engineer america into what you want it to be and by the way most of the more developed Asian countries are conservative as ?

I didn't say most of asia

and why wouldn't American want to take cues from countries in certain regards if it can prove to be beneficial

for instance, America has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the developed world, though we are one of the most conservative, i.e. sex ed has been all but fazed out of our public schools, bc is not free, etc
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just let a ? be a ?

Nah, we got to protect our kids as much as we can.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe if our society wasn't so hell bent on objectifying body parts.

At some point, people need to stop blaming society for biological ? . Society didn't make men love ? .
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When y'all have these conversations... you ever consider that we are NOT talking about adults?

These kids will have the majority of their lives to wear what they want. Let the kids be kids.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe if our society wasn't so hell bent on objectifying body parts.

At some point, people need to stop blaming society for biological ? . Society didn't make men love ? .
    I don't even get that, I can't even help it when I see a girl half naked my brain screams ? and I'm a chick and I don't even like girls like that. It's a distraction, for anyone imo.
    Guess I love ? too.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all know it's ok to teach boys AND girls lessons on growing up, right? You don't have to teach one and ignore the other.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/R3656kQ_Djc

smh here she is talking bout dating thugs lol
    dont save her she dont wanna be saved
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tighten up fellas we used to run through thots only to look for "wifey" who was nothing like the thots

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, she made sense. This time......