Better hustler. DJ KAY SLAY or Dj Clue

Options
supergangster
supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in The Reason

Better hustler. DJ KAY SLAY or Dj Clue 33 votes

DJ CLUE
66%
black caesarTrillaaaaaaanduinwater ur seedsgman82MECCA1000Mr.LVBuilt 4 cuban linxOlorun22CashmoneyDuxSolitary Soldierblackgod813Young Stefeastbay510bck145Jack_Moves_LeftyLouis Devinearnatural born sinnersMr 202 22 votes
DJ KAY SLAY
33%
supergangsterdavidbrooksnohiphop1nujerz84gemini86MR BUD_God_TrillfateonetoughmiracleListencloser5 Grand 11 votes

Comments

• supergangster
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    I prefer DJ KAY SLAY over DJ CLUE. Why?

DJ CLUE got cosigned by Rocafella. He had so much help while DJ KAY SLAY is the ultimate hustler.
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    slay still in the game clue not
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    This explains it all

DJ Clue and Kay Slay on air beef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08rS5wIqZY
  • supergangster
    edited June 2016
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    5 Grand wrote: »
    This explains it all

DJ Clue and Kay Slay on air beef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08rS5wIqZY

Yup brother. This is the reason why I made the thread aka I had the video in my mind.

DJ KAY SLAY is the goat according to me.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ CLUE
    Who capitalized more off their skill?..CLUE..had his own label, couple platinum albums, found a rapper (fabolous) he could actually build a successful company on, dude had joe budden n almost had 50 cent at one point, (Kay slay put his label hopes on papoose, yea yea I know bout the million dollar ? n jiving jive..still album never came out while the dude was hot..dude momentum was done by the time it did)... an clue put out what I consider the best compilation cd by a DJ; The Professional...Kay slay the better hustler bc he can yell n talk over people? Pls..come on son!!..as it was stated clue graduated to real COMMERCIAL money, how slay the real hustler?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy giving out hustler of the year awards in 16'
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Clue still got more bread than Slay without making as much noise in the past decade
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ CLUE
    Dj clue is a hip hop icon. A reference point of sorts. I always look at greatness by how many sons you have and clue got a lot of sons.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    True story (at least I think its true).

A friend of a friend went to high school with DJ Clue. He said Clue was always getting punked and beat up and the thugs would take his lunch money and shove him in the lockers or whatever.

So a few years go by and he starts putting his mix tapes together. He started gaining notoriety and pretty soon he's the hottest mixtape DJ in New York. So he shows up to his 5 year high school reunion driving a Benz. Out of everybody in his class he was the one that "made it".
  • supergangster
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    Dj Kay slay still relevant to this day without any big cosigns like Rocafella
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ CLUE
    Then clue freestyle mixtapes are classics
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ CLUE

You talking hustle right? If Rocafella cosigned clue You can't use that against him,he actually hustled his way to a Rocafella cosign.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ CLUE
    Who capitalized more off their skill?..CLUE..had his own label, couple platinum albums, found a rapper (fabolous) he could actually build a successful company on, dude had joe budden n almost had 50 cent at one point, (Kay slay put his label hopes on papoose, yea yea I know bout the million dollar ? n jiving jive..still album never came out while the dude was hot..dude momentum was done by the time it did)... an clue put out what I consider the best compilation cd by a DJ; The Professional...Kay slay the better hustler bc he can yell n talk over people? Pls..come on son!!..as it was stated clue graduated to real COMMERCIAL money, how slay the real hustler?

Dj Envy also came from clue
  • supergangster
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    Mr 202 wrote: »

You talking hustle right? If Rocafella cosigned clue You can't use that against him,he actually hustled his way to a Rocafella cosign.

Thats True both hustlin
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    Kay slay better hustler, clue a better dj
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    Straight Stunntin Magazine/DVD's >>>> Any side Hustle Clue did
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    You guys have gone stark raving mad

Dez a/k/a Kay Slay interview in the early 80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2XaqmcF-Xc

Here's a more recent interview from Kay Slay about his early days in graffiti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUeOD7MHGjg
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    DJ KAY SLAY
    Here's part 2 of the interview. @ 3:50 he starts talking about the mixtape awards. For those that don't know, there was a short period of time between 2000-2005 where mix tapes had made the natural progression from cassette tape to Compact disc. Kay SLay was releasing a mixtape every week and I remember buying them.

In particular there was a series called The Drama Hour. It was a 9 part series. I had about half of them. I'd go to 125th st and buy part 1 and 2 and come back the following week and part 5 was out. Anyway, this guy named Justo (RIP) put together something called the mixtape awards. It was around that time that Kay Slay was killing the streets with mix tapes. He'd always have the new exclusive songs from Jay Z, Nas, 50 Cent, Dipset, D-Block, also Papoose and Saigon freestyles.

Kay SLay Interview part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfVUmosnZ2s
  • 5 Grand
    Options
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ CLUE
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Straight Stunntin Magazine/DVD's >>>> Any side Hustle Clue did

Giving us Fab >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giving us Stunting Magazine/DVDs
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Not related at all, but I remember before games in high school and they would sing the national anthem. ? would be in the student section doin dj clue drops during the pauses in the song. I'd be tryin to be serious for the game but i'd be on the court on the verge of tears. ? doin the ehcoes and all that. All you would hear was "by the twilights last gleaming....clue clue clue clue" Classic ? bruh.... Aight Carry on.

FOF this now!
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ CLUE
    Clue never got bodied on his own ? DJ Paul on Who Gives a ? where you from Now you don 't want no drama boy cause we the the drama kings. Cut to Kay on on the 1' & 2's shaking his head looking unsure like a Makonnen freestyle.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    Kay slay better hustler, clue a better dj

Never heard Kay Slay Dj live but I have heard Clue there is a reason he was hollering on them clue tapes. When I listened to his set his blends was trash.