The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »

There was an even better spot imo when Seth actually performed Shane Helms "Vertebreaker" on Aj Styles. Glorious.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    2 ppvs a month awwwww hell Na man we already have enough.

I miss when ppvs were meant to put a end to a storyline fued
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    That's a shitload of wrestling to commit to. So two weeks a month there will a 3 hour PPV Sunday, 3 hour Raw Monday, and 2 hour Smackdown Tuesday? Plus extra like NXT, Superstars, Main Event.

Yeah, they're just making it easier for people to pick a brand and stick with it.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always hated this own brand ppv ? , really the whole brand split idea is what made me quit watching wrestling from 2003 to 2007. Nobody wants to keep up with all that
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never thought I would see wrestling fans complain about more wrestling . IDK about u guys but my torrent & dvr game is strong . Feed me more wrestling any time
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess it makes sense if they really wanna separate both brands to have brand only ppvs. I'm just waiting to see who complains about not wanting to wait a week to see storylines develop on both shows
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 ppvs a month awwwww hell Na man we already have enough.

I miss when ppvs were meant to put a end to a storyline fued

Yeah they are starting to get stupid with these plans for the draft/brand extension. At some point WWE is going to burn out the audience. We already got 3 hr RAWS then rumors of 3 hr SmackDown? Man just ? chill.
  • willhustle
    Options
    I like the brand extension when it started in 2002 but I got sick of it because of the brand-only ppvs. SmackDown had the worse ppvs during that era.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The wrestlin they already give us is inconsistent, don't add more until u make what u got fully must see, plus 12 ppvs already causes a suffer in storyline development
  • willhustle
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Never thought I would see wrestling fans complain about more wrestling . IDK about u guys but my torrent & dvr game is strong . Feed me more wrestling any time

? I got dvr myself but I'm 34 not 14 anymore. WWE has completely oversaturated the wrestling market now since the network was introduced. We're not in the Monday night wars era where the creative & matches kept you on the edge of your seat.

Raw - 3 hrs
    NXT - 1 hr
    SmackDown - 2 hrs
    Main Event/Superstars - 1 hr each (that nobody watches)

By the time I sit through 3 hrs of Raw & 1hr of NXT I'm done for the week. Tonight I will be watching game 5 so I'm not sitting through 3 hrs of Raw tonight. Also, WWE is going to be in for a rude awakening in Sept/Oct when the NBA/NFL start back up. As the ratings will probably take a serious nose dive like they usually do.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    I like the brand extension when it started in 2002 but I got sick of it because of the brand-only ppvs. SmackDown had the worse ppvs during that era.

The buy rates were terrible for smackdown. I'm just waiting for July 19
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need 8 PPV's

4 for each brand

maybe a "network special" here and there but that's it

let storylines and feuds build up
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    its all about money. same reason Reigns is your champ, Cena was your champ, everybody has a tshirt/other ? to sell, etc. If there is a chance to make more money Vince is hopping on that. And you guys are sitting here worried about the wrestling? its the last thing on Vince's mind, I can tell you that. but nah alot of you loved this brand split ? , so ride with it...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't mind any of this so far. My problem comes with the 2 WHC titles, we don't need that.

If SD is having its own stories they need their own events. The logic follows.

WWE is constantly trying to compete with itself, NXT shows them how it can be done so that will likely be the model they will follow for this brand extension.

I'm sure they learned something from doing it once and ? it up.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Oversaturation, diminished quality.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I'm sure they learned something from doing it once and ? it up.

what in their past tells you that this anywhere near a remote possibility? thats exactly what they dont do, learn from mistakes...
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    WWE has revealed all 32 names competing in the first ever WWE Cruiserweight Classic. As noted, the tournament will be taped throughout the summer beginning on June 23rd:

-Kota Ibushi
    -Tajiri
    -Gran Metalik
    -Zack Sabre Jr.
    -Noam Dar
    -Da Mack
    -Zumbi
    -Clement Petiot
    -Harv Sihra
    -Gurv Sihra
    -Fabian Aichner
    -Brian Kendrick
    -Rich Swann
    -Cedric Alexander
    -Akira Tozawa
    -Jack Gallagher
    -Tony Nese
    -Johnny Gargano
    -Tommaso Ciampa
    -? ? Lun
    -TJ Perkins
    -Drew Gulak
    -Anthony Bennett
    -Tyson Dux
    -Lince Dorado
    -Sean Malura
    -Raul Mendoza
    -Kenneth Johnson
    -Alejandro Saez
    -Damien Slater
    -Ariya Daivari (brother of former WWE star Shawn Daivari)
    -Jason Lee

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/717983-wwe-announces-all-32-wwe-cruiserweight-classic-names#alzcIGUuGls0PTII.99
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    ? can complain all they want yall still watching and coming here making comments about each show at the end of the day. WWE 4 the win once again.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    WWE has revealed all 32 names competing in the first ever WWE Cruiserweight Classic. As noted, the tournament will be taped throughout the summer beginning on June 23rd:

-Kota Ibushi
    -Tajiri
    -Gran Metalik
    -Zack Sabre Jr.
    -Noam Dar
    -Da Mack
    -Zumbi
    -Clement Petiot
    -Harv Sihra
    -Gurv Sihra
    -Fabian Aichner
    -Brian Kendrick
    -Rich Swann
    -Cedric Alexander
    -Akira Tozawa
    -Jack Gallagher
    -Tony Nese
    -Johnny Gargano
    -Tommaso Ciampa
    -? ? Lun
    -TJ Perkins
    -Drew Gulak
    -Anthony Bennett
    -Tyson Dux
    -Lince Dorado
    -Sean Malura
    -Raul Mendoza
    -Kenneth Johnson
    -Alejandro Saez
    -Damien Slater
    -Ariya Daivari (brother of former WWE star Shawn Daivari)
    -Jason Lee

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/717983-wwe-announces-all-32-wwe-cruiserweight-classic-names#alzcIGUuGls0PTII.99

Only saw one name from that list.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    ? can complain all they want yall still watching and coming here making comments about each show at the end of the day. WWE 4 the win once again.

I'm never gonna stop watching wwe. I can admit that. U ever gonna consistently watch it?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gotta dope app on kodi that lets me stream all wrestling ppvs Indies etc
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OHHH ? , ? MACK IN THE TOURNAMENT

? too big to be a cruiserweight but GOAT
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? Tajiri got a spot? Wow. That's awesome. I look forward to Kota Ibushi winning this. He the best on the list.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Ibushi vs. Sabre Jr final would be lit, babyyyyyy.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see Tajiri be sinister again as a stiff working heel, not goofy tajiri