Self-Hate Is An Ugly Thing! Azealia Banks Bleaching Her Skin

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    By jolly, someone please read and answer the question below.
    I remember when Lady Zee was on here always taking shots at Black women here and ? never said ? about it.

Where was the concern for the sisters then? Why y'all ain't check her until you found out she lied and said that the dude beating her was white?

Y'all only laughed and praised her for being an exotic white woman who loved Black men, despite her ? on Black women.

That's an example of your misogynoir and what Black women experience repeatedly.

So when a Black woman lightens her skin to become the very thing that y'all praise, why does it suddenly become a problem?

I would answer the question, but I honestly don't know who in here praises white women like that. Name names.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting for someone to read this and answer this question.
    I remember when Lady Zee was on here always taking shots at Black women here and ? never said ? about it.

Where was the concern for the sisters then? Why y'all ain't check her until you found out she lied and said that the dude beating her was white?

Y'all only laughed and praised her for being an exotic white woman who loved Black men, despite her ? on Black women.

That's an example of your misogynoir and what Black women experience repeatedly.

So when a Black woman lightens her skin to become the very thing that y'all praise, why does it suddenly become a problem?

• Cunt_Lyfe
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If Black women are lightening their skin to become the very thing y'all subconsciously praise, why is this a problem?

This is why I said y'all don't really give a ? about Black women.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    @? _Lyfe @desertrain10

Why am I tagged in this?

Unless the thread is specifically about how misogynoir (hatred of Black women) and colorism is apart of the topic, and how ? admit to their complicity in it.

I wanted to see if you'd defend her or not.

What's your opinion on her calling black women tar babies?

I think it's abusive and an example of how she's internalized anti-Blackness within herself.

However, to ignore the issue of skin-lightening as separate from colorism and misogynoir isn't doing this topic right.

It's black men's fault she clearly hates herself, other black people and wants to be a Dominican? Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying Black men perpetuate colorism regularly, and need to take accountability for it.

1)we do
    2)black women don't even acknowledge their own biases
    3) afaik black men weren't the ones who institutionalized colorism
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Black women are lightening their skin to become the very thing y'all subconsciously praise, why is this a problem?

Again, who is ya'll. Name names because I can't say that I recall many dudes on here at all praising white skin.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? really about to do these backs and forths with ? ? Im bout to treat these next couple pages as filler.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Options
    Lol at everyone pretending like they don't see my post about Lady Zee and her whiteness.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    By jolly, someone please read and answer the question below.

If you read my post on page 4 I already answered that question. I was the one who brought it up. But as a darkskinned man I've never hated on darkskinned women. But I've been hated by em. So it goes hand in hand.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Options
    Still waiting for someone to respond to this.

• Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Lol at everyone pretending like they don't see my post about Lady Zee and her whiteness.

Answered you.

And people were dissing lady zee the same way they are dissing the rest of white women on here.

OB is darkskinned and has won most beautiful countless times against the lightskin women on here.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Still waiting for someone to respond to this.

Do you support bleaching
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Answered you.

And people were dissing lady zee the same way they are dissing the rest of white women on here.

OB is darkskinned and has won most beautiful countless times against the lightskin women on here.

OB is not darkskinwhat?
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    edited June 2016
    Options

Answered you.

This is ? .

People weren't saying ? when Lady Zee was dissing Skylar, Charlie, myself, and other Black women. The only time she started to be dissed in this collective was when she was exposed. Until that time, she was heavily simped by the majority of you for dissing feminism, transgender women, and in particular, Black women posters.

I know this because when she constantly came at me, all y'all did was laugh and praise her white ass for it.

And praising one dark-skinned woman ( or fetishizing her) doesn't take away decades of systematic discrimination against dark-skinned women and colorism that stems from colonialist beauty standards that Black men perpetuate.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Like I said, this "caring" about Black women is a disingenuous ? show.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Answered you.

OB is not darkskinwhat?
    She ain't lightskinned tho, Brown at best. However ? _lyfes's argument is that only the likes of Pico and Lady zee gets love.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    edited June 2016
    Options
    And Beyonce didn't lighten her skin.

That's camera lighting, silly ass ? .
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Answered you.

This is ? .

People weren't saying ? when Lady Zee was dissing Skylar, Charlie, myself, and other Black women. The only time she started to be dissed in this collective was when she was exposed. Until that time, she was heavily simped by the majority of you for dissing feminism, transgender women, and in particular, Black women posters.

I know this because when she constantly came at me, all y'all did was laugh and praise her white ass for it.

And praising one dark-skinned woman ( or fetishizing her) doesn't take away decades of systematic discrimination against dark-skinned women and colorism that stems from colonialist beauty standards that Black men perpetuate.

Well you can't say me. If some ? were cooning then that's on them

As you can see, we are in constant debates with these ? too. We are all not the same.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Options

Answered you.

OB is not darkskinwhat?
    She ain't lightskinned tho, Brown at best. However ? _lyfes's argument is that only the likes of Pico and Lady zee gets love.

My argument with Zee is that if you really cared about the well-being of Black women, you would have checked her for coming at other Black women and ? on them appearance wise. But that would mean that you would actually have to care about Black women in order to do that.

Fetishizing ONE dark-skinned woman doesn't erase a systematic fact that colorism has privileged lighter-skinned women over dark-skinned women in terms of attractiveness.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Answered you.

OB is not darkskinwhat?

Ob is a light brown

I never simped no lady zee so idk what she's on
    Like I said, this "caring" about Black women is a disingenuous ? show.

We got posters here that are married to black women and raising black women but oh yeah niggermes don't care about black women.

White men do tho right ?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

This is why I said y'all don't really give a ? about Black women.

We also want women to drop the draws on sight and be the biggest ? known to man

And when you do, we will not respect you.

Any woman who lives to appease men is pathetic so if thats your barometer you're lost.

You too grown to ask such a silly question
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    regardless of how yall will probably dispute this, that girl is attractive...not even niche attractive but generally attractive. ...theres gonna be pitfalls and doubts regardless of how anyone looks, but a sense of assurdness and validation from your upbringing should eventually reel someone like her back to reality in regards to what were discussing...from mom and dad

something in her household had to plant the seed for this ? to sprout into thesw mess of weeds were lookin at
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    edited June 2016
    Options

Answered you.

This is ? .

Well you can't say me. If some ? were cooning then that's on them

As you can see, we are in constant debates with these ? too. We are all not the same.

So what if it's not you? The fact is that it's rampant here and in society.

White women and lighter-skinned women are given a pedestal to sit on.

And Black men encourage it with demeaning darker-skinned women with hateful jokes and hostility.

So don't be surprised and act like "the sister should have had more self-esteem" when people who perpetuate ? drives them to it.

Lil Kim is more an example of this than Azealia is.