London's mayor has banned 'unrealistic body images' from transport advertising

Options

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How's it unrealistic, it not like she got wings sprouting out her back or something.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    being in shape is not unrealistic or unhealthy

But all women are not a size 2...

And all men are not 6'2 220 lbs..

MORE realistic dont have to mean fat...

Ayesha Curry has a "realistic" body... ? Steph Curry has a "realistic" body type...

Not all ? can be "the rock" and not all females can be "Beyonce"

Think of the females you have ? ...

Those are realistic bodies..
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOW THE ? CAN YOU BAN SUBJECTIVITY!?!?!

And has that ? seen IG there are millions of women who look like that.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Unrealistic body images in modeling comes from ? men fashion designers....but ya'll ain't ? right?

That's the real tea Boo
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree that unrealistic body images are mostly harmful...but definitely not with banning them. ? type of ? is that? Some of y'all don't seem to understand the concept of 'slippery slope'.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    why is anybody surprised that a Muslim mayor wants to ban the exposed female body???

Hilarious
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    This some ? though man. It's funny though as a man you see hyper masculine, super fit buff men on TV, billboards etc all the time

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But what is the benefit of such advertising?

Why are we always so quick want to show off everything we have. Be it our bodies and\or possessions?

What the hell do some of you save for yourselves, your partners and family.

I don't have an issue with this because, I am private person and I am totally ok with every damn thing not being for public consumption.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Also, how you supposed to advertise protein shakes without usin' fit models? This some some ? to appease the Internet feminists, who havr become powerful over recent years
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's a good thing imo because it encourages females to strive for an unrealistic body image. We got women going under the knife legally and illegally because they wanna fit in/look good. Adolescent teenage girls being anorexic and bulimic cause they wanna look like stick thin models or because ONE roll ? help us is the worst thing in the world.

A lot of women are not naturally supposed to look like that cookie cutter image that's gracing ads. While y'all sitting up here fat shaming it's not just fat women/men that are feeling a way about the unnatural standards being shoved down our throats. ? plus size models are considered a size 12 and up when the common size for most women are size 14.

Don't debate me debate your size 14 momma.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    Also, how you supposed to advertise protein shakes without usin' fit models? This some some ? to appease the Internet feminists, who havr become powerful over recent years

Use someone that actually looks like they lift weights like Massy Arias.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    gyno.jpg 232.9K
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    But what is the benefit of such advertising?

Why are we always so quick want to show off everything we have. Be it our bodies and\or possessions?

What the hell do some of you save for yourselves, your partners and family.

I don't have an issue with this because, I am private person and I am totally ok with every damn thing not being for public consumption.

Nothing. I encourage my family and friends to express their individuality. Who the ? wants to be that same as the other 7 billion people on its planet?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those anorexic models are usually trash anyway
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe people are co-signing this, but I guess you new SJW ? are all about BS now. The same mentality that calls for ad bans, is the same one that tried to ban Hip Hop back in the day for offensive language. The same way that they tried to censor Too Live Crew for sexual language.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

By not putting guys like Ulysses and Simeon Panda in the pic?
    No way you think they are natural.
    1gxbkve7e3h9.jpg

Put guys that compete at a natural level.
    Guys that constantly prove they are natty.

Its quite simple.

Ehhh, Ulysses may have used before but over the last few years I can't see him juicing. No size increase. No vascularity increase. I follow him on IG and there hasn't been a significant amount of strength increase either. He could have juiced to build the foundation.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    being in shape is not unrealistic or unhealthy

But all women are not a size 2...

And all men are not 6'2 220 lbs..

MORE realistic dont have to mean fat...

Ayesha Curry has a "realistic" body... ? Steph Curry has a "realistic" body type...

Not all ? can be "the rock" and not all females can be "Beyonce"

Think of the females you have ? ...

Those are realistic bodies..

Those measurements do not define being in shape and healthy
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh you can advertise protein shakes using "fit models" instead of dudes on steroids or women who starve themselves..

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    both good and bad.

like out here, they getting crazy with the strip club adverts.

bad because this has shades of sharia law behind it.
    Am I wrong for giving the side eye to"Saiq Khan "? Seems more than just unrealistic appearances..
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoyPussy wrote: »
    It's a good thing imo because it encourages females to strive for an unrealistic body image. We got women going under the knife legally and illegally because they wanna fit in/look good. Adolescent teenage girls being anorexic and bulimic cause they wanna look like stick thin models or because ONE roll ? help us is the worst thing in the world.

A lot of women are not naturally supposed to look like that cookie cutter image that's gracing ads. While y'all sitting up here fat shaming it's not just fat women/men that are feeling a way about the unnatural standards being shoved down our throats. ? plus size models are considered a size 12 and up when the common size for most women are size 14.

Don't debate me debate your size 14 momma.

Weak minded hoes