Lets address the misogynoirism in Black Community....

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so men as a whole need self reflection..which means men as a whole aint ? or don't care...is that what your saying @obnoxiouslyfresh
    also...you trynna tell me you don't know any man who holds his woman down? or are you just talking about jail?

because from how I grew up...women are supposed to be the better part of a man. now while I will say...unless a man was defending his family or wrongly accussed there should be no reason for him to be in jail to be held down. an if a woman holds her man down in jail, what did he do? what is SHE supporting? if he's out acting wild an not caring, selling weight..why is she with him? what's wrong with her and why would someone like @dwo need to learn and hear about her problems. he's holding down his family and us not in jail but he's lumped into the men as a whole thing... what does he need to self reflect?

I say this to say....not you per se...but I think some of you women need to get out your own way and get out your present surroundings, get a hobby or something. because you are not clearly seeing that there are plenty of men who respect there women and do all they can and hold them down.

it's maybe people see it but don't like they way it looks, so they try to find holes in the vision they see, or dispute it because they don't have it or ignore it.
    even me as a man can say alot of dudes on this site aint about dumb ? ...but guess who a majority of the women interact with?

I heard about ? pics, breast pics, exposures, videos an what not. whos to blame for that? the men who got them and showed them, the women who gave them? the people who hacked a PC to get them? an where is this talk during those times?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    also where is this image or thought of what a man should be coming from?

a woman can not define a man just like a man can not define a woman.
    sometimes conversations like these are like trying to talk to white people about race....they only want you to listen and admit YOUR faults....once you do that...it's nothing else to talk about because you admitted to being wrong.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monster posting by @obnoxiouslyfresh , respect

Monster posting by @Khaleesi ,respect

Whoever said you cant protect what you cant control, that was POWERFUL.

Appreciate all of the black women that did participate. Venting was done, solutions were discussed, points were respectfully debated; real grown and sexy of you family.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

UM... did you post this ? in the wrong thread I don't see how those dusty ass hebrew israelite ? having a cookout are related to the topic at hand

Wrong thread
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I always say look at different African cultures and let's study in how our ancestors held the culture. Men handled the production while women handle the market place. Check the 1929 rebellion in Nigeria. The elders watched the children while the parents work. This gives both black men and women the ability to live up to their potential and gives the elders to educate the youth on their years. This is a good system and check out ibn battuta journey in west Africa. He makes it a point that black women were more free and talking and befriending men not sexually but friends with men they are not related. Showing clear signs our ancestors did not abuse women.

Willie Lynch sure took care of that, didn't he?

Misogyny among Black Men feels like a ? cult sometimes. Frankly I'm shocked this thread has been as civil as it was. I expected 500 replies of "these hoes ain't ? " and a legion of flags & PM ? pics for any female poster that dared to show their face.

Yeah, my opinion of humanity is that low.
    I think if black men were to ever go through a period of self reflection, it would be difficult to deny that as a whole that your treatment of your women has been disappointing.

smh ban this shrill unreasonable woman

Real ? don't do periods of self reflection, b.

Nah, it's good for the ladies to speak out we have a lot of bias towards women and some claims are truly valid while some claims aren't and some are vague.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Purr wrote: »
    Awww @dwo

sup sis..i dont get an aww....

ok now we fighting

Nah.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

objective facts?

I was asked for my OPINION in regards to what I thought could be done to combat/address misogynoir in the blk community? specifically what blk men could do

that said, i believe we live in a society that often seeks to rob women of their agency and perpetuates hatred towards women, particularly those who offends the white, male, patriarchal gaze ...and I gave my opinion as to what I thought should be done about it...

nothing more, nothing less

and actually a lot of what I speak is echoed in the articles @purr posted

if you are referring to my stance on abortion, i'm not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking. people are free to have their own opinions. my point was that, regardless of intent, if we make abortion illegal we would be forcing pregnant women to carry children to term they don't want. and that is effectively stripping away a woman's right to do as she pleases with her reproductive organs. its just that black and white.

i haven't always been on the right side of the aisle, but i like a lot of women would be ok with giving men the right to abort their financial obligations to their child before its conception

then some of the same politicians and contingencies who oppose abortion aren't fans of the pill either. they along with others oppose the idea of birth control and or support the idea that birth control should not be covered by health insurance, arguing its sinful. but what they really mean is women are only meant to be baby receptacles for their husbands. never do they consider that birth control is often times used for a variety of medical conditions not just as a contraceptive

sadly we as a society entertain this garbage. and you know how it hurts the most? women of color

in regards to welfare reform, i was referring to our support of the politicians who were pushing this narrative that it was welfare that created black single mothers. and that there was this large contingent of blk women having tons of babies, only to push their fathers out the home, just to get a welfare check. these single mothers, rather then structural barriers and racism, were the real architects of american ghettos. even today we regurgitate the toxic rhetoric. i bring this up because i believe SOME of the support and this need to see certain women suffer "because they need to be held responsible for their actions" , even if it counterproductive/ means their children will suffer as well, is fueled by self hate and misogyny

which brings me to my next point, i think we need to redefine what it means to be a man. a lot of ppl associate masculinity most with ? , hyper-sexuality, physicality and material wealth. shunning all things feminine. obviously this can be problematic, especially for members of marginalized communities. this can help to explain why women of color are at a greater risk of being abused by an intimate partner. and how most black women murdered are murdered by men and most blk women murdered are nearly always killed by men they know intimately

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't knocking you. I was pointing out that for matters like this, all you guys can do is give opinions. @purr is basically telling us that we can't engage with you guys until we shut up and are educated by you guys. But you can't educate us with your opinions. You have to tell us your opinions on how things can be fixed and allow us to discuss.

As for your opinions, I don't really agree with most of what you say because I feel its very biased and completely misses the male side. It's not that I think that what you're saying is unreasonable. I don't. I just think that there needs to be a back and forth in order to get to a solution. That's how you solve problems. You don't tell one side to shut up and acquiesce.

But yeah society sets up stupid contradictions. I'm not outright against abortion but I'm not a fan of it. That said anyone who is outright against abortion but also against contraception is an idiot. And not allowing birth control to be put on insurance hurts men too. After all, there might not be nearly as many dudes with their pockets being drained if women could have that kind of access to birth control.

Lastly, I'd agree that we need to be more mindful of what we teach men. The hypersexuality and overagression hurts us just as much as it hurts you. However, some of you are going overboard. As men, we should be strong and we shouldn't be forced to embrace femininity in ourselves. The education system is already trying to redefine how boys are raised and taught. It's stamping out everything that benefits boys and pushing what is beneficial to girls. The results of that pretty much across the board is that boys are falling behind in school and no longer thriving. That's why you see all the initiatives to get schools for boys. It's not because people are against girls. It's because society is trying so hard to overcorrect for the injustices shown towards women that it's hurting boys. You feminists don't see that because you don't care about that. It doesn't fit your agenda, and you'd never see it without active discourse with men.

Considering misogynoir is often used to describe prejudice experienced by blk women in a range of contexts, who is best to share their experiences and help people understand than blk women

That said, what I think @purr was making the point that if we are going to have a healthy discussion in terms of solutions participants should first have an understanding of what it means to be a blk woman

Biased how? We are discussing misogynoir, obviously my posts are going to centered on the experiences and plight of blk women

And yes, not allowing birth control to be put on insurance hurts men too. Doesn't make it any less an assault on women

Sexism, patriarchy, gender roles hurts both men and women to varying degrees

For ex, some like to argue society doesn't hold women accountable for their actions to the same effect as men. But then again, I could argue women's actions are considered less affective, less meaningful and less significant than male actions. So while women may get a collective pass when it comes to certain offenses, we also get collectively passed over when it comes to promotion to jobs with real authority and power

In regards to dropout and graduation rates, grades, and many test scores that show boys faring poorly compared to girls, I would contend
    ingrained sexism and gender roles is hampering schooling for both boys and girls. Studies show biased teachers are steering girls away from STEM which could potentiallylimit a woman's career opportunities and earnings in the future. I believe the attainment gap has more to do with factors outside the school house considering middle to low income boys and boys of color are far more likely to fall behind their female counterparts. boys seem to be more sensitive than girls to disadvantage. any disadvantage, like growing up in poverty or and in a bad neighborhood.

Same as ingrained sexism and gender roles continue to hurt both men and women, so does misogyny

Misogyny, the hatred, ridicule, and fear of femininity, can structure male experience as much as female experience. In some ways, in fact, misogyny can be even more restrictive for men than for women. I think it's a big reason why men commit suicide more frequently than women, even though women typically have higher rates of mental health disorders like depression. Men are discouraged from doing things that could possible help them to cope with the pressures of life like discussing their emotions and fears with others because it's feminine

Good points.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Purr I read 3 or 4 of the links you posted in the other thread. I have to admit I don't agree with everything said in those links. But yesterday I was reading an article on the Huffington Post and I had my "ah hah" moment like this is some of the stuff they are talking about.

When I got to the bolded below sentence in the article the light went off cause I saw this after reading the links you posted. Without reading those links I wouldn't have put it together like that just from reading what you and ? were posting.
    “I think there’s a race and a class issue, in addition to a sexism issue,” Goldberg told HuffPost.

Here is the rest of the article ? up story by the way!!!

NYC Schools Suspended Sexual Assault Victims Because They’re Black: Attorney

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nyc-schools-sexual-assault-victims_us_575ebf51e4b00f97fba8d405?ir=Black+Voices&section=us_black-voices&utm_hp_ref=black-voices
  • Purr
    edited June 2016
    Options

objective facts?

I was asked for my OPINION in regards to what I thought could be done to combat/address misogynoir in the blk community? specifically what blk men could do

that said, i believe we live in a society that often seeks to rob women of their agency and perpetuates hatred towards women, particularly those who offends the white, male, patriarchal gaze ...and I gave my opinion as to what I thought should be done about it...

nothing more, nothing less

and actually a lot of what I speak is echoed in the articles @purr posted

if you are referring to my stance on abortion, i'm not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking. people are free to have their own opinions. my point was that, regardless of intent, if we make abortion illegal we would be forcing pregnant women to carry children to term they don't want. and that is effectively stripping away a woman's right to do as she pleases with her reproductive organs. its just that black and white.

i haven't always been on the right side of the aisle, but i like a lot of women would be ok with giving men the right to abort their financial obligations to their child before its conception

then some of the same politicians and contingencies who oppose abortion aren't fans of the pill either. they along with others oppose the idea of birth control and or support the idea that birth control should not be covered by health insurance, arguing its sinful. but what they really mean is women are only meant to be baby receptacles for their husbands. never do they consider that birth control is often times used for a variety of medical conditions not just as a contraceptive

sadly we as a society entertain this garbage. and you know how it hurts the most? women of color

in regards to welfare reform, i was referring to our support of the politicians who were pushing this narrative that it was welfare that created black single mothers. and that there was this large contingent of blk women having tons of babies, only to push their fathers out the home, just to get a welfare check. these single mothers, rather then structural barriers and racism, were the real architects of american ghettos. even today we regurgitate the toxic rhetoric. i bring this up because i believe SOME of the support and this need to see certain women suffer "because they need to be held responsible for their actions" , even if it counterproductive/ means their children will suffer as well, is fueled by self hate and misogyny

which brings me to my next point, i think we need to redefine what it means to be a man. a lot of ppl associate masculinity most with ? , hyper-sexuality, physicality and material wealth. shunning all things feminine. obviously this can be problematic, especially for members of marginalized communities. this can help to explain why women of color are at a greater risk of being abused by an intimate partner. and how most black women murdered are murdered by men and most blk women murdered are nearly always killed by men they know intimately

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't knocking you. I was pointing out that for matters like this, all you guys can do is give opinions. @purr is basically telling us that we can't engage with you guys until we shut up and are educated by you guys. But you can't educate us with your opinions. You have to tell us your opinions on how things can be fixed and allow us to discuss.

As for your opinions, I don't really agree with most of what you say because I feel its very biased and completely misses the male side. It's not that I think that what you're saying is unreasonable. I don't. I just think that there needs to be a back and forth in order to get to a solution. That's how you solve problems. You don't tell one side to shut up and acquiesce.

But yeah society sets up stupid contradictions. I'm not outright against abortion but I'm not a fan of it. That said anyone who is outright against abortion but also against contraception is an idiot. And not allowing birth control to be put on insurance hurts men too. After all, there might not be nearly as many dudes with their pockets being drained if women could have that kind of access to birth control.

Lastly, I'd agree that we need to be more mindful of what we teach men. The hypersexuality and overagression hurts us just as much as it hurts you. However, some of you are going overboard. As men, we should be strong and we shouldn't be forced to embrace femininity in ourselves. The education system is already trying to redefine how boys are raised and taught. It's stamping out everything that benefits boys and pushing what is beneficial to girls. The results of that pretty much across the board is that boys are falling behind in school and no longer thriving. That's why you see all the initiatives to get schools for boys. It's not because people are against girls. It's because society is trying so hard to overcorrect for the injustices shown towards women that it's hurting boys. You feminists don't see that because you don't care about that. It doesn't fit your agenda, and you'd never see it without active discourse with men.

My agency as a black woman is not an opinion.

My blackness as a woman is not an opinion.

My experience on sexism and racism as a black woman is not an opinion.

Think on these sentences.

How can you learn about misogynoir without the representation of a black woman?

Think on this on this sentence.

All I am asking for is respect by listening and trying to understand me, a black woman, without my voice being trampled on or debated.

This is most likely yall first experience with the term misogynoir. Your first time hearing about intersectionality. Your first time hearing that black men have male privilege. Your first time hearing black women -- speak.

Listen....and understand me.

I have never blamed all black men for misogynoir. I only spoke on the knowledge/power structure created by stuart hall, a black man. And i spoke about the gaze in the terms of a white male christian patriarchal perspective, which hurts BOTH black men and women; however, by the agency of male privilege, black men uses the white male christian patriarchal gaze on black women. Yet, this male privilege disappears when white women or othe NBPOC (Non-Black Person of Color) are involved with black men.

For example, based on a white woman's word of being ? by a black man, she is going to be believed more than the black man, if he is innocent. Her white womanhood is privileged and valued more than his blackness.

Think on these on this paragraphs.

Here are some links and academic sources to learn more. We are helping you learn how to deconstruct the learning of sexism that was taught to you by the way of white supremacy.

http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.jstor.org/stable/1229039&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiS2d-YzKzNAhUNzmMKHVlLDeQQFghIMAk&sig2=4ly6yF0qcSfgR1MnzLJVlQ&usg=AFQjCNGWUD1zW-4mlTcJQJt7LbM9GNhAGw

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1229039?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
    Crenshaw, K. (1991). Mapping the Margins: Intersectionality, Identity Politics, and Violence against Women of Color. Stanford Law Review, 43(6), 1241-1299. doi:1. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/1229039 doi:1

https://law.ucla.edu/faculty/faculty-profiles/kimberle-w-crenshaw/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in-theory/wp/2015/09/24/why-intersectionality-cant-wait/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ROwquxC_Gxc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-DW4HLgYPlA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0TFy4zRsItY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwERW_7JOw0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UIty2OjpwMs
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some very good posts in here. My thoughts on the topic are:

1. I really don't see everyday examples of what this whole gripe is about. What I see are examples of disrespect and it goes both ways. For every black man you see disrespecting a sista, you see a sista disrespecting a black man. Arguing who's at fault is some chicken or the egg stuff

2. Our women need to get off that feminist ? . It was never ever (ever ever) designed with them in mind. White women were ? at how they were treated by their white husbands, with the crux of the issue being they were tired of getting ? on in their own homes (their husbands sleeping with the slaves, their children being more attached to their slave nanny than them. Having no say so in voting etc). Black men were in no position to do this kind of ? to their women. At the end of the day, all the black man and woman had was each other, why would brothas mess that up? The proof is in how hard the racist establishment worked to break the families up. During the women's suffrage, white women recruited black women for their numbers. They wouldn't even allow them to march alongside or attend their gatherings. The black women had to march and meet separately. How the ? is that some women unity ? ?

3. I find it hella ironic that women are discussing the idea of "what it means to be a man" yet they don't want anybody telling them ? at all. A woman can't tell a man how to be a man anymore than a man can do the same to a woman. That ? is about men hating women trying to control and manipulate the black man. The 90's was a huge turning point in how our women viewed us. Day in and day out they were told we weren't ? and were subliminally given the message that they don't need us. Some actually latched on to that idea

4. Brothas do need to respect our sistas and protect them. That has to coincide with the actions of our sistas though. In other words, the same sistas on that black men need to respect us stuff, need to condemn the amber rose's of our community who over sexualize themselves for attention. Respect and protection comes with how you respect and protect yourself first. Can't have it both ways.
  • Purr
    Options
    This is not necessarily about respect, but recognizing black womanhood as an agency.
    Recognize, actively listen and understand us -- black women.

We are not monolithic people and that is disrespectful to all black people, including cisgender, transfolk, LGBTQ people.

We are a dynamic group of people, we are unique, caring, jubilant, musical, thoughtful, and beautiful people.

But we cannot express our culture or expect freedom, if we all aint free or freely uses devices or be agents of white supremacy to our own people.

• Purr
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    @Purr I read 3 or 4 of the links you posted in the other thread. I have to admit I don't agree with everything said in those links. But yesterday I was reading an article on the Huffington Post and I had my "ah hah" moment like this is some of the stuff they are talking about.

When I got to the bolded below sentence in the article the light went off cause I saw this after reading the links you posted. Without reading those links I wouldn't have put it together like that just from reading what you and ? were posting.
    “I think there’s a race and a class issue, in addition to a sexism issue,” Goldberg told HuffPost.

Here is the rest of the article ? up story by the way!!!

NYC Schools Suspended Sexual Assault Victims Because They’re Black: Attorney

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nyc-schools-sexual-assault-victims_us_575ebf51e4b00f97fba8d405?ir=Black+Voices&section=us_black-voices&utm_hp_ref=black-voices

Thank you.

I read that article already. It's sooo many to post. But im glad that youre understanding me. Especially, hearing my voice.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was actually a great thread.......1st time I read all of the pages in a long ass thread

I have to admit that I learned something on the IC because of this thread........I had never heard of the term misogynoir before

and most people know based off of my posts that I generally don't support feminist ideology/platforms, but I think black men def have to acknowledge that misogynoir is a real issue that exists........black women should get more support/protection from black men

perfect example is how police officers just roughly manhandle our women/children because they aren't regarded as living beings of value.........ie. no way would a cop get away with bodyslamming a blonde hair-blue eyed girl out of a school desk, or arresting her face down in the grass in a bikini, or unlawfully arresting/killing a white girl without some real changes being made and people being held accountable

on a separate note as a black father to a black girl, women's issues become more and more relevant to me as my daughter ages........so even tho I am skeptical of many feminist complaints, I do acknowledge that some are a valid and necessary because in many cases women do need that extra protection/support

I think the best way to address these issues is to focus on accountability.......mainly we should focus on what we are leaving for the next generation coming up.......I still see too many instances where we are so focused on being progressive that we forget some of the valuable lessons that sustained our folks in more conservative times

many posters made great points.......but I think we all have to consider what we do as individuals to benefit our own community each and every day.......every day u should be doing something to help ur own

in the context of this thread, what have I done to help a black woman/girl today? if I can't genuinely answer that thread before I go to sleep at night, then yes I have to acknowledge that I might be guilty of misogynoir myself

bruh this is exactly how i feel....

some people are just better at articulating their thoughts than others.....and i read this nodding my head in 100% agreement
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is not necessarily about respect, but recognizing black womanhood as an agency.

We are not monolithic people and that is disrespectful to all black people, including cisgender, transfolk, LGBTQ people.

We are a dynamic group of people, we are unique, caring, jubilant, musical, thoughtful, and beautiful people.

But we cannot express our culture or expect freedom, if we all aint free or freely uses devices or be agents of white supremacy to our own people.

I can rock with that. To me, that makes up respect but I get what you're saying.
  • Dupac
    Options
    chuck be dropping links and have my broswer flooded
  • Purr
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

Lmao @dwo

I had to unlearn a lot. I actually have my minor in black studies with a focus on gender.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »

1. I really don't see everyday examples of what this whole gripe is about. What I see are examples of disrespect and it goes both ways. For every black man you see disrespecting a sista, you see a sista disrespecting a black man. Arguing who's at fault is some chicken or the egg stuff

2. Our women need to get off that feminist ? . It was never ever (ever ever) designed with them in mind. White women were ? at how they were treated by their white husbands, with the crux of the issue being they were tired of getting ? on in their own homes (their husbands sleeping with the slaves, their children being more attached to their slave nanny than them. Having no say so in voting etc). Black men were in no position to do this kind of ? to their women. At the end of the day, all the black man and woman had was each other, why would brothas mess that up? The proof is in how hard the racist establishment worked to break the families up. During the women's suffrage, white women recruited black women for their numbers. They wouldn't even allow them to march alongside or attend their gatherings. The black women had to march and meet separately. How the ? is that some women unity ? ?

3. I find it hella ironic that women are discussing the idea of "what it means to be a man" yet they don't want anybody telling them ? at all. A woman can't tell a man how to be a man anymore than a man can do the same to a woman. That ? is about men hating women trying to control and manipulate the black man. The 90's was a huge turning point in how our women viewed us. Day in and day out they were told we weren't ? and were subliminally given the message that they don't need us. Some actually latched on to that idea

4. Brothas do need to respect our sistas and protect them. That has to coincide with the actions of our sistas though. In other words, the same sistas on that black men need to respect us stuff, need to condemn the amber rose's of our community who over sexualize themselves for attention. Respect and protection comes with how you respect and protect yourself first. Can't have it both ways.

You know whats ? up about the bold? It's the fact that Amber Rose is not black at all. Yet with all the ain't ? stuff this ? does she is viewed as black because she has been on the arm and in the bed of some famous black people. This is the leniage she comes from "Her father is of Irish and Italian descent and her mother is of Cape Verdean and Scottish descent." Ain't ? black about it!!!!

Amber Rose Suggests Some Family Didn't Attend Her Wedding to Wiz Khalifa Because He's African American

"With my family, they feel like they're more superior or better than an African American because we're Creole and we have culture and that's something I battle with most of my life," she explained in a sneak peek of Light Girls airing Monday night. "It's more of the older people in my family."

We as black people gotta stop accepting ? like this.
  • Dupac
    Options

Lmao @dwo

I had to unlearn a lot. I actually have my minor in black studies with a focus on gender.

it's by far one of the most interesting subjects that i've ever read...

i ain't gonna front being a black man trying to learn more and assist with the issue almost feels like how white people who genuinely think racism and white privilege is wrong and want to help end that as well......

i'm just gonna keep the learning process open, and do my best to be and act mindful of it moving forward
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

on another note white feminists hate blackmen and try to be divisive amongst us , in their media propaganda.

/Thread
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You know whats ? up about the bold? It's the fact that Amber Rose is not black at all. Yet with all the ain't ? stuff this ? does she is viewed as black because she has been on the arm and in the bed of some famous black people. This is the leniage she comes from "Her father is of Irish and Italian descent and her mother is of Cape Verdean and Scottish descent." Ain't ? black about it!!!!

Amber Rose Suggests Some Family Didn't Attend Her Wedding to Wiz Khalifa Because He's African American

"With my family, they feel like they're more superior or better than an African American because we're Creole and we have culture and that's something I battle with most of my life," she explained in a sneak peek of Light Girls airing Monday night. "It's more of the older people in my family."

Black feminists love white folks b
  • Purr
    Options

Lmao @dwo

it's by far one of the most interesting subjects that i've ever read...

i ain't gonna front being a black man trying to learn more and assist with the issue almost feels like how white people who genuinely think racism and white privilege is wrong and want to help end that as well......

i'm just gonna keep the learning process open, and do my best to be and act mindful of it moving forward

Awww @dwo
    It takes a lot to learn and it takes time.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

This is all I wanted to know to understand.

So that's what she is talking about freedom to express themselves.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Black feminists love white folks b

They're the foot soldiers of white supremacy. Any black woman that claims to be a feminist, their opinions can't be taken seriously.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I'm in the Womanism/Feminism forum on Lipstick Alley. There is a ton of ? in here.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/forumdisplay.php/446-The-LSA-Womanist-Feminist-Forum