Should kids be allowed to see their fathers in prison on father's day?

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Thoughts?

Should kids be allowed to see their fathers in prison on father's day? 50 votes

Yes
88%
Dupacgorilladwade206damnkpMsSouthernaneed123jonobigduece69rip.dillababelipsssStewkzzlmryounggunillestni99ainneCapitalBWill MunnyLPastIdiopathic Jokergdatruth2.0Cain 44 votes
No
12%
bambu2stepz_aheadNCswagAjackson17Maximus Rexsilverfoxx 6 votes

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    i dont think so......unless he was protecting his family or got a raw deal..

other than that..keep the kids home an dont allow them to be comfortable with that type lifestyle
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allowed? Yes.

Should they? Depends on the circumstances.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    No, it's too destructive of an image.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    ITS UP TO THE PARENT(S)

WHEN TI WAS IN JAIL, HE DIDNT WANT HIS KIDS TO COME UP THERE AND SEE HIM, CAUSE HE WAS ONLY SERVING A YEAR... BUT IF YOU'RE IN THERE FOR A MUCH LONGER TIME, YEAH, WHY NOT?
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I would think having no dad is worse than a jail dad. Should people pretend he's not in jail?

Exception: No visits if he's locked up for abusing his own kids. Anything else the answer is yes.
  • Dupac
    Options
    Yes
    OK i see both sides of the coin..

I completely understand not wanting to expose kids to that lifestyle.... But if a family wants to support but each other and stay together through these times they should be able to...

Father's day be the busiest holiday at the jails
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Are they currently not allowed ?
  • Dupac
    Options
    Yes
    Also that could send as strong as message to the kids as to where they could end up if they live recklessly
  • Dupac
    Options
    Yes
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Are they currently not allowed ?

Naw it's the busiest visit day, yet a lot of people think it's wrong
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Shiiit.

When I was locked up, I told my baby moms, "you better not bring my daughter to come see me while I'm in "college."

She already has seen me with the "silver bracelets" on.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    This country - ESPECIALLY the justice system - is really ? at breaking up families. Especially black families. Let them babies visit their father so they can try maintain the relationship. Last things you want is a ? getting out after a decade and not having his kids as a part of his support system and not having a real reason to not go back because his kids don't ? with him.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No
    ? should have thought about their kids before getting locked up.....

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Absolutely. The one issue I see is prisons and jails try to keep vistations at a controllable level so you'd have to do it on saturdays and mondays to accomodate all eligible inmates.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Yes
    bambu wrote: »
    ? should have though about their kids before getting locked up.....

And this is the mentality that ? everything up. SMH.
  • bambu
    Options
    No
    mryounggun wrote: »

? everything up? ???

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    Yes they should be allowed. He is still their dad

depending on the severity of the crime, it should weigh in on how often and how the actailly visits occur

People make stupid mistakes and a child shouldn't have to suffer because of it
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes a child should be able to see their father/mother on any visiting they possibly can.

Thing is though the parents especially the incarcerated parent needs to understand. They can never raise their child from a visiting room or phone calls.
  • Dupac
    Options
    Yes

i mean what if they're just limited in their ways of making money?

a lot of people turn to crime, because that's all they know....in their minds they truly believe they're doing it for their kids....

some people just have an err in judgement....someone could hurt my child and i could lose it and hurt them in return, and then find myself in jail...

now i'm not saying that all jailed inmates are there for a noble cause, but when a person flat out says no....they are saying something along those lines....

there has to be an exception that you can agree with
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    It should be an option.....could be good or bad depending on the situation but it should be up to the parents
  • bambu
    Options
    No
    DWO wrote: »

a lot of people turn to crime, because that's all they know....in their minds they truly believe they're doing it for their kids....

some people just have an err in judgement....someone could hurt my child and i could lose it and hurt them in return, and then find myself in jail...

now i'm not saying that all jailed inmates are there for a noble cause, but when a person flat out says no....they are saying something along those lines....

What is a visitation gonna do.....

A man has to have a presence in the household....

Me coming to see you and putting money on your books ain't gonna show me how to be a man....

I know the system is ? . ....

However, everybody got choices... ...

I used to dabble with a lifestyle that could land me in jail, but changed direction in large part because of my children. ....

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    This country - ESPECIALLY the justice system - is really ? at breaking up families. Especially black families. Let them babies visit their father so they can try maintain the relationship. Last things you want is a ? getting out after a decade and not having his kids as a part of his support system and not having a real reason to not go back because his kids don't ? with him.

How about simply not wanting to be in prison is reason enough to not go back
  • Dupac
    Options
    Yes
    DWO wrote: »

What is a visitation gonna do.....

A man has to have a presence in the household....

Me coming to see you and putting money on your books ain't gonna show me how to be a man....

I know the system is ? . ....

However, everybody got choices... ...

I used to dabble with a lifestyle that could land me in jail, but changed direction in large part because of my children. ....

same here, and i have no intentions of being in prison for anything....however i'm black in america, and sometimes that alone is a reason
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Yes
    blackrain wrote: »

How about simply not wanting to be in prison is reason enough to not go back

In theory that makes sense. Unfortunately we don't live in the theoretical world.

? everything up? ???

Yes. Next question.