AggyAF wrote: »
    Purr wrote: »
    I agree with @? _Lyfe.

On what exactly? @Purr?

Everything.

Black ? made Azaela banks nbldach?

Youre an idiot.

Colorism that has began with slavery that is deep rooted within the black community is the problem of her lightening her skin. Are black men as a whole are the problem of her cause? No. But, some black men may have been the cause of her wanting to lighten herself to been seen more feminine.

When u was talking down on dark skin men . Where was these other blk women posters at to defend me? Why were they silent?
    is it because, all blk women hate dark skinned men?
    Im discriminated against. All the rnb ? are light skinned.
    I feel ashamed to be dark...
    Since no blk women stood up for me.... i brought me a large bottle of clorox creme....
    Now i look like ashy larry :'( ... all because of u.
    Im a victim of misogynoir Hoenoir.

lmao......
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    I think it's interesting how y'all also assume a Black woman coming at you with legit criticism is a troll instead of taking it seriously, since y'all claim that you're sensitive to Black women and allies. Part of being an ally is good listening to criticisms, but y'all can't even do that correctly.

You wanted examples of misogynoir?

There's another example right there.

but you do the same thing... someone disagrees and you swing the Conan sword at their necks...

you have to understand when you make a bold aggressive statement that many people disagree with....the most natural reaction you're going to get is one of complete dismissal...you in turn take offense to the dismissal and come back firirng...

and instead of talking about anything, ? argue for like 25 pages with heavy trolling in between.....

you're smart as hell, highly opinionated, and very well spoken....and you're clearly passionately invested into your arguments....but everything doesn't have to be phrased in the most confrontational tone imaginable....you be ready to fight before anyone even has a chance to respond....

you make very valid arguments...even if i completely disagree, your argument is still very valid, and i would like to talk about it....but i ain't tryna fight you...

maybe over in the donkey... but imma atleast try to be serious in the gns

It does have to be confrontational because dudes make it that way when they don't listen and get defensive. If every dude had responded like Blacktux, we wouldn't be here.

but does that approach work towards a solution...?? are you interested in a solution?

if you're going to come off as confrontational... why do you completely reject confrontational posts that come back at you?

i'm coming humble at you cuz i want to have the conversation, and you're responding well..... but if i matched your energy you would disregard my posts and nothing would be accomplished... but a further divide like koncept said in that great post that you said you only read 2 sentences of....

I've tried talking to you all reasonably, and you still don't listen. Confrontation is the only thing y'all understand on here.

Also, don't expect oppressed people to "educate" you calmly. That's privilege.

But you're not educating anyone.

That's because you all can't see past your egos and do self-reflection.

To be honest, I gave up on some of y'all a long time ago.

Ego creates a condition where a person believes them self to always be on the side of right.
    Ego will prevent a person from hearing the next man over the sound of their own voice.
    Ego keeps one believing that they're actions or words are always just, ignoring the devastation left in their wake.

Ego, Miss Lyfe, is what you demonstrate over and over. Your unwillingness to even consider anyone opinion outside of your own is your ego. Your unwillingness to budge even in the face of evidence contrary to your belief is your own ego at work. Your ego, my dear, is at the center of every gross exaggeration and accusation you level at Black men. At no point in time are you willing to do any sort of self reflection, at no point do you ever consider that you just might be wrong, especially when you have cats on here telling you that you're wrong about them.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    The thing is that black men do not see intersectional issues that black women goes through on a daily on sexism, racism and internal prejudice. Because black men do have an advantage -- they are not a woman; specifically, a black woman.

Black women are constantly disrespected, discarded,abused verbally and physically, sexually harassed, ? , killed, beat, being called a ? , spat on, seen as masculine, loud, obtuse, negative and intellectually not "qualified" but intellectual property is always stolen.

When you all are ready to listen about misogynoir, not comment on it or say "I appreciate all black women" (because that is a sign of deflection and placing a bandaid on the problem); then we can a small chance to heal from the wounds of slavery.

How can you debate someone whos expressing their feeling of being oppressed?

Like....?

The problem is you cannot put on evert person that they are the sole problem. I can't save every black woman that's not feasible. I can't stop every man that is sexist but what I can do is help within my reach and that's all the men are saying
    Its realistic. The problem is that men unless trained as psychologists how can we even hope to heal you.

Do you want us to say sorry? Do you want us to ? every colorist dude? In how to protect you and make sure you are desired. Its like we are left with a big ball of mess and don't know how to how to unroll it to find a proper solution and on top of it we are attacked trying to unroll it. As someone on the Autism spectrum its difficult to understand such emotion.

Lmao.

You dont get it.

You are being dismissive.

Maybe i shouldve said white men and this wouldn't feel sooo personal to you.

What? I'm confused....

See I'm trying to get a better understanding and maybe I'm not meant to understand. We know there is sexism, racism, and all of that I just want to get to the root of it. When you do a math equation you get to the root of it.

human beings are too complex our behaviors cannot be reduced to simple math equations we can really only look to human history as our guide in showing us how males and females behave under certain social conditions.

Mathematics is the universe language nothing escapes mathematics even verbal language your movement your patterns and etc. You are basically a mathematical equation.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By a show of GOATS, how many of you ? would check that dude on his colorist ? ?

Great way of getting cheap GOATS

Anyway this thread doing #'s
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I love black women.......I treat them with nothing but love and respect.....this is my input in this thread....back to lurking and laughing

Off-topic, I saw you saying nothing while dudes were making "? " jokes about transgender women. Please go back to lurking.

when did this occur? and why was I there?

And what does trannys have to do with defending black WOMEN.

go ahead I'll wait.

Transgender women are women, you transphobic ? . Black transgender women are killed by ? like you who deny their right to exist as they are. You've already made an ass out of yourself in this thread, don't expose yourself to be a violent essentialist, too. Y'all are so lucky you can talk all this ? behind a computer instead of being on the street.

Can Bruce Jenner give birth? Would he get periods if he wasn't past menopause? Does he have eggs? Estrogen that naturally builds in his body?

No he doesn't. I declare today that I'm Chinese. And you can't do ? about it.

And don't call me a ? , you ? .

I ASKED YOU A NORMAL ? QUESTION AND YOU WENT TO ATTACK!

I don't have anything against ? or trans people. But I'm sure you want me to. Because that would fill your fantasy that all black men are the same and we hate ? . Right!????

Now get ? outta my site you faux feminist.

And by the way..where are your home girls when you out here calling me a ? ?? Didn't think so hypocrite

Didn't read, but I'm sure it's some violent, colonialist, transphobic ? that white supremacy taught you.

Not once did I say something transphobic. But you are transphobic yourself and that's why you expect me to be.

Proving my exact point in what I wrote to you.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I missed 500 posts yet i dont feel like ive missed anything
    Im slapping any ? using the word "misogynoir" around me in public tho
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    I agree with @? _Lyfe.

On what exactly? @Purr?

Everything.

Black ? made Azaela banks nbldach?

Youre an idiot.

Colorism that has began with slavery that is deep rooted within the black community is the problem of her lightening her skin. Are black men as a whole are the problem of her cause? No. But, some black men may have been the cause of her wanting to lighten herself to been seen more feminine.

When u was talking down on dark skin men . Where was these other blk women posters at to defend me? Why were they silent?
    is it because, all blk women hate dark skinned men?
    Im discriminated against. All the rnb ? are light skinned.
    I feel ashamed to be dark...
    Since no blk women stood up for me.... i brought me a large bottle of clorox creme....
    Now i look like ashy larry :'( ... all because of u.
    Im a victim of misogynoir Hoenoir.

Oh.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is that black men do not see intersectional issues that black women goes through on a daily on sexism, racism and internal prejudice. Because black men do have an advantage -- they are not a woman; specifically, a black woman.

Black women are constantly disrespected, discarded,abused verbally and physically, sexually harassed, ? , killed, beat, being called a ? , spat on, seen as masculine, loud, obtuse, negative and intellectually not "qualified" but intellectual property is always stolen.

When you all are ready to listen about misogynoir, not comment on it or say "I appreciate all black women" (because that is a sign of deflection and placing a bandaid on the problem); then we can a small chance to heal from the wounds of slavery.

How can you debate someone whos expressing their feeling of being oppressed?

Like....?

because it's natural to feel defensive towards something you strongly feel you're innocent of.....

look at the bold.....

those accumulation of charges are devastating. and if you personally know that you do not feel that way about black women....to be aggressively and passionately accused of them is more times than not going to elicit a very strong response that will very likely lead into an argument....

it's very hard to have a healthy conversation when at the very beginning of it you're immediately placed on the defensive at this level.....

"okay we can't have this conversation till YOU admit that YOU hate black women"

that's exactly how it comes off to us......and then to say if we respond "i appreciate all black woman" is a deflection.....

i mean....? ......what are we left with?

Words are deadly, interesting, helpful, kind, dangerous and informative; however, the tone creates the meaning behind these words.

I understand you plight; however, we must admit that we have all have been misogynoiristic. I have.

I had to unpack my learning of misogynoir and learn to love me -- a black woman.

To take down the gaze of our privilege makes us more human, more empathetic, and we feel the words that hurts us deeply.

Just saying that "I appreciate all black women" is placing a bandaid and deflecting from the issue and stating "it's not me! It's those other guys!" That is the bandaid rhetoric.

What she is asking for is honesty. Honesty creates logical, refreshing, and inviting conversations.

I can understand why she is frustrated. I used to be too.

i feel you, i really do.....i just think we as men realize more than women....that some ? are just ? idiots.....

like they don't see how their words have lasting effects on our women. when i was younger...i used to love the whole "being a nice guy" image simply because.....while i wasn't an angel i was typically the nicest, sweetest guy most women met, cuz so many other ? were complete ? idiots....i mean some of the ? a lot of these dudes do and act around women.....they don't really be feeling that ? , and many of them do live their later years in regret or paranoia that someone will do the same to their daughters, who they love immensely...

thing is i get your point, i get both of yall points....but i still think there's other sides to this argument that carries much merit

Thats the problem.
    Instead of thinking maybe just sit and listen.

touche'

but there has to be dialogue so that we're on the same page...

First step to dialogue is to listen, ask questions, research and then converse. Youre a philosophy buff, you know this. @dwo

That's not a dialogue. That's a lesson. Maybe black men do need a lesson on the plight of the black woman, so it's fair for you to suggest that. But it should be done in a respectful manner. If you just come at dudes like "You guys have ruined black women and you won't shut the ? up and listen to us," you're not going to get any kind of productive reception. And even after, you all educate us on your plight, wouldn't you say that it would be prudent for you to sit down an hear our side too?

Anyway, respect for being civil and providing info to facilitate the discussion.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Read the links and I liked the fourth link better and gave more insight than what was explained previously.

But based on info I already knew and certain stereotypes and all meshed into one. The problem with this thread there was only lay down or get down. Not trying to bring us in your world nor any conversation and discussion. I mean what is there to discuss I come on message boards to discuss and gain more insight on different peoples perspectives not to be given two options. That dehumanizes me and does the same thing that you fight against.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I wonder how many other chicks feel like this fool. I know @obnoxiouslyfresh, @Westie , and @desertrain10 among others have had disagreements with the men on this site frequently, but are they really running around out here trying to convince others that most black men hate black women?

This will have to wait until Im done watching my Alfred Hitchcock movie

Which one you watching? That's old school ? . I didn't think anyone watched those movies anymore.

Dial M for Murder.

I think it's his best one.

I read this post without realizing you're talking about a movie and thought who the ? is listening to an old Ja Rule intro from Pain Is Love lol
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Blackrain is the devil!!!!

oyczvl8o1wl4.png
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smdh. This ? almost made me type up a titangraph earlier. I just said ? it and went to sleep.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I
    The problem in this dialogue is that dudes who want to be a part of the solution are being told that they are part of the problem for even feeling that way...

I read one of the articles twice, haven't got to the rest yet but ultimately it boils down to prejudices. Black women are too often attacked simply for existing and the symptoms of it trickle down to many aspects of their lives. Azalea is displaying some of that.

However what I noticed before, and still notice now is that it's virtually impossible to ever discuss this topic with black men until the women in the discussion drop the accusatory tone.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Azealia Banks is a stupid little ? who needs to just ? herself already. Hopefully someone runs her over with a car or something tomorrow, what a ? disgrace to the Black race she is.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Smh at ? being ashamed of being protected from the sun

Azelia has always come across as a loud mouthed, know nothing ? , so I'm not too surprised she's doing something like this. The funny thing is even White people are gonna lose respect for her, and her record sales are always gonna be horrible, dark or not. She'll find out for herself when she's done cooning. My hope is that she drinks the bleach as well.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Purr
    Options
    Read the links and I liked the fourth link better and gave more insight than what was explained previously.

But based on info I already knew and certain stereotypes and all meshed into one. The problem with this thread there was only lay down or get down. Not trying to bring us in your world nor any conversation and discussion. I mean what is there to discuss I come on message boards to discuss and gain more insight on different peoples perspectives not to be given two options. That dehumanizes me and does the same thing that you fight against.

stop.
  • Purr
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I
    The problem in this dialogue is that dudes who want to be a part of the solution are being told that they are part of the problem for even feeling that way...

I read one of the articles twice, haven't got to the rest yet but ultimately it boils down to prejudices. Black women are too often attacked simply for existing and the symptoms of it trickle down to many aspects of their lives. Azalea is displaying some of that.

However what I noticed before, and still notice now is that it's virtually impossible to ever discuss this topic with black men until the women in the discussion drop the accusatory tone.

@dwo i have not displayed any accusatory tone. I have actually been trying to create a dialouge with you guys to listen. I have dropped links. @? _Lyfe have explained over and over and over again what it is and there is still dismissive behavior.

This conversation is truly pointless because people arent really going to get it because they do have a position of power. A position that they will not give up.

Black men have that position of power through masculinity over black women; however, that power can be seen as a double edge sword towards being hyper masculine to white people.

The gaze is a powerful thing.

This is why i ask you to read. To listen. To hear us, me & @? _Lyfe, this is what we have studied and continue to research and learn.

This benefit isnt JUST for black women but most importantly black girls. Black girls who wont have to grow up hating their skin because the gaze does not show that she is not feminine, but masculine like a man, her hair wont be the cause of her getting kicked out of school, her body wont become the property of everyone where she wont be sexually harassed by black men, white women, fetishized by white men and latino men and women, where her unique black beauty will be accepted on her black body and not on others who are not black and etc.

Like Malcolm X said "The most disrespected person in America is the black woman. The most unprotected person in America is the black woman. The most neglected person in America is the black woman."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hg3umXU_qWc

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/041595150X?pc_redir=T1

Warsan Shire

you are a horse running alone
    and he tries to tame you
    compares you to an impossible highway
    to a burning house
    says you are blinding him
    that he could never leave you
    forget you
    want anything but you
    you dizzy him, you are unbearable
    every woman before or after you
    is doused in your name
    you fill his mouth
    his teeth ache with memory of taste
    his body just a long shadow seeking yours
    but you are always too intense
    frightening in the way you want him
    unashamed and sacrificial
    he tells you that no man can live up to the one who
    lives in your head
    and you tried to change didn't you?
    closed your mouth more
    tried to be softer
    prettier
    less volatile, less awake
    but even when sleeping you could feel
    him travelling away from you in his dreams
    so what did you want to do, love
    split his head open?
    you can't make homes out of human beings
    someone should have already told you that
    and if he wants to leave
    then let him leave
    you are terrifying
    and strange and beautiful
    something not everyone knows how to love.

http://genius.com/artists/Warsan-shire
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This was pretty good. I don't think it applies as much to the U.S. Like how she says women are taught to cater to a male's ego. I think that's true to a point, but not to the degree that women stifle themselves like she stated. We don't teach our daughters to choose their profession or their success level based on how it will make men feel.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who yall wanna trade for her in the racial draft??

Jada Stevens
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    So who yall wanna trade for her in the racial draft??

Jada Stevens

All in favor say aye
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd prefer it if she drank bleach.