Should athletes wives/girlfriends be only seen and not heard?

Options

Comments

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    They have the right to voice their opinion like anyway else
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I'm glad she said it, and I hope she calls out more ? that goes on inside the lines.

? was horrible to watch last night with the ticky tack fouls and I couldn't give one ? about GSW, I just wanna see a fair and good game.

? having plantation like syndromes out here. "ole ? go get upset if you say something now darling", "You'z gots to be quiet now" "let me pick this cotton in peace and not say nothing about this situation" smh..

Man come on

Steph shot more free throws than anybody in the whole game fam.

Steph was the only one to foul out fam? ? hadn't fouled out in x amount games, but he fouls out in Game 6?? come on fam with 3-4 mins left when they were only down by like 9 or 10?

? rip'd the ? outta Kyrie, that call hasn't been called all series and now they decided to call a reach foul? when that would have cut the lead down some more, Steph got called for some ticky tack stuff fam, no way in hell dude should have foul'd out

Hell he played more aggressive in the last games and didn't get 5 fouls
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idc

Miko Grimes solid af

NFL and fanboys want her to keep quiet cause she expose all the corruption instead of just falling in line
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a bad look for their husbands, they should keep quiet
    break it down to a basic level.

this ? Curry basically came home from work upset and his wife went and called the boss to cuss him out..

not a good look at all..

lightskinned ? is soft yo!
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I can see the GSW releasing Steph and NBA banning him because of tweets his wife made......

You ? sound truly uneducated with the 'his employer' talk

@obnoxiouslyfresh rebuttal?
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm glad she said it, and I hope she calls out more ? that goes on inside the lines.

? was horrible to watch last night with the ticky tack fouls and I couldn't give one ? about GSW, I just wanna see a fair and good game.

? having plantation like syndromes out here. "ole ? go get upset if you say something now darling", "You'z gots to be quiet now" "let me pick this cotton in peace and not say nothing about this situation" smh..

Man come on

Steph was the only one to foul out fam? ? hadn't fouled out in x amount games, but he fouls out in Game 6?? come on fam with 3-4 mins left when they were only down by like 9 or 10?

? rip'd the ? outta Kyrie, that call hasn't been called all series and now they decided to call a reach foul? when that would have cut the lead down some more, Steph got called for some ticky tack stuff fam, no way in hell dude should have foul'd out

On back to back plays, lebron went to the basket and got hacked by festus ezili, the very next play, steph comes down and barely gets touched in the lane, and he's goin to the line. Lets be objective here.

Steph reached for the ball and got caught under lebron and tried to run away like he was never part of the skirmish for the loose ball and got his 6th foul.

There was a play for a loose ball where lebron dived for it and got the ball, but because steph is so skinny, the foul was called on lebron even though they reached the ball simultaneously.

Lebron has been going to the basket gettin killed the whole series with no foul calls. Lue said something about it and got fined. Still goes to the cup, gets hacked, often. No foul calls.

Steve kerr said Lebron flopped on that 6th foul call, but steph just a few plays earlier tried to stick his leg out and was livid he didn't get a foul call on a 3 even though he created the contact.

It just sounds like the warriors sense of entitlement is being challenged and they don't know how to deal with it. From Ayesha to steve kerr, to steph, to draymond.

Who the ? complains about gettin bumped on off the ball screens?

League is definitely rigged.... Illuminati confirmed.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Idc

Miko Grimes solid af

NFL and fanboys want her to keep quiet cause she expose all the corruption instead of just falling in line
    Yea.. i heard about that... didn't her tweets get her husband cut from his team?

It went: she tweets - backlash - he's cut ...straight like that
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cont.
    Also, id look at it contextually from the flipside. We're being a tad overly critical of Ayesha . Ayesha emotional tirade of a tweet, came after her husband lost a second big game in a row...
    This wasn't a random tweet in the middle of the offseason. It was in the middle of an emotional storm.

2. The pitting of two blk woman in the comparison of Ayesha vs. Savannah is unfair. This situation has nothing to do with Savannah.
    This remind me of Cacs comparing Cam Newton to Russell Wilson, as a way to minimize the diversity of expression in blk men.
    While in this instance, it's blk women. Ayesha is Ayesha, and Savannah is Savannah.
    Ayesha is vocal and opinionated. While
    Savannah always been low-key and quiet. I remember when blk women online, use to bully the ? outta Savannah, till the point, Savannah made all her accounts private. Anyways, That story is for another day#Misogynoir
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? on curry, that tone shoulda been set
  • _Lefty
    Options
    I was looking just below the surface, but if ya'll bout to start the slave mentality titangraph fest we gon lose the subject at hand.

Bottom line..... Curry got a chance to become unquestioned king of the NBA, which comes with more than just trophies.

She's making too much noise and being a distraction while he's tryin to make it happen. She was tweetin about racial profiling and all kinds of ? all through the game, seems like she wants to be the star when she should just be coolin.

Let her cook tho...

#AyeshaDad'sLivesMatter

• CapitalB
    Options
    so y'all think the Unanimous MVP might get fired because his wife sent a mean tweet?

nah..
    but aint she got shows and ? in the works..

a ? on the "inside" that cant keep her mouth shut will find her ass on the "outside" real quick.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Man come on

On back to back plays, lebron went to the basket and got hacked by festus ezili, the very next play, steph comes down and barely gets touched in the lane, and he's goin to the line. Lets be objective here.

Steph reached for the ball and got caught under lebron and tried to run away like he was never part of the skirmish for the loose ball and got his 6th foul.

There was a play for a loose ball where lebron dived for it and got the ball, but because steph is so skinny, the foul was called on lebron even though they reached the ball simultaneously.

Lebron has been going to the basketball gettin killed the whole series with no foul calls. Lue said something about it and got fined. Still goes to the cup, gets hacked, often. No foul calls.

I agree with you on that about the Lebron drive to the basket and Steph's and one, no doubt you're right about that.

Now the Steph reaching foul, I mean, was it a foul?, one could say yes, but to make it his 6th foul, nah, When a player like that (MVP, and the reason folks are watching the game), that has 5 fouls, his or her next foul should be a one that everyone in the world know that he or she committed that foul IMO, Steph's last foul was one that some would let slide and some won't and that ref was the one that didn't let it go. Which IMO, as a fan watching that game, he should have. Did he hit Lebron (yea) but Lebron flopped/flailed plus Steph's reaching didn't affect the play and Steph ran down the court after the fact, the ref could/should have let that one slide IMO, but was it a foul, yea it was, but that's a play-on play IMO, but he got the foul called on him.

Lebron loose ball foul was a bad call as well, should have been a foul on Steph, no doubt, you're right with that one.

But I think with her comment, she was just taking up for her husband and to me, I don't see anything wrong with that, some may think it is. I just don't.

NBA officiating is getting worse by far...last night was just terrible.

• CapitalB
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    So....what's wrong with her saying the game was possibly rigged, when posters have mention the game been rigged.

say u got a girl ur tryin ur tryin to get serious with..

which is worse..
    her homegirll tellin her ur a dog.. a cheater..

vs ur sister tellin her..

wit her bein Curry's wife her statements hold more credence then the average.. it brings attention that the NBA now has to address.. they cant jus blow it off and say "ur homegirls is jus hatin on us baby.. they dont even know me like that.."
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so y'all think the Unanimous MVP might get fired because his wife sent a mean tweet?

nah..

a ? on the "inside" that cant keep her mouth shut will find her ass on the "outside" real quick.

so you think that, worse case scenario, her tweet will destroy their empire?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Im only here so i wont get fined
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I can see the GSW releasing Steph and NBA banning him because of tweets his wife made......

You ? sound truly uneducated with the 'his employer' talk

I didn't suggest that the league would remove one of their biggest star players, BOZO. But it certainly isn't a good look. I'm sure he is not happy about it and as the wife of a man entering game 7 of a championship series, her time would be better served removing distractions for him, rather than creating them.

Aside from that, Ayesha is trying to establish a brand of her own. People have very little patience and she is working it with these little spurts of whining. She has a beautiful family and goals of her own. I really don't want to see her make enemies and lose opportunities over something as minuscule as Twitter.
  • CapitalB
    Options

nah..

they dont have no empire.
    she was and possibly still is on her way to bein a contributing factor into them havin one..

we jus gotta see how it plays out..

this is a billion dollar industry we're talkin about and if u think there isnt politics at play ur kiddin urself and this ? jus raised a few eyebrows..

she jus "marginalized herself" lol
    but u cant blame black men for this one.. that ? light skinned. lol
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got black congressmen/women and senators and I don't know their names. If ya'll want change so bad, holla at them, since they actually work in the legislative branch, and since they are actually the ones that can push policies forward. They're more accessible than the athletes are. Some of you ? is backward.

Am i the only one that sees how policy is influenced by public opinion?

These ? people didnt have to "holla at them", they not only protested, but athletes and entertainers alike speak out on their behalf.

Next thing you know we getting ? bathrooms.

If yall loved yourselves and your people enough to DEMAND representation, Muhammed Ali wouldnt be the exception, he would be the STANDARD.
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2016
    Options

Man come on

Lebron has been going to the basketball gettin killed the whole series with no foul calls. Lue said something about it and got fined. Still goes to the cup, gets hacked, often. No foul calls.

I agree with you on that about the Lebron drive to the basket and Steph's and one, no doubt you're right about that.

Now the Steph reaching foul, I mean, was it a foul?, one could say yes, but to make it his 6th foul, nah, When a player like that (MVP, and the reason folks are watching the game), that has 5 fouls, his or her next foul should be a one that everyone in the world know that he or she committed that foul IMO, Steph's last foul was one that some would let slide and some won't and that ref was the one that didn't let it go. Which IMO, as a fan watching that game, he should have. Did he hit Lebron (yea) but Lebron flopped/flailed plus Steph's reaching didn't affect the play and Steph ran down the court after the fact, the ref could/should have let that one slide IMO, but was it a foul, yea it was, but that's a play-on play IMO, but he got the foul called on him.

Lebron loose ball foul was a bad call as well, should have been a foul on Steph, no doubt, you're right with that one.

But I think with her comment, she was just taking up for her husband and to me, I don't see anything wrong with that, some may think it is. I just don't.

NBA officiating is getting worse by far...last night was just terrible.

u need ur woman to take up for u when ur dealin wit a situation involving other men?
  • _Lefty
    Options
    There's ? that play checkers, and then there's chess players. I find more checker board ass ? every day.

In chess, one subtle move can disrupt the whole game and some won't see it til 6-7 moves down the road, while others see it immediately, or even beforehand. I'm not runnin it down for you ? . If you don't get it, you just don't.

I will tell you this. Reckless ? structure puts the king in danger in the end.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    So....what's wrong with her saying the game was possibly rigged, when posters have mention the game been rigged.

say u got a girl ur tryin ur tryin to get serious with..

which is worse..
    her homegirll tellin her ur a dog.. a cheater..

vs ur sister tellin her..

wit her bein Curry's wife her statements hold more credence then the average.. it brings attention that the NBA now has to address.. they cant jus blow it off and say "ur homegirls is jus hatin on us baby.. they dont even know me like that.."

Evil must be struck down.

alssalam ealaa alnnabi , yjb 'an yuqtal alshshrr min salla 'iilaa alllah aljabbar
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah..

she was and possibly still is on her way to bein a contributing factor into them havin one..

this is a billion dollar industry we're talkin about and if u think there isnt politics at play ur kiddin urself and this ? jus raised a few eyebrows..

what in gods name are you talking about, brother?
    are you suggesting that her airing her frustrations on an app may cause her and her family to be blackballed from the basketball industry? or the cooking industry?
    I had no idea tweeting had such high stakes
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only here so i wont get fined

nah..

tumblr_m7cixoDWW71qc8jh0o3_500.gif
  • CapitalB
    Options

nah..

what in gods name are you talking about, brother?
    are you suggesting that her airing her frustrations on an app may cause her and her family to be blackballed from the basketball industry? or the cooking industry?
    I had no idea tweeting had such high stakes

dont patronize me ? ..
    ur smarter then that..
  • _Lefty
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    We got black congressmen/women and senators and I don't know their names. If ya'll want change so bad, holla at them, since they actually work in the legislative branch, and since they are actually the ones that can push policies forward. They're more accessible than the athletes are. Some of you ? is backward.

Am i the only one that sees how policy is influenced by public opinion?

These ? people didnt have to "holla at them", they not only protested, but athletes and entertainers alike speak out on their behalf.

Next thing you know we getting ? bathrooms.

If yall loved yourselves and your people enough to DEMAND representation, Muhammed Ali wouldnt be the exception, he would be the STANDARD.

These ? people ain't athletes. And don't get it ? up either. That agenda was pushed from the top down, it's not a grassroots movement. It came into prominence and the public strata too fast. One day you can say ? , the next it's a hate crime. Top down builderberg type ? . Richest man on the planet's father just happened to be a huge population control advocate, could be a conspiracy, could be coincidence. Who knows.... You know what I do know, Steph Curry's wife need to delete her twitter til monday.