Reason Interview: Busta Carmichael aka Krayzie Bones aka Bones

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
5th Letter- Where are you from?

Busta Carmichael- From L.A. but I've lived all over the world from S.A., Asia to Europe. Left home to do some random traveling 5 years ago and haven't looked back once. Currently in Europe.

5th Letter- Were you in the military?

Busta Carmichael- No I was not in the military. My mom's side is African and they're spread out all over the world. They basically told me "if you need anywhere to stay then just go". Was bored with my life and what I was doing, was studying businesses management, but that wasn't for me.

5th Letter- If you don't mind answering what do you do for a living?

Busta Carmichael- I'm mentally Job so I don't do anything as far as ?

5th Letter- What does mentally job mean?

Busta Carmichael- Nah jp, I've worked as a personal trainer, chef and bartender. All of which allows me to travel as long as I get a work visa.

5th Letter- You got your degree/certification in business?

Busta Carmichael- Nah I didn't get my degree, I dropped out. 14mgy79.png

5th Letter- Why wasn't it for you?

Busta Carmichael- The reason why it wasn't for me is because I made a hasty decision to go in to that field. IT has always been my field at heart, but I'm also business minded and would love to start up a company someday. But you don't need business classes to start a damn business. So I saw it as a waste of time, got bored with it and wanted to travel the world while I was still young.

I also draw tho, here's a portrait of me and my pops
2ch9baa.jpg
Some say we got the same smile

5th Letter- With those drawing skills you should be making money.

Busta Carmichael- Props fam, I had a talk with genocide and he told me that there is a new establishment in Gambia that accepts our drawings, FNP( ? Neegha Paintings)

5th Letter- How did you get into hip hop?

Busta Carmichael- I got into hip hop thru my older sisters who are about 10 years older than me. So they was basically bumping it since I was born.

5th Letter- What were your first memories of hip hop?

Busta Carmichael- My first memory of hip hop was prolly being 4-5 years old, sitting in my uncle's car, rolling down mid-city and "Today was a good day" playing on the radio. Been hooked since

5th Letter- Do you dislike Biggie? You're always making Biggie troll threads.

Busta Carmichael- Nah Biggie is my actually my favorite rapper next to Hov. You wouldn't believe that the way I make fun of them. I don't find it funny to troll on obvious wack rappers like Soulja boy etc. I prolly know more about the dudes im trolling on than the people that get offended in the thread. The key to a good troll thread is to choose a topic in which you are well invested in and know all about, and then just act ignorant about it. That way you can have good comebacks when someone attacks you. I made a Biggie thread that he was a regular at male strip clubs and about 80% of y'all knew I was joking. But what gets the thread going is the 20% of clueless posters that aren't in on the joke. It's mostly these old ass ? . Like how tf wouldn't I know it was a reference track??? I'm a Biggie fan

Why do I troll on Legends you wonder? Because it's unexpected, ruffles feathers and 8/10 it brings comedy gold.

5th Letter- You've been on some troll ? sometimes what was your reaction to Premo getting at you?

Busta Carmichael- Lmaooooo By far the most unexpected thing to happen to me on this site. I did that thread specifically to troll on Biggie. Preem just got caught in the crossfire. However I left the thread after 2-3 pages cuz it wasn't going nowhere and it was a stupid thread to begin with. Then out of nowhere I just noticed that I was banned. Entered the thread and saw had caught feelings because Allhiphop put it on Twitter and @'d him. I was crying laughing cuz the ? was surreal. Dude thought I was young an editor for Allhiphop. He was like "Busta Carmichael Don't you ever disrespect me" "check your punk" and what not. Don't know why stew banned me tho. It wasn't my fault, ? troll everyday b. My bad if I caused any friction between premo and Allhiphop. Cuz I ? with some of y'all mods heavy!

5th Letter- Who are your favorite and least favorite rappers and why?

Busta Carmichael-My favorite rappers of all time gotta be Bone thugs as a whole, Hov and Big.

Bone: because they are pioneers of their style and I don't feel like they get enough credit. You gotta understand that they came out the same time as Nas, and while Nas gets credit for coming up with a new style it wasn't VERY complex. He borrowed some from Rakim and BDK.

Bone was flowing fast af and harmonizing. I really don't know who influenced them. Because that ? was never heard of before.

Jay: someone once said that, if you think Jay is wack then you don't have a complete grasp of the English language. Which I find kinda true. I always find something new in his lyrics when I go back and listen to them. Dude dumbs down his lyrics and yet still is lyrical.

He's a smart dude and makes music for like-minded people. If you noticed it's only the retards that hate on him. And nah I ain't naming names

Big: Biggie's flow is impeccable. I've seen Pac clones(tha realest etc) Nas clones(your old droog) but I've never seen a Biggie clone( not guerilla black) I'm talking about someone that can actually flow like biggie. Till this day I haven't even seen an impression of Biggie. Dude has the smoothest and best flow and I stand by that. Even preem said that he was the only one that could ride the beat on point, of all the people he's worked with.

My least favorite rappers are about 80% of these new dudes. Basically everybody that's been on the freshman list since 2012
2yl7o0y.jpg
I don't know who these dudes are, and the majority feels like industry plants.

5th Letter- What are your favorite albums?

Busta Carmichael- Favorite albums of all time gotta be East 99, Reasonable doubt, 7th day theory, the black album. New artist don't really impress me like that. I don't think hip hop is dead. But the music I loved and grew up with is dead and gone.

5th Letter- Why do you feel the music you grew up with is dead and gone?

Busta Carmichael- Because I feel like music is a reflection of society. And right now society is ? and sensitive af. That's why we have these ? wearing dresses and doing ? dances. Biggie and them had lines that I actually had to rewind and be like damn. I ? with Future for the hype ? but that's about it. Lil Wayne is also a dope rapper from this generation. As a person that used to write music myself and thought I was clever. Weezy is CLEVER! I acknowledge Kendrick 's abilities but I'm not that impressed.

Comments

• psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That drawing though. Hahahaha. Man, genocide is going to be hurt.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope interview. Busta be havin a ? rollin, most recently when he was goin in on Loca the other day
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So Busta is a trust fund kid, interesting. I banned you for LOL's btw :joy: Im pretty sure it didnt last long
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint kno this cornball brotha was bonez

no wonder he so funny pmfao
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? , I got a mention! @Busta Carmichael respect, my dude.

Also inb4 you know who lol
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT ? from a GOAT poster. Keep your eyes wide open and watch out for pimps on the pavement my brother
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Busta one of the funniest posters of all time and he a dude I wouldn't even wanna upset because he seem like a good guy. Dope to hear that he's traveling the world though...

Thanks for the shoutout, I'm moving up in IC life
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dope ass interview. Busta is a legend, laid back and hilarious dude. Funny Posters like him are the strong point of the IC you can always come in here and find a thread or a post that will make you laugh and lighten up. Appreciate the shoutouts too my man. And I wanna take my talents to the Legion of Trill too I need that paypal adress
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Member since 06 damn living legend
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MY ? !

definitely a top 5 poster

LoT for life BIH!

lmao @ that job question & the drawing
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Busta a living legend and I'll tell you why
    Cause everyone wanna be busta and busta still alive
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    DJ Pauls Arm Members Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OG donkey poster , I hear ya folk.
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    Options
    finally a decent interview but Jamaica need to step up his questions. Every poster shouldnt get the same questions. ? gets generic
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    Options
    RIP Carl Weathers aka Tupac Kippur
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OG donkey poster , I hear ya folk.

Another trill IC legend
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Watch Gee757 come in and ? this thread up
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but dope in-trill-view though.

Busta is a funny ass dude even though the neegha is one of the most disrespectful neeghas Ive ever met in my life