Who Pays On A First Date?

Options

Comments

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The man should always pay.....I had a date 1st date w this black queen once and she said " make sure we don't go anywhere expensive cuz if it don't work out, I don't want u to feel like u wasted ur money"......I damn near fell in love

I would always suggest that a first be something simple and not expensive, like getting drinks or coffee for this reason. Plus if the date is not going well I don't have to stick around for very long.

Oh and the man should pay for the first date.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    No self respecting man is going to let his date pay.

No self respecting man wouldn't at least TRY to get her to pay.

Na, that kind of ? don't even cross my mind. I got enough for the both of us.
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not the type to take random hoes on date...so if I'm taking her on a date at all that means I'm feeling her. I'm cool with paying...that's why I work...so I can afford to treat the people I care about right. It's not trickin if you got it..with that being said it all depends on the situation. For all you know the girl might now be feeling you enough to let you pay for her (doesn't want to give the wrong intentions).

I can tell the difference between someone who wants to go out to be around me...and someone who wants to go out just to get free food. The right woman in your eyes will deserve to be treated right...if you question whether or not you should have to pay for the bill...you either aren't feeling her enough, don't know her enough to be dating her yet, or just don't have the funds (it's cool if you don't...struggle is only temporary...you'll get your bread up eventually.)
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrtdb wrote: »
    I'm not the type to take random hoes on date...so if I'm taking her on a date at all that means I'm feeling her. I'm cool with paying...that's why I work...so I can afford to treat the people I care about right. It's not trickin if you got it..with that being said it all depends on the situation. For all you know the girl might now be feeling you enough to let you pay for her (doesn't want to give the wrong intentions).

I can tell the difference between someone who wants to go out to be around me...and someone who wants to go out just to get free food. The right woman in your eyes will deserve to be treated right...if you question whether or not you should have to pay for the bill...you either aren't feeling her enough, don't know her enough to be dating her yet, or just don't have the funds (it's cool if you don't...struggle is only temporary...you'll get your bread up eventually.)

The bold is a lie plain and simple. Whether you have it or not it will always be trickin. Just cause you got it don't mean you can change the definition of trickin. ? don't work that way.

I ain't against trickin for the record.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of yall ? sounding broke as ? . If you are dating/on a date pay for her meal, if you are friends split the check.

If she let's you ? regardless of whether you pay or not, you got an easy ? , good for you. I'm sure your not the only one not paying for her meals.

Because a man generally initiates a date, you are the one that pays. Unless ? out here asking you out, she has no obligation to you other than finding out if she likes you or not, and you are doing her no favors by taking her out, might as well make the best impression.

I can tell alot of young ? are in here, or alot of old young minded ? .

Aint ? ? all around this ? . Swear ? act like girls should be lining up to hang out with them these days, thats some ? ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The man should always pay.....I had a date 1st date w this black queen once and she said " make sure we don't go anywhere expensive cuz if it don't work out, I don't want u to feel like u wasted ur money"......I damn near fell in love

Funny how people are different coz I wudda been mad AF. Like, 'seriously you're sittin' there expectin' me to pay for our future dates? Nah man if I'm payin' she needs to be flattered and thankful
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I paid for my own on the first date. Subsequent dates, I offer to pay half. Relationship, I'll offer to pay the whole tab.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of yall ? sounding broke as ? . If you are dating/on a date pay for her meal, if you are friends split the check.

If she let's you ? regardless of whether you pay or not, you got an easy ? , good for you. I'm sure your not the only one not paying for her meals.

Because a man generally initiates a date, you are the one that pays. Unless ? out here asking you out, she has no obligation to you other than finding out if she likes you or not, and you are doing her no favors by taking her out, might as well make the best impression.

Aint ? ? all around this ? . Swear ? act like girls should be lining up to hang out with them these days, thats some ? ?

I find your simpery disturbing. Take the ? off a pedestal.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

This is where you ? up. Females is trying to kick it too. We don't live in a world run by early 1900's gender roles. Everybody is ? . Anybody can pay.

If you're a man of respect and attract respecting women, you'll experience women who simply want to pay for you to show that THEY appreciate YOU for you, not just for your ? wine, lobster, and movie money.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When you dating chicks always let em' know you can ball out when you choose to. If u got it like that.

At the same time the very next day you let em' know your broke as ? . Doesn't matter if you got money or not. Doesn't matter what the excuse is, from saving for a car, a house or your pension. You ain't got money to waste on seeing if this chick worthy or not.

You only ball out (don't let them pay for ? ) to let them know your a man of worth that can offer a security blanket to the right one. At the end of the day that's what a chick wants to know. Is your head screwed on financially.

But you have them believing your broke because if she is the one, you both have the frame of mind to get rich together.

A real ? doesn't love you because you got money. If she happy to pay her way if it means she can spend time with you it's worth looking at the possibility of a future with her.

If you spend money just to ? a ? , you need more self esteem. Don't get me wrong, I pursue ? that I know it will take a lil spending just so they know I'm in their league. Levels. But I'll be damned if a chick ever thought I'll pay for everything after a first date/? .

The only reason I'd ever pay for some ? is for personal fantasies which involve having a ? that will give you some ? for some money. Power. Even if she doesn't think she selling her soul for money. Cause trust me, there is plenty of ? that are prostitutes and don't know it.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    I paid for my own on the first date. Subsequent dates, I offer to pay half. Relationship, I'll offer to pay the whole tab.

If I took you out and let you pay your half, would you look at me differently than if I took care of the whole thing.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Lol @ "the man should always pay" ass ? .

You ? are the reason the court gives her half of what you got and half your future earnings when it's time for the divorce.

Disgusting.

Stretch armstrong status on that one buddy.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    ms.jones wrote: »

If I took you out and let you pay your half, would you look at me differently than if I took care of the whole thing.

No.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Im asking then I'll pay but she get the olive garden TOPS on date 1 and we're splitting the unlimited pasta. Want better then she gotta shell out too.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same ? that don't pay probably want tbe door opened for them also!
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I remember I once went out w this " independent woman" yo this girl spent the whole dinner telling me how independent and self sufficient she is ...u know I don't need a man for ? type.....check comes the waiter puts it on the table, I aCT like I ain't even see it..15 mins later she like are u ready to pay? So we can go....im like what happened to all the gangster ? u were just talking? Made her pay for it she didn't pick up my calls after that lmao
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    86 new posts!!?

i aint gonna even read them ? ..
    but was talkin earlier wit one of my P pa'tnas..
    a ? out here gettin money as i am..

wont get into specifics but we choppin it and i came to the conclusion some ? aint cut from the same cloth and that ? ALWAYS comes out "in the wash"

any ? that places money over principle aint a real ? to me..

u got ? payin for the date do u got ? askin u "who's is this!!?" in the bedroom!!?

nah man.. jus nah..

but anyways..
    jus dusted the whip off.. bout to go take this Native broad out and buy her all the drinks she can swallow..

hopefully by the end of the night she'll be swallowin somethin else besides this game.. CAUSE THAT!? imma have to spoon feed the ? ! hahaha
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »

I find your simpery disturbing. Take the ? off a pedestal.
    86 new posts!!?

i aint gonna even read them ? ..
    but was talkin earlier wit one of my P pa'tnas..
    a ? out here gettin money as i am..

wont get into specifics but we choppin it and i came to the conclusion some ? aint cut from the same cloth and that ? ALWAYS comes out "in the wash"

any ? that places money over principle aint a real ? to me..

u got ? payin for the date do u got ? askin u "who's is this!!?" in the bedroom!!?

nah man.. jus nah..

but anyways..
    jus dusted the whip off.. bout to go take this Native broad out and buy her all the drinks she can swallow..

hopefully by the end of the night she'll be swallowin somethin else besides this game.. CAUSE THAT!? imma have to spoon feed the ? ! hahaha

But it's really not that complex, paying for a meal does not equal putting ? on a pedestal, its just a simple part of of courting.

You act like i'm out here shooting down ? tryna pay like "Nah! I got this" if they quick with it, then go head

It's just when the check comes, there should not be any tension or awkward phone looking because a couple dollars on food aint ? . If you with a grubby ? who balled out on your tab, thats on you. If you with a nice chick, who you enjoy being around, what is it to pay a $60-$80 bill, its not like you are going out every night... I just guarantee she'll appreciate the gesture.

If you have to think that hard about it, there is something else going on

Stop acting like a child waiting for your mom to pay the bill, just pay it, or invite the ? over to eat at your crib.

It's sad how many implications some of yall think there are just paying for a meal
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    To me not every chick won't get the restaurant date option. It's levels to this ? . Imma choosey lover & my screening process is proficient now from past trials & tribulations. By time, we at the restaurant part then I'm already feeling her style
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Females have been getting free meals and getting over for a long time. Trial and error there guy. You live and you learn. Just don't be bitter. Be smarter ?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off topic a little bit but I gotta home boy that use to mess with this ratchet broad. Him & his cousin met up with the ratchet broad & her friend at Chili's. They (my home boy & his cousin) didn't eat, they were just there chilling. The ratchet broads pulled some petty finesse ? by ordering a chicken combo then when the waitress brought them their food, they lied & said "we didn't want the chicken combo, we wanted the Salmon meal". They did it so they could get a extra free meal smmfgdh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? . .........dine and dash

jrt3w4iktg8x.gif

Ya u was begging dudes to take u to dinner

?