Should athletes wives/girlfriends be only seen and not heard?

Options

Comments

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a bad look for their husbands, they should keep quiet
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    If it was truly rigged The Spurs wouldn't be walking around with 5 chips.

Them ? produced some of the worst finals ratings of all time

Exactly. It's no logic to the argument, especially when u consider how the league has been hyping them. What sense would it make for the game to be rigged by the league and ruin the run of the team with the most wins in league history?? These brand new warriors fans are hilarious
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, you know how many times Lebron doesn't get fouls called for him? (Yeah, he exaggerates a lot, but he'd prolly get even less calls if he didn't.) What about Kevin Love gettin hit wit 3 fouls in 3 minutes? What about Varejao looking for an Oscar every time he hits the floor? The officiating has been suspect for and against both teams all series long.

Not to mention, all the ? that Golden State has gotten away with throughout the season. Them ? commit reach in fouls damn near every defensive play. She don't open her mouth on none of that ? . Not as long as her husband is winning.

But the minute them ? face a little pressure, she blows a gasket and tries to drop dime on the same people that pay her bills. Not only is that not taking up for your husband, but it's wreckless and stupid and makes her look like a spoiled, whiny crybaby.

I have a feeling that Savannah couldn't get away wit this ? . I'm from Cleveland and I still don't know what the hell she sounds like. And fwiw, Savanah >>> Ayesha.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    They have the right to voice their opinion like anyway else
    zzombie wrote: »
    One of the greatest skills any human can develop is the ability to know when to shut the ? up

Agree with this, but... This is America. If Amber Rose can given a platform to kick her ? knowledge and dumb ? like Sarah Palin can try to be the leader of the free world... Then these hoes can talk about a basketball game
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of yall got it ? up and twisted. Dont nobody wanna hear that ? she said cuz she dont say ? when its rigged in gsw favor (and thats happened a lot). Not because she a woman.

? always tryna over complicate ?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    One of the greatest skills any human can develop is the ability to know when to shut the ? up

Agree with this, but... This is America. If Amber Rose can given a platform to kick her ? knowledge and dumb ? like Sarah Palin can try to be the leader of the free world... Then these hoes can talk about a basketball game

I'm from the old school... women have to learn to shut the ? up sometime, always running their ? mouths is the reason why a lot of relationships don't last, THESE ? are vicious with the tongue and i don't mean in just sucking ?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    When I read their tweets, I suspect that this is how I sound offering my input in the Cheap Seats

lmao, but u have a right to your opinion nonetheless

She can have her opinion but she just called out her husband's EMPLOYER... the employer that btw is paying him $100 million and just named him the most valuable player of their association. She might wanna close her teeth.

You know why this isn't a good argument?

What if it was Chris Paul's wife speaking out against Donald Sterling a couple years ago? What if it was a student playing for that female team when Isaiah Thomas got accused of sexual harassment?

Just because you're paying me or my s/o for their services doesn't mean I have to shut up and let you do something I disagree with.

If your girl's boss started doing some shady or disrespectful ass ? to her, you just gonna sit back and let her get hoe'd because she's getting paid?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The fact that people are saying Ayesha should just shut up instead of being more objective and thoughtful before speaking says something about y'all.

If I'm Steph, I'm letting my girl or someone in my circle be my spokesperson to say all the ? I would get fined for saying. Do you know it's $25,000 if a player criticizes a referee. If their wife criticizes a ref, there ain't a damn thing the league can do about it.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that people are saying Ayesha should just shut up instead of being more objective and thoughtful before speaking says something about y'all.

If I'm Steph, I'm letting my girl or someone in my circle be my spokesperson to say all the ? I would get fined for saying. Do you know it's $25,000 if a player criticizes a referee. If their wife criticizes a ref, there ain't a damn thing the league can do about it.

Bruh, two things

1. Its not that serious. She aint speaking out against social injustice. She cryin about the league instead of looking at the reality that her husband got worked over. They lost cuz they played ? . Sayin the league is corrupt is some spoiled i aint get my way brat ? . Thats why ppl feel ahe should ?

2. Aint now way Ima sit back and let my wife speak up for me outta fear. Thats punk ? . I wouldnt dare let my wife say some ? cuz Im scared to say it and have her facing all the backlash while Im sitting there "she said it not me boss"
  • soul rattler
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »

Bruh, two things

1. Its not that serious. She aint speaking out against social injustice. She cryin about the league instead of looking at the reality that her husband got worked over. They lost cuz they played ? . Sayin the league is corrupt is some spoiled i aint get my way brat ? . Thats why ppl feel ahe should ?

2. Aint now way Ima sit back and let my wife speak up for me outta fear. Thats punk ? . I wouldnt dare let my wife say some ? cuz Im scared to say it and have her facing all the backlash while Im sitting there "she said it not me boss"

1. Don't get me wrong. I don't agree with what she said. I think she's hypocritical as ? considering what's happened the last two seasons. But this thread isn't about WHAT she said, it's about the fact that she said anything at all. As if her status as basketball wife excludes her from speaking in a public forum. That's ? .

2. Who said Steph was afraid? She threw out a tweet while he was probably busy doing who knows what. They probably hadn't even talked before she sent that tweet. She didn't speak on his behalf because he was afraid. My whole point is, there is nothing wrong with a wife speaking on her husband's behalf.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My first thought was, "what happened in the game for her to say that?"

Not, "she better shut up before ? hear."
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only here so i wont get fined
    When I read their tweets, I suspect that this is how I sound offering my input in the Cheap Seats

She can have her opinion but she just called out her husband's EMPLOYER... the employer that btw is paying him $100 million and just named him the most valuable player of their association. She might wanna close her teeth.

What if it was Chris Paul's wife speaking out against Donald Sterling a couple years ago? What if it was a student playing for that female team when Isaiah Thomas got accused of sexual harassment?

Just because you're paying me or my s/o for their services doesn't mean I have to shut up and let you do something I disagree with.

If your girl's boss started doing some shady or disrespectful ass ? to her, you just gonna sit back and let her get hoe'd because she's getting paid?

Donald Sterling is the owner of a team. There are numerous teams and they are each separately owned and paid for. Speaking out against an owner who made egregious racial comments is certainly not the same as attacking the entire legitimacy of the organization that your husband chooses to actively participate in, and is btw paid quite handsomely to do so.

She did not say "these refs on ? ," or "Cleveland is some crybabies". She discredited the entire organization, which consequently discredits her husband as a champion and those 80 some games that they previously won. That's completely disingenuous. If there was a legitimate problem with those who coordinate the facility and game, you take up your issue with them professionally and privately. Running to Twitter to discuss alleged racial profiling and your overall distrust of the NBA (which pays your bills and keeps your household up and running) is uncalled for.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He pops don't look black. Not even a lil bit
  • soul rattler
    Options

Donald Sterling is the owner of a team. There are numerous teams and they are each separately owned and paid for. Speaking out against an owner who made egregious racial comments is certainly not the same as attacking the entire legitimacy of the organization that your husband chooses to actively participate in, and is btw paid quite handsomely to do so.

She did not say "these refs on ? ," or "Cleveland is some crybabies". She discredited the entire organization, which consequently discredits her husband as a champion and those 80 some games that they previously won. That's completely disingenuous. If there was a legitimate problem with those who coordinate the facility and game, you take up your issue with them professionally and privately. Running to Twitter to discuss alleged racial profiling and your overall distrust of the NBA (which pays your bills and keeps your household up and running) is uncalled for.

Ayesha Curry does not have the venue nor the standing to approach the league about corrupt officials, much less any supporting evidence.

To be clear, the Warriors pay Steph, not the NBA.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is America. Of course she has a right to say what she wants. But the riggers that just put 100mill and a tv show in her pocket also have the right to put a few million on her head for possibly ruining a multibillion dollar business. If you on the presidents staff and suddenly start exposing his illegal secrets then no one would be surprised if you disappeared.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    This is America. Of course she has a right to say what she wants. But the riggers that just put 100mill and a tv show in her pocket also have the right to put a few million on her head for possibly ruining a multibillion dollar business. If you on the presidents staff and suddenly start exposing his illegal secrets then no one would be surprised if you disappeared.
    The ? ? No they don't and there ain't a tweet on the planet that can ruin a multibillion dollar corporation
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only here so i wont get fined
    kzzl wrote: »
    My first thought was, "what happened in the game for her to say that?"

Not, "she better shut up before ? hear."

If you follow the nba that last part is far from what you would think..

Think about it the power of that tweet that was up for only a few minutes is all people was talking about today on social media... you have to understand what you post and how fast things like this get around now...

• aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »
    Can't teach what you don't know.
    sonya-curry-dancing.gif?w=1000

3429CFDA00000578-0-image-m-63_1463247265104.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    So....what's wrong with her saying the game was possibly rigged, when posters have mention the game been rigged.

im not getting paid
    they are not paying my mortgage

even if thats how she feels...you dont put them on front street like that.

can you imagine your wife showing up at your job saying you boss is ? your co worker ,,,,how would you react
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Delete
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Did she @ anyone of prominence?

No?

Is she not suppose to be his biggest fan?

Then shut the ? up and quit with the hating already.

Most of you that have a negative vote do so out of spite.
    Mad cause you look at your woman with anger in your heart cause she don't show you support 1/10th of your piddly assed dreams.

Mad cause you see what real solidarity looks like and you stuck cause youve grown comfortable in misery and fearful of breaking it off.

cmon bruh....its easy to support when them checks coming in...

the biggest cheerleader rides for her hubby but knows to talk ? in the house.
    where was the rigged during the 73-9 run

that is a huge accusation that could have global effects is its true....
    but look at what she could have fukked up and yet her lips was closed when she opened her legs to steph.
    her lips was closed when she knew he was rich from his dad playing that rigged sport.
    that rigged sport helped alot of inner city kids whether directly or indirectly.
    her cooking show is not because of skill but because of her husbands participation in this "rigged " game.
    if she had to give all her money back would she still fell the same or would she be like "i was tripping"
    regardless of how i fell about steph..to start on any team you need to work hard....he did thru college, high school, and now the pros.

so shes willing to make him an outcast and ? on all his hard work......for what...

one call..maybe 6. but he got into the history books more than once this year...just this year.
    hes named along side of greats and his team is compared to other great teams.

all that could be wiped away

think about that

if i was steph...id fukk that mystery chick, have another riley and wouldnt answer my phone for weeks then come home and threaten to beat her ass for risking "our" livelihood

this is how chicks treat you when you light skinned and ligh in the ass. 0le squirrel chest ?
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This wouldn't even be a conversation if the players had an ownership stake in the team they played for.

People love America so much, even though this country hates you so much. Use your "freedom of speech" and people attack you for it. Employers fine you for it. Media, a free speech ? , will crucify for it. This society is delusional. The fact that we give this much focus to a deleted tweet with merit is outrageous. Isn't it ironic that players are obligated to speak to the media then get condemned in the rare instance they tell the truth?

At the end of the day it is just a game. Ayesha wasn't stupid or out of pocket. She gave a fact. For the ESPN critics like Stephen A's ? who said "Ayesha is just upset that her husband lost two games in a row." Like the GSW didn't lose two straight to the Thunder in the last series. Did she say the league was rigged then? The "sore loser" narrative is without merit. She has a right to an opinion independent of her husband, the league, and the league-sponsored media.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    You ? going all the way left field.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    The world would be a better place if ppl spoke out on ? they know about.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Isn't it ironic that players are obligated to speak to the media then get condemned in the rare instance they tell the truth?

It's a setup.

They have to speak to the media after the game but if they give anything other than a generic 'water is wet' answer, they are ridiculed and at worst, fined thousands of dollars.

That's why I like people like Greg Popavich, Russell Westbrook, and Kobe Bryant. They treat the media like the hoes they are.