Should athletes wives/girlfriends be only seen and not heard?

Options

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have the right to voice their opinion like anyway else
    I believe in freedom of speech. Worrying about ppls reaction isnt a concern. I also strongly believe in handling my work issues myself. I don't want my woman, or anyone else, speaking up for me. That's my responsibility....
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Did she @ anyone of prominence?

No?

Is she not suppose to be his biggest fan?

Then shut the ? up and quit with the hating already.

Most of you that have a negative vote do so out of spite.
    Mad cause you look at your woman with anger in your heart cause she don't show you support 1/10th of your piddly assed dreams.

Mad cause you see what real solidarity looks like and you stuck cause youve grown comfortable in misery and fearful of breaking it off.

cmon bruh....its easy to support when them checks coming in...

the biggest cheerleader rides for her hubby but knows to talk ? in the house.
    where was the rigged during the 73-9 run

that is a huge accusation that could have global effects is its true....
    but look at what she could have fukked up and yet her lips was closed when she opened her legs to steph.
    her lips was closed when she knew he was rich from his dad playing that rigged sport.
    that rigged sport helped alot of inner city kids whether directly or indirectly.
    her cooking show is not because of skill but because of her husbands participation in this "rigged " game.
    if she had to give all her money back would she still fell the same or would she be like "i was tripping"
    regardless of how i fell about steph..to start on any team you need to work hard....he did thru college, high school, and now the pros.

so shes willing to make him an outcast and ? on all his hard work......for what...

one call..maybe 6. but he got into the history books more than once this year...just this year.
    hes named along side of greats and his team is compared to other great teams.

all that could be wiped away

think about that

if i was steph...id fukk that mystery chick, have another riley and wouldnt answer my phone for weeks then come home and threaten to beat her ass for risking "our" livelihood

this is how chicks treat you when you light skinned and ligh in the ass. 0le squirrel chest ?

KMzYj.gif

aye am i wrong tho...

if he didnt earn a living.....where would she be...
    h wait he came from money...but the fact still remains

she biting the hand that feeds them
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why do y'all insist on applying broke 9-5 logic to mafuckas who can stop working right now and live better than royalty?
    lol@biting the hand that feeds you. they aint coming to take them millions back from Dell... yeah Dell. these aint rags to riches kids. these rich kids who are now more rich.
    lmao
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Bottom line is you can't complain about something being rigged if your husband is one of the ppl that benefits from it.

yes u can. as soon as u feel like u not benefitting.

• Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as she isn't talking about other players personally then, she good.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that people are saying Ayesha should just shut up instead of being more objective and thoughtful before speaking says something about y'all.

If I'm Steph, I'm letting my girl or someone in my circle be my spokesperson to say all the ? I would get fined for saying. Do you know it's $25,000 if a player criticizes a referee. If their wife criticizes a ref, there ain't a damn thing the league can do about it.

Its not abouz criticism its about ? on the system
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? important for yall who will be part of a Corporation.
    Corruption accusation
    Cheating/rigg accusation without proof is tantamount to a lawsuit and eviction.

She is mrs MVP not mrs Javell Mcgee. Critize the refs, a play, but implying that things are corrupted like that is not good for endorsments and business
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that people are saying Ayesha should just shut up instead of being more objective and thoughtful before speaking says something about y'all.

If I'm Steph, I'm letting my girl or someone in my circle be my spokesperson to say all the ? I would get fined for saying. Do you know it's $25,000 if a player criticizes a referee. If their wife criticizes a ref, there ain't a damn thing the league can do about it.

Its not abouz criticism its about ? on the system

The refs are the system. They're the ones calling the fouls.

I think we should have 4-5 refs per game plus someone constantly looking at replays. That way alot of these goofy calls will stop and players won't fly off the handle so quickly when the refs ? up.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing wrong with her voicing her opinion, it's something the rest of us do everyday. The difference is she's in the spotlight while the rest of us aren't. Everything she says in public will be under a microscope so she should know better than spewing nonsense out of anger.

If she said the refs are making bad calls I don't think anyone would raise an eyebrow to it. But claiming everything is rigged is a whole nother beast that really doesn't make sense. This ain't 2K16, there is no cheat code to make Lebron suddenly start hitting jumpers.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic case of an entitled light skin pretty face woman feeling herself until she is brought back down to earth!

? been feeling herself ever since Drake dropped that 'Chef Curry with the ? ' line which was probably a subliminal to smash on the low!
    Classic case of an entitled light skin pretty face woman feeling herself until she is brought back down to earth!

? been feeling herself ever since Drake dropped that 'Chef Curry with the ? ' line which was probably a subliminal to smash on the low !

lol what
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? been feeling herself ever since Drake dropped that 'Chef Curry with the ? ' line which was probably a subliminal to smash on the low!

? been feeling herself ever since Drake dropped that 'Chef Curry with the ? ' line which was probably a subliminal to smash on the low !

lol what

U aint know? Riley is actually Drakes baby!
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of yall ? must be somebody's bottom ? with all that "Don't question big daddy" logic.

Bruh, are you ? understanding that she benefits from this "rigged" league and has NEVER thrown around these types of accusations when everything was hunky dory? I saw 2 questionable calls outta the 6 against Steph. 2, ? . That's it.

That means that ? ? up on 4 other plays. Not to mention, all the points the Cavs converted off of HIS turnovers and his ? decision making. He was a MAJOR part of why they lost.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to comprehend. Ain't no one being chauvinistic or saying she shouldn't have a platform to speak, it's that her rant was extremely hypocritical.
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    its one tweet.
    she didn't do an investigative documentary.
    her tweet was the equivalent of yelling 'this ? ? up!' out your window.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How dafuq did this thread make 10 pages???
  • Like Water
    Options
    its one tweet.
    she didn't do an investigative documentary.
    her tweet was the equivalent of yelling 'this ? ? up!' out your window.

No, the ? it wasn't. Don't be dense, ? . Replace what she said with "This ? ? up!" and ask yourself if the ramifications and the public condemnation would have been the same.

Smh. Are some of y'all completely oblivious to the way the world works?
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She needs to speak out more
    People love her and her family
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    How dafuq did this thread make 10 pages???

Most of us watch the Finals and are on social media
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, she does have sources that back up her claim. This year between OKC and the Cavs for their respective finals against Golden State has been the most watched NBA in the last few years.

Thursday's game brought in 16 million viewers. Almost double the audience of Jimmy Kimmel and almost 3x as much as Big Bang Theory.

They made $158 million in revenue from ads in a 5 game series last year. That's over 30 million a game. Why wouldn't they want to extend the series and collect more revenue?

And this has been the worst referee calls I've seen for an overall playoff year. From the first round up until now.

And Curry's 5th and 6th fouls should have been no calls. Please tell me how Lebron got knocked to the ground on that last one.
  • Like Water
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    Well, she does have sources that back up her claim. This year between OKC and the Cavs for their respective finals against Golden State has been the most watched NBA in the last few years.

Thursday's game brought in 16 million viewers. Almost double the audience of Jimmy Kimmel and almost 3x as much as Big Bang Theory.

They made $158 million in revenue from ads in a 5 game series last year. That's over 30 million a game. Why wouldn't they want to extend the series and collect more revenue?

And this has been the worst referee calls I've seen for an overall playoff year. From the first round up until now.

And Curry's 5th and 6th fouls should have been no calls. Please tell me how Lebron got knocked to the ground on that last one.

I agree that the officiating has been terrible, but why is this "rigged" ? not an issue until the Warriors are at a disadvantage?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only here so i wont get fined
    Paprika wrote: »

Espn and Turner already payed the nba for the next few years for showing games... nba already got their money.. so every series can be a sweep and guess what aint ? espn and them can do.. so all that "rigged" ? makes no sense..
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the fact they came back from being down 3-1 against OKC and she had nothing to say means a lot
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Some of yall ? must be somebody's bottom ? with all that "Don't question big daddy" logic.

Bruh, are you ? understanding that she benefits from this "rigged" league and has NEVER thrown around these types of accusations when everything was hunky dory? I saw 2 questionable calls outta the 6 against Steph. 2, ? . That's it.

That means that ? ? up on 4 other plays. Not to mention, all the points the Cavs converted off of HIS turnovers and his ? decision making. He was a MAJOR part of why they lost.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to comprehend. Ain't no one being chauvinistic or saying she shouldn't have a platform to speak, it's that her rant was extremely hypocritical.

Uh, did you read the poll option in this very thread? That's exactly what some people are saying.

"She made a dumb comment" and "She should stay silent and not comment at all" are two different things. I agree with the former and disagree with the latter.

That's what SOME of yall aren't getting. And then you're strattling the fence saying "She should only say some things but not other things". Now you're trying to pick and choose what she can and cannot say like there aren't hundreds of millions of other opinions out there on the very same subject. I don't give a damn who she's married to, if she wants to emotionally react to the game, let her. Everyone else does. Ya'll look dumb as ? trying to tell a stranger not to speak over the internet.