P.M. Dawn's Prince Be -- Dead at 46

Options

Comments

• double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alright, you cats grew up different than me...

P.M. Dawn was pumpin' out of your cars as you drove through the neighborhood, I guess

not mentioning the Prince Be / KRS-ONE connection is like not mentioning the Tupac / Biggie connection, however

not disrespect... hiphop history @5grand

It's Always that one ? in every thread smh...rip

• KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    "Die Without You" was my favorite PM Dawn song. That scene in Boomerang when Eddie Murphy makes up with Halle Berry and it plays in the background......classic.

R.I.P.

2016 is a ? .

https://youtu.be/C_qWlPCEnGM

I can't even front,
    This song was my ? ..

This was my ? . RIP
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    rip..... pm dawn is the og bad boy puff & big swagger jacked them
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP...

Homie was young...

And the whole KRS beef started cause he said...

"KRS-One wants to be a teacher, but a teacher of what?"

In a Details interview...
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember he had this over song w/ John Forte and one of the Marley boys for some Marlon Wayans movie back in the day. It has a similar vibe to "Hold On We're Going Home" by Drake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXiY55ePskE
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

P.M. Dawn was pumpin' out of your cars as you drove through the neighborhood, I guess

not mentioning the Prince Be / KRS-ONE connection is like not mentioning the Tupac / Biggie connection, however

Just saw that Set A Drift Of Memory Bliss was a number 1 hit in the U.S and was in the top 20 in like 13 different countries....There's a huge world outside of your neighborhood...lol
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's up with all these cats in their 40's dying?

Eating non healthy foods because they taste good, and refusing to exercise.
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn never knew homie was from Jersey City. RIP
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Die Without You" was my favorite PM Dawn song. That scene in Boomerang when Eddie Murphy makes up with Halle Berry and it plays in the background......classic.

R.I.P.

2016 is a ? .

Every time I think of this song then I think of that part in Boomerang
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    a_list wrote: »

Just saw that Set A Drift Of Memory Bliss was a number 1 hit in the U.S and was in the top 20 in like 13 different countries....There's a huge world outside of your neighborhood...lol

You are trying to be slick but a lot of wack ? was number 1 in the U.S. and around the world

so what?

were you driving down the street pumping Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" outta your ride, too?

? outta here...

PM Dawn was at their most popular in what... november 1991?

In 1991, the songs I was pumping were "Can't Truss It" by Public Enemy or "Check the Rhyme" by Tribe

? , even "Summertime" by Fresh Prince was a dope track that came out huge that year for a party jam or "O.P.P." by Naughty by Nature...

No dudes were playing PM Dawn on their systems... we were clownin' that...

Sometimes I question if half the cats on the IC even know what they are talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yjd1hLJSKg

• warren98
    warren98 Members Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP.

Weeknd is todays version.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @whoseworldisthis this is not the thread or the time for all that

If you don't like 'em don't troll the thread or don't post at all
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

? in the thread in G&S crying.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah ? , i don't want to be a hypocrite.

http://articles.philly.com/1995-09-22/news/25719265_1_raymond-second-degree-charge-burlington-county-prosecutor-s-office
    A member of a popular psychedelic hip-hop band whose music is full of religious references has been arrested in Burlington County on charges of having sex with a 14-year-old relative.

Jarrett F. Cordes, 24, of Jersey City, one-half of the musical duo P.M.

Dawn, was arrested Tuesday outside the victim's home in Burlington County and charged with aggravated sexual assault and child abuse.

According to Burlington County Prosecutor Stephen G. Raymond, the girl was a "close relative" of Cordes', but declined to be more specific.

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to dude.....

Yeah, that scene on "Boomerang" was classic with that track playing. But dude wasn't the best of health for a while now. They was on some show were old groups were performing they hit tracks and they had to carry him on stage due to his health....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4QnLwgxFk
  • whoseworldisthis
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

? ' snitch reported me to the mods... what part of the game is that?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude, if you don't like PM Dawn that's your opinion but this isn't the time or place to be negative.
  • whoseworldisthis
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Dude, if you don't like PM Dawn that's your opinion but this isn't the time or place to be negative.

one cat in PM Dawn is an accused kiddie diddler, the other one has died and had stopped touring years ago for health reasons... what is PM Dawn in 2016 is Prince Be's cousin who took over the group

you cats need a reality check for who you claim to be idolizing
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are trying to be slick but a lot of wack ? was number 1 in the U.S. and around the world

so what?

were you driving down the street pumping Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" outta your ride, too?

? outta here...

In 1991, the songs I was pumping were "Can't Truss It" by Public Enemy or "Check the Rhyme" by Tribe

? , even "Summertime" by Fresh Prince was a dope track that came out huge that year for a party jam or "O.P.P." by Naughty by Nature...

Sometimes I question if half the cats on the IC even know what they are talking about

The point I'm making is it doesnt matter if me or you was bumping it...91 I wasnt old enough to drive, so...But anyways....I heard PM Dawn songs on the radio, saw videos and people playing it in their cars....So if you clowned the dudes, it didnt count if the girls were listnening? I can list at ton of songs from 91 and the thing about it from what I remember there was a lot more versatility...I dropped the stats b, and if you think the ? is wack, cool, but it got play around the world....
  • whoseworldisthis
    Options

so what?

? outta here...

The point I'm making is it doesnt matter if me or you was bumping it...91 I wasnt old enough to drive, so...But anyways....I heard PM Dawn songs on the radio, saw videos and people playing it in their cars....So if you clowned the dudes, it didnt count if the girls were listnening? I can list at ton of songs from 91 and the thing about it from what I remember there was a lot more versatility...I dropped the stats b, and if you think the ? is wack, cool, but it got play around the world....

So fast forward to 20 years from now and say you hear that one of the members of Rae Sremmurd has died...

are you going to act like Swae Lee's death is on a comparable level to Pac or B.I.G. ?

reminisce about how they had the "streets locked down" in 2016?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to be doing something with yourself buddy, use your energy more usefully than roasting a dude that died a day ago when others wanna just say r.i.p

Relax with all that negative energy. It's not good for your soul