Fair or Foul: Women Anonymously Discuss Regretting Having Their Children and Becoming Single Mothers

Options

Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ "Bein' a single mother isn't for everyone" its not for anyone fam. Even if you don't struggle with money, its a lonely existence

A single mother is an unmarried mother so are we talking about single mothers who have no father for their children and no family and no friends? Because yes I can see that being a lonely existence. otherwise it's just ? hard if you have those things, some or all.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Having children is not really as stressful as some people make it out to be as long as you can a decent job children are not that stressful
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm noticing in a lot of these stories these broads just sat there and got talked into having a baby by a man even though they wanted to get rid of it. Lmao like really you basically got hoodwinked into being a single mother. 'Never let ? make you a mother before love makes you a wife.'

This

In most of these posts these females are still refusing to take responsibility

They think forcing a child on a man is gonna make a man stay but it usually does the opposite
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better they speak that truth than throw out the garbage rhetoric of "my child was a blessing!"
  • Westie
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    lol @ "Bein' a single mother isn't for everyone" its not for anyone fam. Even if you don't struggle with money, its a lonely existence

A single mother is an unmarried mother so are we talking about single mothers who have no father for their children and no family and no friends? Because yes I can see that being a lonely existence. otherwise it's just ? hard if you have those things, some or all.

Don't do this, @Westie.

Do what? I'm asking what he meant. Why don't you ever shut up the ? that say outrageous things? I didn't even say anything out of pocket.
  • Westie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Having children is not really as stressful as some people make it out to be as long as you can a decent job children are not that stressful

If you think that you're a ? parent.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally know a broad like this.

She let a ? ? smash raw-dog & seed her up, then bounced (no surprise there).

Now she works at ? job, with ? hours, and ? pay.

Now she complains about how her son is holding her back in life. "Nobody wants a single mom, ? wanna take me to Jarred, (not for a ring) but for a smash & dash."

I told her (after I smashed) that you can't let these nig-nogs go ? just because they said they'll pull out. At the end of the day, we all make the bed we sleep in.

LMAO

Haha, shame on me for going after "low hanging fruit."

That round apple just looked too juicy to pass up. B)
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it's different for women than men. I wouldn't say being a parent isn't stressful, but I've noticed my wife tends to stress more and over more things than me. That's why you need two parents because both ways of going about things have merit.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it? So you can't feel fulfilled without a man?

You can't be surrounded by friends and family and your child and feel whole?

I think that statement is a bit general.

Being a single parent is hard, but so are plenty of things in life.
  • Westie
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    Single parenthood seems like it'd be an absolute nightmare tbh. Having kids is hard enough with 2 people, I can't even fathom having to take care of them alone. You know, unlike when you are babysitting those lil ? never leave!

It depends on the type of person you are. Some women weren't made to be mothers and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some women find joy in motherhood even at its lowest points.
  • Westie
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

You need a ? to do everything or you're worthless on the IC.

I'm sure none of these ? were raised by single mothers though.
  • Westie
    Options

I think it's different for women than men. I wouldn't say being a parent isn't stressful, but I've noticed my wife tends to stress more and over more things than me. That's why you need two parents because both ways of going about things have merit.

Need is subjective. Ideally two parents are great but that's not everyone's reality. There are a lot of things in this world you do to the best of your ability regardless of your circumstances, and you can still do them well. Single motherhood and fatherhood is one of those things.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes you pick the hand, and sometimes you're given the hand. Either way u gotta play it. Regrets will destroy you if you allow them. Do this thread with women in these same situations who had the children aborted and the OP will probably be longer.
  • Westie
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • Westie
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Sometimes you pick the hand, and sometimes you're given the hand. Either way u gotta play it. Regrets will destroy you if you allow them. Do this thread with women in these same situations who had the children aborted and the OP will probably be longer.

Truth.com
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

By single mother, I mean mother who doesn't live with her partner or isn't in a committed relationship with the child's father or a step father.
    Kat wrote: »

It may be a general statement but its generally true. I never said you can't be fulfilled without a man. There are many ways to lead a full life without gettin' married or bein' in a long term relationship. This is about actual day to day life though. Its cool when your mum is nice and visits a lot and helps out and your friends come over every now and then to take the kid out and babysit so you can try get back out there but most days from after you wake up early to take the pitny dem to school, you're alone until they get back. Then when they do get back you can't have real conversations with them. I kno' parents all think their kids are smart and mature but its not the same as talkin' to an adult. After bed time its the same ? .

You could even have a job and a decent social life (rare) but still a child is a burden and if you have to suffer it alone, you're gonna be lonely.

Personally though, no sympathy from me man how you gettin' finessed into havin' a child? We all kno' men ain't a damn thing. The ones whose guys left after like 4 years though wooooo ? .
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread has a zionist media agenda feel just springing up on Father's Day like this.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its cool when your child finally becomes old enough to have a proper conversation with though. I kno' a lotta people who are like best friends with their mums, who tend to be quite youngish