The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    When Mark Jackson was the coach the ball was primarily in Currys hands to either score or be a facilitator, that all changed when Kerr took over and now he's made Steph primarily a 3 PT shooter that rarely attacks the basket for easy 2's. ? , he doesn't even let Klay Thompson post up anymore and now it's Klay being the one having to attack off the dribble if a defender is up on him crowding his space. Steve Kerr is the person responsible for the way Curry and Klay plays now
    So Kerr is responsible for the last two MVP trophies? Cool

Kerr took them to heights Jackson never came close to. 140 regular season wins over 2 seasons and were 1 win away from back to back championships. Miss me with that Kerr hate...if you're gonna criticize him to defend Mark Jackson.

There is a clear stylistic difference in the way Curry played under Jackson and under Kerr. It's not hate, but Kerr made plenty of bone head decisions in the finals. Maybe it's time to integrate some new schemes over the summer. Less forced threes and more easy baskets is all he's saying.

I agree, but I don't like people who use Mark Jackson to critique Kerr. Mark do great things in Oakland, but if his way was the right way he'd still be in Oakland. The Warriors have been a historically great offense under Kerr. His team choked away a ring. He's definitely not above ciriticism.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Josina anderson looking good as ? on espn
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Draymond ? cost them the series.Shouts to the cavs tho they did it I was low key pullin for them to win last night

All the cats who said curry the best player in the league exposed themselves remember who wasn't sayin that non sense.Curry is not the best player in the nba you caught in the moment dickriders/the media tried to crown him too early he's the best offensive player/shooter that's it

Revisionist history.

Curry arguably had the best regular season in league history. This year, he was the best player in the league for 82 games. - Lebron close second.

Curry dissapeared/chocked in the Finals and got outplayed by the stars on the opposing side.

Wait, hold up ... I think I can remember another player doing that as well while playing a Dallas team...

Damn, Oh well... It'll come to me.

Don't mean that guy wasn't the best player in the league that year.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/538498/who-is-the-best-player-in-the-nba#latest

This is your thread.
    S2J wrote: »
    Too many people on cheapseats are afriad to change their mind with new information

For cryin out loud i voted for LeBron at the time . Then Steph showed he's taken it to another level and clearly its beyond debate he's #1. Simple.
    ...And it aint even close.

You cosigned these posts now all of a sudden the goal post is moved and it's who had the best regular season and not who's the best player in the league Foh Hit dogs holla

Dude - What are you talkin about?

How does consigning that post contradict what I just said?

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Remember Miami fans chanting lebron needs riley

Come on fam...Lol

U lost a avi bet?

Nah son Jersey in the building

I refuse to rock a JR Smith avi
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That lebron block was huge but this was the defensive sequence of the game imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4KgZ_oxzo

Gs down 3 and curry had love on an island,if curry hits the 3 crowd goes crazy tie game and the warriors woulda got the ball back with 5-6 seconds left

C'mon now. No need to try n be different. That block is the best defensive play maybe in playoff history let alone the game

Great D by Love but they been doin that for 2 years now vs Steph. Mozgov and Thompson. When a dude is hellbent on shooting a 3 its not as hard as it should be to guard him. He coulda blew by Love 3 times but cavs bigs stayed disciplined and played the 3
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't making no excuses for dude but I think Curry really was/is hurt.

He played extremely timid. He didn't make the same moves or cuts that he'd used to. Everything was a jumper. He played like the rookie/sophomore version of himself. When a big switched on him he couldn't take advantage of the mismatch. Love and TT played good defense on him almost all series.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My sources told me kerr might replace Walton with mike Brown or another black guy who I can't remember right now
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's easy to look back and say they should've been resting guys back in March instead of chasing the record.

Them ? bodies broke down at the worst time , bogut curry and iggy injuries happened at the worst possible time lol
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Draymond ? cost them the series.Shouts to the cavs tho they did it I was low key pullin for them to win last night

All the cats who said curry the best player in the league exposed themselves remember who wasn't sayin that non sense.Curry is not the best player in the nba you caught in the moment dickriders/the media tried to crown him too early he's the best offensive player/shooter that's it

Revisionist history.

Curry arguably had the best regular season in league history. This year, he was the best player in the league for 82 games. - Lebron close second.

Curry dissapeared/chocked in the Finals and got outplayed by the stars on the opposing side.

Wait, hold up ... I think I can remember another player doing that as well while playing a Dallas team...

Damn, Oh well... It'll come to me.

Don't mean that guy wasn't the best player in the league that year.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/538498/who-is-the-best-player-in-the-nba#latest

This is your thread.
    Too many people on cheapseats are afriad to change their mind with new information

For cryin out loud i voted for LeBron at the time . Then Steph showed he's taken it to another level and clearly its beyond debate he's #1. Simple.
    ...And it aint even close.

You cosigned these posts now all of a sudden the goal post is moved and it's who had the best regular season and not who's the best player in the league Foh Hit dogs holla

Dude - What are you talkin about?

How does consigning that post contradict what I just said?

You're cosigning a post saying steph curry is the best player in the league and it aint even close.

Now all of a sudden it's 'he had the best regular season' you hedging on what you said cuz you look stupid it's not that hard to comprehend doggie
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He played extremely timid. He didn't make the same moves or cuts that he'd used to. Everything was a jumper. He played like the rookie/sophomore version of himself. When a big switched on him he couldn't take advantage of the mismatch. Love and TT played good defense on him almost all series.

Last year whenever a big switched on him it was a bucket every time. They just ran outta gas
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    That lebron block was huge but this was the defensive sequence of the game imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4KgZ_oxzo

Gs down 3 and curry had love on an island,if curry hits the 3 crowd goes crazy tie game and the warriors woulda got the ball back with 5-6 seconds left

C'mon now. No need to try n be different. That block is the best defensive play maybe in playoff history let alone the game

Great D by Love but they been doin that for 2 years now vs Steph. Mozgov and Thompson. When a dude is hellbent on shooting a 3 its not as hard as it should be to guard him. He coulda blew by Love 3 times but cavs bigs stayed disciplined and played the 3

That Lebron block happened with 1:50 left in a tie game several things could of happened afterwards if iggy made that lay up to change the outcome of the game.Love is a terrible defender on the best offensive player in the league up 3 with 40 seconds left we've seen curry pull from damn near half court the fact love stayed in front of him, contested and made curry take an off balance 3 that he missed was more important imo especially when curry hits 3's like lay ups.
  • RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I will say this. Find it interesting that they calling curry a fraud but they wouldn't dare to put an asterisk or call the championship a lucky win by the Cavs.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't have it both ways.

Either Curry was great, he helped make that team great, And Lebron pulled off one of the greatest Championship runs in NBA history.

Or that team was a fluke, and Curry's a Fraud. And Lebron just had a meh run in the playoffs.
  • Da12RespectA
    Da12RespectA Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RXMasked wrote: »
    I will say this. Find it interesting that they calling curry a fraud but they wouldn't dare to put an asterisk or call the championship a lucky win by the Cavs.

Lucky win?
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So name 4 players better than LeBron....
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always used to think of LeBron like a modern day Wilt

the stats and the physical gifts only!!! but he silenced all critics ...including me . I was wrong about the bull . he solidified a Top 5 spot of all time for me. to beat a 73 win team is legendary stuff . warriors lost 2 homes game all season and the cavs beat them twice. I stand corrected on LBJ as a player.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BRON WAS IN MY TOP 5 BEFORE LAST NIGHT... AFTER LAST NIGHT, HE WILL NEVER LOSE THAT SPOT... DUDE CAN GONE ON AND RETIRE NOW IF HE WANTS TO
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder what the Cavs will look like next season. They definitely need a slasher at the 2 or the 3 who can play defense
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Last year whenever a big switched on him it was a bucket every time. They just ran outta gas

Nope. Mozgov.. .MOZGOV , was containing Steph on switches

Steph doesn't work in the mid range enough. Not downplaying those bigs at all but when a ? JUST wants to shoot a 3 and you can give him the layup, its not AS hard as it looks
    to just guard that. Not easy, but to compare, no big would ever be ablr to guard a Kyrie, a Wstbrook, a Wall as often as bigs guard Steph

That's on Steph. He's reversing traditional bball logic. At every level, when a big is on a PG whats the first thng you say : blow by him! Steph does the opposite
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tristan thompson last year was switching on curry and did a good job staying in front he has the lateral speed for a big to do that,yesterday curry crossed him and splashed a deep 3 in his face.THAT is why I said loves defensive sequence was impressive and the biggest of the game
This discussion has been closed.