Woat job you ever worked? How long did it take you to quit/get fired

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
If this thread doesnt flop ill post a story.

Comments

• Max.
    Options
    rebootx1 wrote: »
    Warehouse job, white dude that was manager nick named "bro" basically we made shorthand typewriters for court reporters, dude was a straight pick, fired during Christmas party

Gota drop post why u got fired
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    washing cars at Enterprise Car Rental

during winter. them 32 degrees and under temperature was the worst. quit in april that year. 2007
  • WiseKing
    WiseKing Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Options
    cleaning charter buses with some mexicans. Cleaning the bus with toothbrushes. I lasted a week, it was straight slavce work.
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never had a bad job per se. Had a gig at my school's golf course. I was a golf course assistant. Essentially clean the carts, pick the ? and wash clubs. It was chill, except weekends when it got hectic.

Pay was $7.25 an hour, but I would clear like $50 in tips. So usually my daily take away was mlre like $14 an hour. Not bad for a 19 yr college student.

Only prob was the upper management didnt seem to fond of me. I was this Nigerian dude who spoke about soccer and traveling while they wanted to talk about golf and beer.

Was there for about 3-4 months until the end of golfing season in fall. They never called me up for the next year.
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OOOOOOOOO

Just remembered the first job I had in Nigeria. This thing put me on the struggle of what the average Nigerian goes through.

After I finished my last set of exams in high school, I had about 2 months before the actual graduation ceremony.

My dad thought it be good for me to get some working experience to see how average people lived.

He talked to his friend and I worked construction for 2 months.

BOYYYYY!!! That ? aint no joke. Had to be at the site by 7:30am and wasnt getting home till 5:30. It was hot and sticky all the time (this is Abuja, Nigeria 85 degree heat my ? ).

Anyway, the people I worked with were pretty cool and the warehouse we were building was pretty cool.

What made my stay much better were these 2 ladies I used to see.

One lady was a project engineer, Halimah and she had this MASSIVE donk. I tried to finesse but her brother was my good coworker and she was about to get married.

The other lady was this lady that had a small restaurant where the construction workers (60+) would go buy lunch. She was from Benin (country near Nigeria) and had a foolishly ridiculous donk.

I could tell she was looking for a ? with bread and would ask me to use my phone and flirt and stuff. But the 17 yr old me didnt want to be ouvert because there were other workers there. I'd try to catch her after work but we could never link up. Asked for number but she said she didnt have a phone, proposed me to get her a phone (phones here like 40, but I was like nah).

Anyway, we could never properly link up.

Oh and the job? Paid 15,000 naira a month (at that time, about $100).

Funny thing is this, at the end of it all, I didnt even get paid. The client who was meant to pay us ran out of bread so they froze up the project.

I didnt get my paycheck until 1 year later.

P.S. about the lady, she moved back to Benin. I went back to the finished site last December and asked after her.
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Don't have any crazy bad job stories, but I worked at hardees as a teen during the summer through October of my Senior year of high school. This was also during the time when hardees sold chicken, biscuits, and other sides as well. I hated coming home smelling like burgers, biscuits, and chicken all mixed together. It was in a military town by Ft. Stewart, Ga so you had alot of military dependents being ? in the drivethru. Of course family and friends came through thinking I was supposed to give them the hook up everytime they came in.

I had a manager who was just a ? , and thought this was a career. I woke up one Saturday morning and just decided I wasn't coming back. I remember when I went in to pick up my last check, they had me sign some exit paperwork stating that I could never work at Hardees again because I didn't give notice. I just laughed and walked off.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bouncer in the hood when I was younger. I always been a big dude when breaking up a fight and knocking a ? out in self defense and three of his boys pulled out there strap I decided on the spot that I was going to get an education and a nice high paying office job.

Few years later and after joining the army I almost have my bachelors and a decent job paying well. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND BEING A BOUNCER!!! Only perk is chicks use to ? us to get in.
  • Max.
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Bouncer in the hood when I was younger. I always been a big dude when breaking up a fight and knocking a ? out in self defense and three of his boys pulled out there strap I decided on the spot that I was going to get an education and a nice high paying office job.

Few years later and after joining the army I almost have my bachelors and a decent job paying well. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND BEINGBA BOUNCER!!! Only perk is chicks use to ? us to get in.

No lie very good chance my next job is a bouncer
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Few years later and after joining the army I almost have my bachelors and a decent job paying well. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND BEINGBA BOUNCER!!! Only perk is chicks use to ? us to get in.

No lie very good chance my next job is a bouncer

Don't. If you honestly are looking at being a bouncer then you should just take a step up the ladder and be a security guard for a private facilitate or mall, and get a handgun permit.
    Bouncer is such a ? job and club/bar owners are maybe just a step above car dealers, and shuckster lawyers/public defenders, overall just ? people who will try to cheat you out of your pay
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medical Courier. Did that for over 3 years. Was already thinking about quitting because they didn't want to promote me for various reasons. Made it easier to leave when they shorted my pay on one check
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jniam wrote: »
    OOOOOOOOO

Just remembered the first job I had in Nigeria. This thing put me on the struggle of what the average Nigerian goes through.

After I finished my last set of exams in high school, I had about 2 months before the actual graduation ceremony.

My dad thought it be good for me to get some working experience to see how average people lived.

He talked to his friend and I worked construction for 2 months.

BOYYYYY!!! That ? aint no joke. Had to be at the site by 7:30am and wasnt getting home till 5:30. It was hot and sticky all the time (this is Abuja, Nigeria 85 degree heat my ? ).

Anyway, the people I worked with were pretty cool and the warehouse we were building was pretty cool.

What made my stay much better were these 2 ladies I used to see.

One lady was a project engineer, Halimah and she had this MASSIVE donk. I tried to finesse but her brother was my good coworker and she was about to get married.

The other lady was this lady that had a small restaurant where the construction workers (60+) would go buy lunch. She was from Benin (country near Nigeria) and had a foolishly ridiculous donk.

I could tell she was looking for a ? with bread and would ask me to use my phone and flirt and stuff. But the 17 yr old me didnt want to be ouvert because there were other workers there. I'd try to catch her after work but we could never link up. Asked for number but she said she didnt have a phone, proposed me to get her a phone (phones here like 40, but I was like nah).

Anyway, we could never properly link up.

Oh and the job? Paid 15,000 naira a month (at that time, about $100).

Funny thing is this, at the end of it all, I didnt even get paid. The client who was meant to pay us ran out of bread so they froze up the project.

I didnt get my paycheck until 1 year later.

P.S. about the lady, she moved back to Benin. I went back to the finished site last December and asked after her.

The whole time I'm thinking do you got pics
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was living in Portsmouth, Virginia at the time. Place is like a country ghetto. The main generational source of income to sustain a family was working at the Naval Shipyard.

I got a gig digging ditches there (in ? gasoline). First day on the job and I'm being tortured by thoughts of "how the ? did my life turn out like this? I wanted to be a fireman when I grew up."

My Brother was in the Navy at the time and he was always in trouble. Around 10:00 a.m, I made up my mind to quit. After inhaling those fumes & getting gasoline on my pants I bounced at 10:15.

As I was walking down the street, I saw my Brother walking up behind me. I asked him, "? are you doing here? He said shiiit, I just walked off the ship, ? this Navy ? , I'm going AWOL!!"

We caught the city bus home together, played Madden, and blazed one together. I stayed unemployed for the rest of the Summer, and he eventually got kicked out the Navy.

LOL! I was stationed up there.

I worked as that security guard at Grinders a lapdance club in Portsmouth. Long story short. I ? so many women there but one mfer threatened my life after we kicked him out. He came back the next day so we whooped his ass. I knew I had to quit cause that ? was on repeat every week. The amount of ? was hard to give up.

Had another security job a the food lion in Churchland, VA. Same ? but them mfers rob the place. No more.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Cutco knives. My first job out of high school they sent me a letter in the mail saying they wanted to interview me then hold orientation afterwards. I was so gassed like yeah im about to make real money. First day walked in there with my shirt and tie on thinking ? was all good lol they did all this stalling then told us what we were gonn try to sell and it was some damn knives. Folks started laughing and clownin the presenter and he got mad af. They let us out for break or something and i swear half the folks left

I did Cutco as well after freshman year in college. Same exact thing, super vague description then you had a presentation with some clown cutting ropes and pennies with a knife. Left after the first day...
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only time I ever worked in fast food was Burger King when I was 16. Only lasted about a month.

The shift manager was a white lady whose name I don't even remember. But she had a form of dwarfism and a DJ Paul from Three 6 Mafia arm.
    On top of that, her voice sounded like what Macy Gray must've sounded like at 4 years old so it didn't carry that well and took getting used to.

I never got used to it.

She'd be barking new customers orders and everyone more accustomed to her voice would respond accordingly but me. She she'd get frustrated because she actually have to scurry her little ass back to where I was at the broiler to hear her.

I'd just laugh at her frustrations like fuckit.

The only other black dude that worked my shift wore shorts with long socks and wanted to talk about fixin up old school cars all the time.

Ironically the last night I ever worked there I had a good night. I was cracking jokes with my coworkers and showing some personality.

Then like homie from Office Space, I didn't really quit, I just stopped going.