When did Jay fell off?

Options

Comments

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    He didn't "fall off".

He gracefully retired at the top of his game and made a couple of comebacks.

His last 3 albums (Magna Carter, Watch The Throne, Blueprint 3) are as good as anybody else's last 3 albums since 2009.

1taf6fhz6j2j.jpg
  • x the unknown
    Options
    Since Black album. Everything since then has been garbage. Its like Martin Lawrence going from classics like Bad Boyz, A Thin Line, to Big Mommas house. A few ? gon still laugh at Big Mommas House, but real ones know that ? is trash. Same with Jay after black album

goat cause of the first two sentences
  • x the unknown
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    he never fell off he just had a couple of subpar albums...I would say magna carter was the sign
    that he can leave gracefully

haa that ? for the 4xkqhjhgxz4t.jpg
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should have stayed retired. Everything after his comeback is straight MJ wizards status...stratch that, that's still too good. it's straight MJ playing baseball status.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Jay doesn't have a Wack album.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Hov hasnt fell off.
    His content has changed.

He's among the last few OG's who can hop on todays hits. I heard a few say they dont care for a Hov verse in 2016. But I get hyped when I hear "Dont Love You No More" & that "All They Way Up". "Lemonade's a popular drink and it still is" was a meh ass line, but all it wouldve took to change it up was a trademark Hov cocky chuckle. NH.
    Huh? You telling me this ? spittin with the same wittiness, flow & charisma he used too? Gtfoh. Jayz now & Jayz then aren't anywhere near being similar. Jay sucks noy
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The second verse of lost one...but then by the third verse he was back on...but then he fell off again by the next song. He just been an off n on type rapper for awhile now
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did he fall off after black album when American gangster is one of the best albums of that decade?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Oh and you ? saying rd was his only great album need to get into another genre cause y'all don't know WTF y'all talking about
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh and you ? saying rd was his only great album need to get into another genre cause y'all don't know WTF y'all talking about

? you mad As ?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options

? you mad As ?

Call me sir next time you quote me you lil ?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Material- wise with Kingdom Come

Flow wise with Kingdom Come

Funny thing is even on the classic American Gangster i remember hearing Say Hello and thinkin 'damn he aint rip his like he would have before'. That beat woulda been food for old jay z

'I aint plaaayin, life short so i aiiiiim'

That same sing-song stuff he doin now lol He never did that before
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok this thread needs a little different spin on it. I will say jay fell off when he started Tidal. ? tidal.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    He should have stayed retired. Everything after his comeback is straight MJ wizards status...stratch that, that's still too good. it's straight MJ playing baseball status.

What's wrong with you ? . Jay is a better lyricist than he was at the time of the black album. American Gangster is his 3rd best album, and everytime he drop a verse it's a platinum thread. Hell, a ? even made a thread and successfully got it stickied(Albeit for a very short time) for an album that nobody on the face of the earth, including Jay has heard about.

I believe he's 3 for 4 on his last 4 public verses. Drug Dealers anonymous(Dope), All the way up(Meh), Seen it all(Classic), We Made It(Classic).

He was spittin on Magna Carta too, the album just got pretty much everything else wrong. If he go back to his roots as an artist, you already know what time it is.

Jay might ebb and flow in quality of albums, but that ? never fell off his whole career.

Ya'll gotta chill.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every since he got filmed with shorts on.

? got Flamingo legs.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Every since he got filmed with shorts on.

? got Flamingo legs.

So you thought he had nice legs before?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay never fell off. His focus shifted. It's clear (to me anyway) that when it comes to albums, his focus is on overall themes and sonically rich production rather than just bars.

Then every blue moon he'll pen a joint like his verse on Drug Dealers Anonymous to let people like the T/S know that ? ain't sweet and he can still get busy at any given moment.
  • asheqmusic
    asheqmusic Members Posts: 2
    Options
    He didn't fall off! He's just getting old, that's like asking when did Michael Jordan fall off? His time just came to move on from the game of basketball. If you heard that "All The Way Up Remix" you'll hear that J still has it.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All women i had cheated..
    IF I was i smart should had forgive them. I always wanted to be a father

I pretty much only come into threads you make for these kind of off topic, emotional soliloquies. They are buried like chunks of comedy gold found within so many layers of muck and mud.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why so much hate for BP3?

It wasn't one of his best albums, but I wouldn't say it was garbage. And it was definitely listenable. Better than BP2

His flow somewhat changed but he was still Jay

Already Home, As Real As it Gets, What We Talkin Bout, Thank You, So Ambitious>>>

Empire State of Mind, Run This Town, A Star Is Born, D.O.A. ....were hit singles/serviceable tracks

I will admit Hate, Mar vs Venus were garbage
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He hit his peak at the black album, kingdom come was wack juice, came back strong with American Gangster.. after that he fell thr ? off imo. He's just living off his name at this point. That's my opinion.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok this thread needs a little different spin on it. I will say jay fell off when he started Tidal. ? tidal.

? man you're as obsessed as gee is about 50
  • irite
    irite Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Options
    He made ghetto techno but ppl think he never fell off lmao
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    irite wrote: »
    He made ghetto techno but ppl think he never fell off lmao

Yeah haha ? is sad. Must be the saddest thing until Mohammed Ali died
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AG was his last hot album. Had some nice verses here and there bp3 had some cuts but the wack outweigh the good. His albums after that I don't care for and I hate when he uses that lazy ads flow where he sounds like he's having a conversation.