Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Hmm I like that parent thing about Rey I hope it's true
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They're saying that they just finished shooting a scene involving the Knight of Ren and Luke.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/06/23/james-earl-jones-confirmed-as-voice-of-darth-vader-in-rogue-one-/7udp4hoo5d41.jpeg

You can breathe a deep, assisted breath of relief: James Earl Jones will voice Darth Vader once again in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The character (and actor)'s return to live action comes after several appearances on the animated series Star Wars Rebels in the emotional second season from 2015-2016.

Darth Vader was largely assumed, but only officially confirmed as appearing in Rogue One yesterday. The Sith Lord kind of has to be involved when you look at the storyline, the timeframe, and the mission involved: This movie takes place shortly before the events of the original Star Wars, now known as Episode IV - A New Hope, when the still-nascent Rebel Alliance sets out to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's terrifying new weapon. It's the first of the new stand alone films, those that aren't being given an Episode number. The Episodic "saga" films will continue to focus on the story of the Skywalker family, while the stand alone films will cover other characters and eras from throughout Star Wars history.

Jones was confirmed in an interview between Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and EW, where it was also revealed he'll only be in the film for a small amount of time.

"He will be in the movie sparingly," Kennedy warned excited fans, "But at a key, strategic moment, he's going to loom large."

It's somewhat natural - just as much as Vader needs to be present at some point in the film, he could also be considerably overpowering, especially when you don't have a Jedi to balance him out.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hits theaters December 16, 2016.

Good to know that James Earl Jones will be voicing Vader, but the reviews for this movie have been horrible.

They're kind of stuck in a difficult spot because they're not really putting it out there that this is actually a stand-alone movie and not a sequel to The Force Awakens.

By not letting people know that, fans are gonna be disappointed and feel like they've been played when they finally realize it after viewing the movie.

On the other hand, if they do heavily promote it as a stand-alone film, then there won't be the same level of anticipation as there would be if it was the next episode in the Star Wars series of films....which would be Episode 8.

Lose-lose situation all the way around.

I knew Disney would mess things up when I made the thread and it looks like it's coming to pass.

Basically, they're gonna try and make as much money as they can off the Star Wars franchise......but end up losing money in the process by not putting out a quality product.
  • deadeye
    edited June 2016
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/06/23/james-earl-jones-confirmed-as-voice-of-darth-vader-in-rogue-one-/7udp4hoo5d41.jpeg

You can breathe a deep, assisted breath of relief: James Earl Jones will voice Darth Vader once again in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The character (and actor)'s return to live action comes after several appearances on the animated series Star Wars Rebels in the emotional second season from 2015-2016.

Darth Vader was largely assumed, but only officially confirmed as appearing in Rogue One yesterday. The Sith Lord kind of has to be involved when you look at the storyline, the timeframe, and the mission involved: This movie takes place shortly before the events of the original Star Wars, now known as Episode IV - A New Hope, when the still-nascent Rebel Alliance sets out to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's terrifying new weapon. It's the first of the new stand alone films, those that aren't being given an Episode number. The Episodic "saga" films will continue to focus on the story of the Skywalker family, while the stand alone films will cover other characters and eras from throughout Star Wars history.

Jones was confirmed in an interview between Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and EW, where it was also revealed he'll only be in the film for a small amount of time.

"He will be in the movie sparingly," Kennedy warned excited fans, "But at a key, strategic moment, he's going to loom large."

It's somewhat natural - just as much as Vader needs to be present at some point in the film, he could also be considerably overpowering, especially when you don't have a Jedi to balance him out.

Good to know that James Earl Jones will be voicing Vader, but the reviews for this movie have been horrible.

They're kind of stuck in a difficult spot because they're not really putting it out there that this is actually a stand-alone movie and not a sequel to The Force Awakens.

By not letting people know that, fans are gonna be disappointed and feel like they've been played when they finally realize it after viewing the movie.

On the other hand, if they do heavily promote it as a stand-alone film, then there won't be the same level of anticipation as there would be if it was the next episode in the Star Wars series of films....which would be Episode 8.

Lose-lose situation all the way around.

I knew Disney would mess things up when I made the thread and it looks like it's coming to pass.

Basically, they're gonna try and make as much money as they can off the Star Wars franchise......but end up losing money in the process by not putting out a quality product.

reviews? they havent' even wrapped up filming wtf are you talking about?

I'm talking about reviews of the trailer.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

I mean, I did say the same thing about the Batman vs. Superman trailer.........and look how that movie turned out:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/543518/bvs-or-capt-america-civil-war/p9

tomlinumadbroface.gif?w=1000
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with you on this. This movie spells flop and feminist agenda.
  • deadeye
    Options

Surprised more people can't see that.

Same thing's going on with the new Ghostbusters movie......and even in the Force Awakens to some extent.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big time and wasted on remakes and sequels instead of creating something original. Bridesmaids will outsell Ghostbusters.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All I needed to hear to watch this one. Wish he was young enough for another Conan movie
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ya'll haters this ? has Donnie Yen bruh
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Surprised more people can't see that.

Same thing's going on with the new Ghostbusters movie......and even in the Force Awakens to some extent.

Flop?

A Star Wars movie w/ Darth Vader flopping?

Nah

And i think Force Awakens did just fine at the box office.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    ? ya'll haters this ? has Donnie Yen bruh

Exactly. Not a star wars fan in the least...only movie I saw was revenge of the sith. But when I seen ip man in the trailer I was sold.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rogue one gonna crush the buildings

Can't wait
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can breathe a deep, assisted breath of relief: James Earl Jones will voice Darth Vader once again in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
    The character (and actor)'s return to live action comes after several appearances on the animated series Star Wars Rebels in the emotional second season from 2015-2016.

Fans_war_face_zpsmxfelxkx.gif
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? might end up being better than Force Awakens. This movie won't have the burden of playing to nostalgia so much and can actually focus on a good story.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm really liking the look of Rogue One, but I think that is because it seems less like a typical Star Wars film. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan anyway (and I'm probably one of two people in the world who thinks George Lucas is a good creative but a terrible filmmaker). If this film is definitely just an excuse for a big-budget heist film with some Star Wars tropes thrown in then I'm interested.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1471036016_154049e298f0d3a54875226cba6e97c5.jpg

1471036017_7d892a40743e43ff3e703dabcbd25281.jpg

Donald Glover Might Play Young Lando Calrissian In Upcoming Star Wars Movie

The studio wants to cast Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian in the upcoming Han Solo movie.

After watching Marvel make a fortune by giving each of its extensive cast of superheroes their own movie, Lucasfilms is now doing the same with Star Wars. In addition to Episodes 7-9, they are producing a Han Solo spinoff currently scheduled for a May 2018 release. They are in the process of casting the film, and according to BirthMoviesDeath, their first choice for young Lando Calrissian is none other than Donald Glover.

As you might recall, Billy Dee Williams aka Gale Sayers portrayed Calrissian in the first Star Wars trilogy. Calrissian was a former pilot and administrator of Cloud City who ultimately assisted the Rebel Alliance in their quest to overthrow Imperial Forces.

Glover as Calrissian is far from a done deal, but intriguing to consider. His FX show "Atlanta" premieres on September 6th

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/donald-glover-might-play-young-lando-calrissian-in-upcoming-star-wars-movie-news.23448.html?image=1
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am a big Donald Glover fan but he is a little too short to play lando.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gambino is 5'10 and Billy Dee is 6 ft.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad he looks short on community. But his other male cast must be tall.