Fiend - Talk It How I Bring It (Throwback Thursday)

Options
JJ_Evans
JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album was not your typical NL album. It wasn't littered with unnecessary features & was actually a very personal album. I think KL produced nearly the entire project and they did most of it in London.

For as much flack as No Limit (and Master P, in particular) caught in 1999, I would argue that all of their artists sophomore albums were better than their debuts at the height of the Tank's popularity. Thuggin, World War III and Street Life were all better than their previous albums.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This album was not your typical NL album. It wasn't littered with unnecessary features & was actually a very personal album. I think KL produced nearly the entire project and they did most of it in London.

For as much flack as No Limit (and Master P, in particular) caught in 1999, I would argue that all of their artists sophomore albums were better than their debuts at the height of the Tank's popularity. Thuggin, World War III and Street Life were all better than their previous albums.

That's an interesting case ur trying to make. I agree and disagree with u on it. I agree wit u on Magic's(R.I.P.) Thuggin' and Mac's World War III were both better than their predecessors. Street life was a great album, but There's one in every family was a better album that Street life. All 3 of the latter albums tho did showcase the artists lyrical abilities and were much more mature, darker, and introspective than the previous ones.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    36 oz
    8000 in grams
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    So underrated, Fiend was nice AF

One of the most underrated MCs of all time. If someone truly studied his catalog, an argument could be made for him being top 15 of all time.

He's a legend in hoods across the country. I've been on the block hustlin, smoking, drinking, shooting dice, and gangbangin while listening to his music. Good times.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    man i was the biggest fiend fan.. ... was 16 when this ? came out and ? couldnt tell me Fiend wasnt the truth lolol.. loved this album

talk it how i bring it
    trip to london
    the rock show
    war for reason
    waiting on ?
    ak'n bad

think my fav track was heart of a ghetto boy... and Mr whomp whomp still get play around my way ..messed with a bunch of No Limit artist.. but Fiend was always my favorite (with Mac 2nd)

Along with the song in the OP, the emboldened was my co-favorite from this album also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDD9pxDcqE
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know call me crazy,but i view Fiend like i view Jada when they're doing features they ? it,but far as their albums go it be ok to me.
    Neither drop that great,or classic album,but drop plenty classic verses on other people songs.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    I don't know call me crazy,but i view Fiend like i view Jada when they're doing features they ? it,but far as their albums go it be ok to me.
    Neither drop that great,or classic album,but drop plenty classic verses on other people songs.

Bro, his album 'There's One in every family' is a classic. I can run it all the way through without skipping.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    man i was the biggest fiend fan.. ... was 16 when this ? came out and ? couldnt tell me Fiend wasnt the truth lolol.. loved this album

talk it how i bring it
    trip to london
    the rock show
    war for reason
    waiting on ?
    ak'n bad

think my fav track was heart of a ghetto boy... and Mr whomp whomp still get play around my way ..messed with a bunch of No Limit artist.. but Fiend was always my favorite (with Mac 2nd)

Along with the song in the OP, the emboldened was my co-favorite from this album also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDD9pxDcqE

Man, my favorite song he's made.^^ ? got me through some hard days.

But I remember I use to play the ? outta this song heading to school. I had them ? pulling up in the school parking lot playin this ? Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-jkgbcNtXI
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bumping the whole album now!! good drop TS
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope album......

Mr. Whomp still getting it in w/ Jet Life ain't he?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    So underrated, Fiend was nice AF

One of the most underrated MCs of all time. If someone truly studied his catalog, an argument could be made for him being top 15 of all time.

He's a legend in hoods across the country. I've been on the block hustlin, smoking, drinking, shooting dice, and gangbangin while listening to his music. Good times.

...legend has it that he's been ghost writing for a lot of people.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options

Damn. I didn't know they did a lot of this in London. I guess that explains my second favorite cut off the album, "trip to London". Honorable goes to the intro too, "you hear that? That's the sound of the streets"
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my favorites artist period. Might actually be in my top 5 for sure my top 10.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Him and Mac were the only thing worth a damn on NO Limit

Mystikal fiend magic mia x mac all were tight. Silk Big ed Cain and Abel tru all put out great albums .... serve on got a pun feature lol

I'd add Master P. He was far from a good rapper but Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D, and Tha Last Don are ? classics to me.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    Dope album......

Mr. Whomp still getting it in w/ Jet Life ain't he?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSzdMXXRdAE&persist_app=1&app=m
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Him and Mac were the only thing worth a damn on NO Limit

Mystikal fiend magic mia x mac all were tight. Silk Big ed Cain and Abel tru all put out great albums .... serve on got a pun feature lol

Mac, mystikal, and mia were dope but I could never get with magic no matter how nice the production was. Always came off as a 2pac clone to me.

• banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said this in another thread,I always wanted that no limit chain. As much ? p would be selling in the booklet you'd think he'd have a knock off chain you could get