The Official Brexit thread. How could Brexit affect us here in America?

Options

Comments

• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tbh, the only thing im thinking about

Is if that this is the best time to go overseas to Britain if you never have
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the United Kingdom voted on Thursday... and why - Lord Ashcroft Polls

LR-by-demographics-1024x960.jpg

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/#more-14746
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

yeah that's bad but in the long term leaving the e.u will be seen as a good thing there will be job loss and suffering but it will be short term.
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is only good for England.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    This is only good for England.

time will tell

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    Options

People with the least life experience voted the way cool hip celebrities and liberals told them to vote. The people with the greater life experience made better choices... the baby boomers generation is responsible for lots of fuckery however this was the right decision.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

Curious about this too

I'll be there next week
  • CracceR
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

People with the least life experience voted the way cool hip celebrities and liberals told them to vote. The people with the greater life experience made better choices... the baby boomers generation is responsible for lots of fuckery however this was the right decision.

how do you kno if this was the right decision, can you look into the future beenie man?
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »

Curious about this too

I'll be there next week

You going to London?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

Curious about this too

I'll be there next week

You going to London?

And Paris :)
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Curious about this too

I'll be there next week

Aha...I been waiting for this announcement. Check you ? , lady ;)
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The ramifications are all right there in the word. One example can be found in Ezekiel 38. It tells us that Britian will not be with the EU when the invasion of Gog and Magog happens. Amen.

It's all going according to the script.

But there is one major piece that still must fall into place before the 4th beast kingdom tramples the entire world down. And that piece is the lone superpower on earth today.

Guess who that is?

1 day
    1 hour
    Finished!

For shall not the day of the LORD be darkness and not light? Even very dark with no brightness in it! And they who are courageous amongst the mighty shall flee away naked in that day! Yes, the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. Amen.

Bruh as a Christian I know it feels good to delight that Gods prophecy turns out to be true so that the unbelievers look foolish for not believing but you are too excited to glorify death and destruction. When the final hour hits it will be nothing to be excited about many lives will perish. As a Christian man I feel that you are more worried about mocking those that doubted ? with the fear that comes with the death and destruction
  • CracceR
    edited June 2016
    Options

Curious about this too

I'll be there next week

You going to London?

And Paris :)

you should go to amsterdam, barcelona and rome
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

how do you kno if this was the right decision, can you look into the future beenie man?

calling me beenie man is not a diss, I actually like beenie man but my personality is closer to bounty killa... but anyway Yes I can predict the future and so can you all it takes is a deep understanding of human sociology and history.... because people keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I saw the uk leaving or AT LEAST attempting to leave the e.u two years ago. I predicted they would ultimately decide to leave

When the Islamic immigration crisis began i knew that is was the start of the end for the e.u
  • zzombie
    Options
    POLITICAL SOVEREIGNTY WITHOUT ECONOMIC SOVEREIGNTY WILL NEVER WORK....
  • CracceR
    Options

calling me beenie man is not a diss, I actually like beenie man but my personality is closer to bounty killa... but anyway Yes I can predict the future and so can you all it takes is a deep understanding of human sociology and history.... because people keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I saw the uk leaving or AT LEAST attempting to leave the e.u two years ago.

When the Islamic immigration crisis began i knew that is was the start of the end for the e.u

i heard rich saudis buying alot of property in london.
    arabic is the second most spoken language in the city of london
    and these are not refugees or anything, these ppl are rich and it has nothing to do with the e.u.
    this is a map of the city of london, its a district in london that was established in roman times and it is probably the most expensive district in london where alot of banks have their hq.
    so how does leaving the e.u. change the islamic immigration?
    they invite alot of rich arabs anyway

image%25255B5%25255D.png?imgmax=800

• zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options

calling me beenie man is not a diss, I actually like beenie man but my personality is closer to bounty killa... but anyway Yes I can predict the future and so can you all it takes is a deep understanding of human sociology and history.... because people keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I saw the uk leaving or AT LEAST attempting to leave the e.u two years ago.

i heard rich saudis buying alot of property in london.
    arabic is the second most spoken language in the city of london
    and these are not refugees or anything, these ppl are rich and it has nothing to do with the e.u.
    this is a map of the city of london, its a district in london that was established in roman times and it is probably the most expensive district in london where alot of banks have their hq.
    so how does leaving the e.u. change the islamic immigration?
    they invite alot of rich arabs anyway

image%25255B5%25255D.png?imgmax=800

RICH anybody is cool you can make a lot of money off of rich people... It's not the rich muslims that worry anyone ( although they are partially responsible for the housing prices going ? crazy in london,) it is the vast unwashed Muslims masses that really caused this... most muslims in the u.k are not arabs they are from Pakistan.

Leaving the e.u will impact immigration because now the people of the u.k will have more freedom to determine their immigration policies and they won't face so much pressure from the e.u to conform to immigration policies that outsiders determine
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    POLITICAL SOVEREIGNTY WITHOUT ECONOMIC SOVEREIGNTY WILL NEVER WORK....

Agree
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The scots could be out soon, they're already talking of a 2nd Independence referendum
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    im still not convinced this is a good thing....

working around the globe....in pharma i have noticed american(and canada), Uk and austrailia are the brains behind alot that drives things outside of the EU. france and Germany run things inside the eu. ireland attracted companies because of the low taxes.....curious how this will work now.

but companies here are already saying this will be difficult because alot of people travel back an forth to the UK as well as commerce. taxing imports and exports, new visa requirements and who the hell nows if the will be apart of the schengen area. because now they will most likely enforce border controls to slow the immigrants.

also think about flying to vegas from cali an needing to go thru customs.

people are already complaining about the possible lose of funding to UK based gov't programs as well as restricting the freedom of movement without borders.

i see this as a slow trickle, while you may think you fixed a problem after a few weeks....the ? still remains and is building up pressure.

i think more countries follow suit an we see a rel refugee and migrant crisis as more countries try to hold onto their own money.

i think this is bigger than the financial markets. alot bigger. this all seems to simple and very surface. almost too simple.

this is about to get very interesting
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

This is the type of nonsense the #remainiacs were spreading.

Simply put, globalists were pro-remain, and the working class was pro-leave. All these celebrities and politicians you see on TV are making $$$ off globalism, so I'm not sure why anyone cares what they think. Their idea of a "good" economy are high markets and GDPs. But for 90% of us, the real measure is income and opportunities. Who cares if markets are high when the vast majority of that money goes to less than 2% of us?