The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hicksville,New York I live a couple of towns away from Hicksville.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump is a real parody lol ? crazy
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New CNN poll:
    Clinton 47%
    Trump 42%
    -More voters see Trump as more honest and trustworthy than Clinton
    -More voters trust Trump more than Clinton on handling the economy
    -More voters think Trump is stronger on terrorism and is overall a stronger leader
    -More voters think Clinton has the right temperament to be POTUS
    -More voters see Clinton as a positive role model

Quinnipiac Poll is Three Battleground States:
    Florida
    Clinton- 48%
    Trump- 41%

Ohio
    Clinton- 40%
    Trump- 40%

Pennsylvania
    Clinton- 42%
    Trump- 41%
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mute symbol graffiti over Donald trumps Hollywood star
    MUTE02_WEB.jpg

Dude did it in broad daylight with a pizza box for cover and filmed it lmao https://youtube.com/watch?v=mRyfOVm70hc
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Told y'all on the last page that Trump would read the written GOP "script" from teleprompters. It's exactly what he's doing in his speech right now. The GOP has also taken over his twitter account and are now tweeting for him, which is why yesterday's tweets were more professional.

He's an unintelligent racist clown, but they will simply have him read what they write for now until November.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm def voting for Hilary now
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will do my best to vote against trump despite clinton's ?
  • Lord Ether
    edited June 2016
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Im not trying to convince you who to vote for , but Trumps plans aren't all that bad. I don't know if you ever heard of Dr. Claude Anderson but he speaks about Blacks becoming a permanent underclass and one of the reasons for that is is immigration. If you listened to the video Trump mentions the development of underdeveloped areas and how the money used to bring in Syrian immigrants can go towards that. Hispanics already outnumber us and eventually Asians will causing us to become fourth class citizens. Obama's administration has done more for other groups than Black people. Hillary is actually more of a neocon than Trump. Most of the issues happening overseas were because of her decisions as secretary of state. The actions in Libya took the lives of Black Africans.
    Here is a great read on immigration. It's a pdf.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.harvestinstitute.org/Immigration_Alert_1-21-15.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiLodDnl8HNAhUEfiYKHUIiDIcQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGyTTyzY3FG1Rir0wJ-IQ1xOVXnuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o8hP-qvyHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ_C_4bE5Sc
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    oh my ? oh my ? she's so trill. I love her and can't wait to give her my money
    it amazes me how America has nominated two spectacular shitlords to run for president

can't wait until we all regret it

smh

our next president tis either going to be .....

a lying mentally unsound, failed businessman turned reality tv star OR

an unethical war hawk with ties to some of the worst ppl on the planet ....who is currently being investigated by the FBI for what she claims is a non issue even though she has gone to great lengths to cover her tracks

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Libertarian party is getting my vote. Even though I think their economic policy is unabashedly pro corporate, but their non-interventionist policy is great stuff
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder whose alias is @Lord Ether
  • Lord Ether
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    I wonder whose alias is @Lord Ether

I'm not an alias dude. I'm just a college student who post on here from time to time. I only know one poster in person. I'm also conscious and I'm not the only conscious Black person looking at Trump over Hillary.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    it amazes me how America has nominated two spectacular shitlords to run for president

smh

an unethical war hawk with ties to some of the worst ppl on the planet ....who is currently being investigated by the FBI for what she claims is a non issue even though she has gone to great lengths to cover her tracks

I'll take the war Hawk over someone who don't know ? about foreign policy.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

smh

I don't fault you for that

Both candidates leave much to be desired nonetheless
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

smh

Wasn't Obama under investigation for ties to Tony Rezko and also Rob Blagoavich ? Reverend Wright and also Goldman Sachs ?? Oh how ? luuuuhhh to forget (or choosy). The objective is to win LOLOLOLOLOL, if you were being harassed, under attack and trying to win the presidency (or debating) I refuse to believe you'd simply give ? the okey doke.

I say all that to say this is politics and there's never been a candidate who ran and never had a record ppl tried to use against them. Kennedy was under investigation for mob ties to Sam giacanna, Bush had ties to Osama Bin Laden family, Daddy Bush and the Skull & Bones crew, Johnson and brothel owners, Nixon/Kissinger, on and on I can go. ? imagine the things that will come out when Will Smith runs for President.....

1. From ive read, Rev Wright is cool with me....wouldn't consider him to be a shady character at all lol

2. I have never been Obama biggest fan nor that fond of American politics. So at least im not one of these "choosy" ? you are referring to

3. All FBI investigations aren't equal

But let's stay on topic

I am fully aware there are politicians who do have questionable ties, have skeletons in the closet. Some more then others. We are all human. Clinton just being one of many

Still isn't an excuse for her actions. She isnt above being criticized. And that doesn't mean as a politician getting yourself ? should be acceptable let alone necessary

That said, I don't believe she is this evil person who deserves to be imprisoned either. Not like they found emails connecting her to some huge conspiracy

I just find her to be a bad candidate for the job...

Again, FBI invesigation aside, I still believe she is an unethical war hawk with very questiable ties and no redeemable qualities

And Trump leaves a lot to be desired...which is an understatement
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion low key hate America

He loving this shitshow
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

smh

Really? I mean on the Iraq War, Nafta, TPP, Arab Spring, Brexit....who's been right, and who's been wrong?

People keep saying Hillary has foreign experience, but ignore the fact that she's like 0/6 on the side she's been on in foreign matters.
  • Mr.LV
    Options

smh

Really? I mean on the Iraq War, Nafta, TPP, Arab Spring, Brexit....who's been right, and who's been wrong?

People keep saying Hillary has foreign experience, but ignore the fact that she's like 0/6 on the side she's been on in foreign matters.

And the other option is Donald Trump and do not mention a Third party candidate cause they are not winning ? .
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

smh

And the other option is Donald Trump and do not mention a Third party candidate cause they are not winning ? .

At this point, yes Trump is the only other option. But why did Hillary skate through the primaries? I mean in 2008 she got exposed bad, especially on foreign policy. She voted for Iraq, and was making up things like being under fire while abroad. A golden opportunity was missed on the Dem side, though I can't blame most for not running since the money restrictions to even run is ridiculous and a major issue.

At the end of the day, Trump has plenty of issues to be sure, but he was against Iraq, and the later Libya/Syria meddling. He's not with the UN/NATO interventionism either. Samething was true of Sanders, Ron Paul, Nader.

On a fundamental level(no spin), who's policies align more with you on foreign interventionism, on trade, on the drug war, on entrepreneurship, crime bills, on social issues. IMO, someone like Trump will be forced to produce actual results since the media has no love for him, that's a good thing. Bill C. was like that at first in his "slick ? " days and it forced him to become a better president. On the flipside, Hillary will be allowed to ? up over and over again because she's part of the global establishment, and nothing good will happened under her term(s). This is the biggest problem Obama had, too much media worship. He could have been great, but hasn't improved over his yeas, because he never had to. For example, the stimulus was a mess(should have been targeted at infrastructure), but instead the media made excuse. had they not done that, Obama would have had to push a second one, but our economy would be in a much better place, and his presidency would be in much better standing.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    voting against Trump does not require voting for Clinton
    cannot wait until we're all living in a desert wasteland riding around in dune buggies
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    well, a:

and b: cool, but i am keeping this in mind for when you complain about war hawks that aren't anointed Dem candidates.
    they're not winning because of ? attitudes like this that keep the two-party scam in place.
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm suprised there are people on this thread who are actually trying to make the case that Trump would be a good competent president cause they hate Hillary THAT much. Ol "you know what? Maybe Donald Trump won't be so bad" ass ? .

And @ThaNubianGod are you saying that Obama wasn't great cause the media was too soft on him? Like he wasn't facing obtruction from a Republican congress for 6 out of his 8 years in office?