The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Yo I graduated in 2010, I can still pass for a high schooler I should head overseas lls

9z5832.gif

We all seen you ball Ax. It won't work.

That ? ? like a crazed spider monkey

anyone got that slo-mo gif of Peagle bouncing him off of the opposite wall?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Damn! R.I.P.

Probably the only woman that could coach a men's team and become successful doing it.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draymond, klay, and Barnes really gotta look at kyrie smiling and joking for like the next month and change lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q: Are the nets interested in signing vets? – Steve Kyler: Names I have heard connected to the Nets were Jeremy Lin, Jamal Crawford and Al Horford. – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Jacob Rude: Can I report on this? – Steve Kyler: If you want — add Rajon Rondo and Brandon Jennings to the report both are said to be mutually interested in Nets. – via Twitter stevekylerNBA
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    With Maker being 23 man that could be the worst pick ever. The thing ppeople forget is the failed players who ALREADY tried that '7ft w/guard skills' premise. There was a run on them after KG and all of those guys not only flopped but they were basically out the league by 23

Jonathan ? , Anthony Randolph, Perry Jones
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    With Maker being 23 man that could be the worst pick ever. The thing ppeople forget is the failed players who ALREADY tried that '7ft w/guard skills' premise. There was a run on them after KG and all of those guys not only flopped but they were basically out the league by 23

Jonathan ? , Anthony Randolph, Perry Jones

You are right. Thon Maker should have went to Spain or China and got some playing time against grown men.

Anthony Randolph was athletic but he had no skills on the perimeter. He would have gotten better in college or d-league.
    My real stance.................
    No mandatory age limit send them straight to the summer league then D-league.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The Thon Maker story reminds me of this ?

https://youtu.be/_WMAmKmY-zs
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Q: Are the nets interested in signing vets? – Steve Kyler: Names I have heard connected to the Nets were Jeremy Lin, Jamal Crawford and Al Horford. – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Jacob Rude: Can I report on this? – Steve Kyler: If you want — add Rajon Rondo and Brandon Jennings to the report both are said to be mutually interested in Nets. – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

giphy.gif

Rondo I can dig, ? even Horford. Ain't no way signing Crawford or Jennings sounds like a good idea.

I'm hoping the new coach pushes for a quicker tempo since we got some guys who can run. It should be something Horford is familiar with.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UPDATE: A user named AussieBuck on realgm rang up the Immigration office for some answers on how age could possibly be changed.

"Turns out it's hard as hell to change your recorded age through immigration as I think I posted earlier in the thread but there's a way around that gets used sometimes by various refugees for various reasons. All you need to do is get that long lost relative in Sudan or wherever to "find" your birth certificate and send it to you. You take it to Births, Deaths and Marriages and get your age changed. Not saying I'm in on the story now (Lasry is turning me though) but this hurdle is pretty low. Could see that sketchy dude handler having a guy doing regular forgeries back home."

On draft night, fellow user /u/bigcritic produced a compelling photo of a yearbook which suggested Thon Maker was far older than 19. However, the snapshot was vague and couldn’t conclusively support these accusations. People remained unconvinced, arguing that all the students could’ve been listed alphabetically regardless of grade or were just members of a particular club.

When the Bucks drafted him with the 10th pick the debate about his age continued amongst our fanbase. Apologists were vehement that these were all just rumors from other teams trying to crash his draft stock. One of our users on realgm was able to locate a former student of his old high school who had the actual yearbook and he was kind enough to submit more conclusive photos showing Thon graduated in 2010.

Original by /u/bigcritic: http://imgur.com/WjzgdGI

New: http://imgur.com/a/Lu7Ws

BONUS: 2007 yearbook photo showing Thon in the 9th grade credit to /u/Spangher (if you compare the two photos you can see a few of the same classmates, just older)

BONUS: yearbook corner saying "year 12" - This disputes recent claims that it was an English class for kids of all ages. The video can be used to show it is the same page

BONUS video: for the skeptics who think it's photoshopped: https://vid.me/ncxK

-courtesy of our anonymous Aranmore college pupil

Rough timeline of his journey from Perth schoolboy to NBA lottery pick
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    These crackas man smh let the ? live.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Yo I graduated in 2010, I can still pass for a high schooler I should head overseas lls

9z5832.gif

We all seen you ball Ax. It won't work.

Axel trash lol
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the age really matter? 19,23 who cares.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy as ? that it was just a rumor saying the wizards were going to offer Joakim Noah a max deal. Its bad enough they might offer Bradley Beal a max deal.

Sacramento does everything else dumb why not trade us Cousins for Beal?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Does the age really matter? 19,23 who cares.

It matters alot actually 4 years off your investment as an nba team that's a less moldable player etc
  • S2J
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hell yea it matters. 19 and raw nh and skinny = we can work wit it, he'll develop

23 and skinny = he is what he gon be strength wise. Its a wrap buddy . See the names i posted above
  • S2J
    Options
    And dude speaks regular English he aint fresh off the boat, so him legit repeating all of HS over again is wild sus :joy:

'Nah i aint like how that went let me run that back.'
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    I'm still wondering why he didn't just go to college and develop there?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Africans stay scamming
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

He wasn't good enough to get looks
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »

He wasn't good enough to get looks

But his handler could've made something happen for him though. He could've walked on at a mid major school and put in work.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 5 player in the league under 25, up tempo offense, just drafted a college superstar, oh yeah we have a top 5 PLAYER IN THE FREAKING LEAGUE yet we can't get a meeting? Is New Orleans that bad or boring to free agents? The Knicks doesn't even have a top 15 player on their team.

I'm sick of this disrespect. But KD freezes up in big moments anyway. So whatever.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Top 5 player in the league under 25, up tempo offense, just drafted a college superstar, oh yeah we have a top 5 PLAYER IN THE FREAKING LEAGUE yet we can't get a meeting? Is New Orleans that bad or boring to free agents? The Knicks doesn't even have a top 15 player on their team.

I'm sick of this disrespect. But KD freezes up in big moments anyway. So whatever.

Melo not top 15? Foh

And your whole organization is trash yall forever cursed for letting monty go
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Melo not top 15? Foh

And your whole organization is trash yall forever cursed for letting month go

Nah bruh, respectfully he top 20 though. And come on bruh that was kinda harsh about the injury thing. I swear y'all NY ? have no empathy :anguished: