Jesse Williams' powerful BET awards speech

Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The clips I heard were powerful. Can someone upload or drop a link to this Brother's full speech? It seems the videos were all taken down.

The op is fixed @NeighborhoodNomad.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I'm so tired of hearing about this ? tanned ? and the bald headed ? that love him

How this speech get turned into a black on black gender war, ? aint worth a ? quarter, deserve to be shot in the streets like ? dogs

Ob has hair

it aint no afro though, it aint the hair texture white jesus gave to her

Actually....

7EEAC2B8-CADE-42F0-BF8E-6657702A4A8D_zpsleq81gub.jpg

lmao, so im posed to believe you "woke up like this"

relaxers, straightners, perms, wigs, weaves, flat irons, whatever you wanna call it, none of it is natural

black women need afros or sleep, you choose
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    I'm so tired of hearing about this ? tanned ? and the bald headed ? that love him

How this speech get turned into a black on black gender war, ? aint worth a ? quarter, deserve to be shot in the streets like ? dogs

Ob has hair

Actually....

relaxers, straightners, perms, wigs, weaves, flat irons, whatever you wanna call it, none of it is natural

I woke up with braids, and I unraveled them.

You sound so cute talkin about something u don't know anything about. Try to tell me about sports. Don't try to tell me about no damn hair. Natural refers to the chemical state of your hair. I do not have chemically processed hair, therefore it is natural. What you are referring to is a styling technique. If I style my hair in a bun, it is still natural. If I flat iron it, it is still natural. If I blow dry it, it is still natural. Why? Because if I jump in a swimming pool, it will revert right back to its original shape, size, density. That's what hair does when it hasn't been chemically altered. The lady below has natural hair in both photos. It is just styled differently.

ErykahBadu22.jpg

o-ERYKAH-BADU-HAIR-570.jpg

Nah, if you were born with hair that stands not down, but up like a crown, but you straighten it anyway to look like the white/indian Disney princess that you grew up watching, then that is not natural.

Why do you black women hate your hair texture so much?

And I bet you go to church every sunday to praise ? but somehow hate the hair that ? gave you

im lit tonight, ma, letsgetit, yall think yall just bout to be dissin black men from the east side of the internet to the west side over this half bred jesse williams muhfucka and everything be aight, naw lets examine yall behavior
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very wack to me he's not about that life if he was he wouldn't accept a award for it ... Farrakhan or dr west would have broke that trophy and still popped they ? ... This ? holding up a award ...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »

"Do you know how many of our ancestors fought for the freedom of your ancestors during the Civil War..."

Her feelings filled rant made me laugh
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ob has hair

Actually....

Free O.B
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Ob has hair

Actually....

I woke up with braids, and I unraveled them.

You sound so cute talkin about something u don't know anything about. Try to tell me about sports. Don't try to tell me about no damn hair. Natural refers to the chemical state of your hair. I do not have chemically processed hair, therefore it is natural. What you are referring to is a styling technique. If I style my hair in a bun, it is still natural. If I flat iron it, it is still natural. If I blow dry it, it is still natural. Why? Because if I jump in a swimming pool, it will revert right back to its original shape, size, density. That's what hair does when it hasn't been chemically altered. The lady below has natural hair in both photos. It is just styled differently.

ErykahBadu22.jpg

o-ERYKAH-BADU-HAIR-570.jpg

Nah, if you were born with hair that stands not down, but up like a crown, but you straighten it anyway to look like the white/indian Disney princess that you grew up watching, then that is not natural.

Why do you black women hate your hair texture so much?

And I bet you go to church every sunday to praise ? but somehow hate the hair that ? gave you

im lit tonight, ma, letsgetit, yall think yall just bout to be dissin black men from the east side of the internet to the west side over this half bred jesse williams muhfucka and everything be aight, naw lets examine yall behavior

:3 you're so cute. Lemme whisper something to you....

if you're going to attempt witticisms, at least make sure that you're familiar with the subject otherwise the joke falls generally flat, with only those as unschooled about the subject as yourself finding it entertaining...just saying....it's generally awkward.......

I feel bad now........

we'll pretend like this didn't happen.....

I'm going to continue on down these IC alley streets and we'll fake like I was just asking you the time.

• I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    if you have functioning vocal cords and a pulse, your qualified to speak for and have your words hold resonance with black folks, thats a problem we need to come to terms with

PEOPLE will say ANYTHING. once they see that ? garners an audience they gon keep it up and more will follow suit when seeing the results

jus because some low common denominator ? was thrown in our faces dont mean we need to discern it it

some battles aint meant to defeat, but depleat. all u gotta do is throw some provactive ? ? in the air and ? will start chasing their tail?! leave the simple ? ? for the simple ?

? like this is why exclusivity is the real wave. you dont want EVERYONE on board for certain ? for the same reason you dont want EVERYONE in your house. this aint church , some ? shouldnt be allowed and should be forbidden , not reformed, once they show what their on

our problems aint why we "wont be ? ", it's our investment in and rewarding of the ? ...we drain ourselves by someones elses and our own hands
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    The only time white people pay attention or listen is when you hit em in the pockets. I don't ever expect these people to ever look inside themselves and see their white supremacist ways. These Asians, Jews, Arabs,etc have figured out something blacks have yet to figure out and that's how to recycle the dollar in their communities. We cannot keep depending on whites to change their ways or lend a helping hand. Blacks need to learn financial literacy and at some point a generation has to make the sacrifice and leave something (wealth and knowledge) for the next generation to build on.

jayztomford.jpg

Funny you're the biggest Jay-Z fan/stan on this forums. What did you think about him dedicating a song to a White fashion designer while they were Black ones he could promote with his clout?

Last time I ? check Beyonce and Jay employed a ? ton of black folks. All them execs over at Rock Nation and Parkwood Ent.were black. He put Kanye on, put J Cole on, Rihanna on and they put their people on.

Now what are you doing to make your people lives better?

how many black ppl work at tidal?

How many ? you know in Stockholm? lol

That's like me saying how comes there ain't no ? working for KFC in China. smh

Nah the question is quite valid since u trying to paint Jigga as black financial revolutionary.
    Here is another question: how many black ppl were displaced by Barclays?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    I wanna try this on my hair but I can't find these hair rollers anywhere. Apparently the chick in the vid is from South Africa and bought it there :'(

https://youtu.be/Y4b2Xh0404M

@OGClarenceBoddicker
    Girl, you know where I can buy hair rollers like those?

Ooooo, Shanunnaque, boo boo, uh uh dek is all bad fo yo edgeseses
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe what I'm seeing.... this ? is arguing with a woman about her hair, LMAO zesty as hell; man the IC is a wild place.

• OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I'm a fat bald headed, no ? getting mexican that pretends to be black on the internet

• Max.
    Options
    I'm a fat bald headed, no ? getting mexican that pretends to be black on the internet

Check ur page

Lmaooo
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options

Check ur page

Lmaooo

All I see is beautiful black people. What am I posed to be seeing?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited June 2016
    Options

Check ur page

Lmaooo

For somebody who claims to be half black you sure do make fun of black people a lot.

You need to fine tune your gimmick
  • Max.
    Options

Check ur page

Lmaooo

For somebody who claims to be half black you sure do make fun of black people a lot.

Awww ur ? hurt? :/
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options

Check ur page

Lmaooo

Awww ur ? hurt? :/

What part of "The Most Offensive Poster" do you not understand?

The pics you posted on my ? only adds to my appeal, thanks for decorating my page
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »

bruh to keep it a hunnet......nvm.

The speech was iight. Nothing that moved me. Same ? thats been repeated over and over. I didnt care for it based on it being spoken on BET of all places. Black people pretty much only watch BET 2 times a year. The BET Awards & The Hip Hop Awards. Plus BET was the biggest sell out to black people since Africans caught and sold other Africans to the Europeans. When BET was credible, it helped brainwash atleast 2 generations. Money, Cash & Hoes. Bobby Jones and Tavis Smiley on Sundays. Bruh shouldve told BET, Debra Lee, & Bob Johnson....especially Bob Johnson to own up to the part they played and make corrective decisions. Not on air, but behind the scenes.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
     Bruh shouldve told BET, Debra Lee, & Bob Johnson....especially Bob Johnson to own up to the part they played and make corrective decisions. Not on air, but behind the scenes.
    Wtf
    And if he did do that how tf would u know
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    I can't believe what I'm seeing.... this ? is arguing with a woman about her hair, LMAO zesty as hell; man the IC is a wild place.
    Cain wrote: »
    Are you goofy ? really talking about hair? Take that ? across the street

Y'all simp ass ? is enabling the self hate. I am trying to eradicate it. that's the difference
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    gns wrote: »
     Bruh shouldve told BET, Debra Lee, & Bob Johnson....especially Bob Johnson to own up to the part they played and make corrective decisions. Not on air, but behind the scenes.
    Wtf
    And if he did do that how tf would u know

social media bruh. All it takes is a tweet.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    i still dont know how to tweet