The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    That Whiteside deal probably takes Miami out of contention for Durant (didn't think he was going there anyway, just sayin)

Sure does. Unless Miami trades dragic/Mctrash but thats stupid to me

And lin is a 3/yr 36mil
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I'm not mad at the Lin deal at all. We had to get younger and Lin is a good fit. Him and Brook on the pick and roll could be a good combo. I would prefer him off the bench so hopefully the nets still try to sign rondo.

Also there's no need for jack to be salty. ? like 34 he shouldn't be mad the rebuilding ass nets let him go. He got some gas left he should try to sign with a contender and let Lin live
    I'd agree with this except that I wanted Whitehead to be the backup PG behind a true starter. I was hoping for Rondo or Conley, or even a Clarkson.

I think the plan is for Whitehead to be the PG of the future so they'll bring him along. I got faith in this coach he seems to know his basketball.

Conley still a long shot, hopefully we still in the running for Crabbe.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IceManKam wrote: »
    Knicks fans really hyping up Eric Gor-dahn?

incredulous.gif

long as his ass aint in NOLA...idgaf what other fan bases do
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I'm not mad at the Lin deal at all. We had to get younger and Lin is a good fit. Him and Brook on the pick and roll could be a good combo. I would prefer him off the bench so hopefully the nets still try to sign rondo.

Also there's no need for jack to be salty. ? like 34 he shouldn't be mad the rebuilding ass nets let him go. He got some gas left he should try to sign with a contender and let Lin live
    I'd agree with this except that I wanted Whitehead to be the backup PG behind a true starter. I was hoping for Rondo or Conley, or even a Clarkson.

I think the plan is for Whitehead to be the PG of the future so they'll bring him along. I got faith in this coach he seems to know his basketball.

Conley still a long shot, hopefully we still in the running for Crabbe.

Crabbe would be a nice fit at a position of need.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

It's crazy how the Lakers and Mavs fell in terms of attracting free agents

Dirk needs to retire he is wasting his time...........

while kobe got payed, and the lakers were able to somewhat be in a rebuilding phase
    and get some decent young pieces in, russel, randle, clarkson and now ingram.....

My ? cuban been building a mediocre cast to surround dirk the last couple of years
    As a last resort because they keep on trying to bank on top free agents who spurned them......

plus dirk took less money so cuban can sign chandler parsons to be injured the last 2 years
    and miss the playoffs, and now possibly end up on another team......

dirk went from mayo, to ellis to parsons......smfh.......

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

It's crazy how the Lakers and Mavs fell in terms of attracting free agents

Dirk needs to retire he is wasting his time...........

while kobe got payed, and the lakers were able to somewhat be in a rebuilding phase
    and get some decent young pieces in, russel, randle, clarkson and now ingram.....

My ? cuban been building a mediocre cast to surround dirk the last couple of years
    As a last resort because they keep on trying to bank on top free agents who spurned them......

plus dirk took less money so cuban can sign chandler parsons to be injured the last 2 years
    and miss the playoffs, and now possibly end up on another team......

dirk went from mayo, to ellis to parsons......smfh.......

This is depressing
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

incredulous.gif

Meanwhile while you countin all this chicken your squad has no one lls Yall keepin that money tho! :/

Im not sayin they shoulda paid Gordon, but you gotta pay to play. A young player on a 4 year deal in this climate is NOTHING: Parsons, Barnes, Crabbe, Bazemore, yall better pony up

I would say ____ aint walkin thru that door but yall franchise lineage confuses me. David Wesley? PJ Brown? Mad confusing
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really wanted E'twaun Moore to sign back with the Bulls, that's looking less likely when teams start throwing all that dough at him
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna lie. Very happy the Pels have a 10 mil cap. They can put together a nice crop of players with cap.

Crabbe
    Augustin
    M. Williams
    J. Dudley
    J. Jack
    Terrence in houston.
    Move Evans to the two.
    Ajinca can play the 3rd string four.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. Very happy the Pels have a 10 mil cap. They can put together a nice crop of players with cap.

Crabbe
    Augustin
    M. Williams
    J. Dudley
    J. Jack
    Terrence in houston.
    Move Evans to the two.

kobe-bryant-usa-basketball-2012-london-olympics.jpg

At these players moving the needle for NO

Btw Augustin got signed by orlando
  • Beta
    Options
    Dirk better pray Dwight and Conley come
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Not mad at Jeremy Lin to the Nets, what's the terms?

3 for 36

Oh that's not bad at all...they gonna need him for all 3 of those years. He's a good player, can play 1 and 2...I like it
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Not mad at Jeremy Lin to the Nets, what's the terms?

3 for 36

12mil a year, not bad. Can't wait to see Isaiah play backup and won't be surprised if he performs well and take Lin's spot. I knew Kenny would target Lin since he's the reason for linsanity
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and Crazy how Thomas Robinson can land a team even with the stats he has so far in his career

• caddo man
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »

Crabbe
    Augustin
    M. Williams
    J. Dudley
    J. Jack
    Terrence in houston.
    Move Evans to the two.

kobe-bryant-usa-basketball-2012-london-olympics.jpg

At these players moving the needle for NO

Btw Augustin got signed by orlando

They not winning ? . The Pels dont have the money and no big time Free Agents are coming to check them out. Right now they are trying to keep the boat afloat. Dont get in another big contract until you get the right player.

They didnt bite on Lin and 12 million a year. Happy about that.

I was going to put Ish Smith on the list but he about to sign to Detroit.
  • caddo man
    Options

If I'm Dirk I wait alil longer and if Dallas still does nothing I sign on with a contender

They would burn that arena down if he left.....................................Actually no they wouldnt. They would just put on their Cowboy jerseys.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »

incredulous.gif

Meanwhile while you countin all this chicken your squad has no one lls Yall keepin that money tho! :/

Im not sayin they shoulda paid Gordon, but you gotta pay to play. A young player on a 4 year deal in this climate is NOTHING: Parsons, Barnes, Crabbe, Bazemore, yall better pony up

I would say ____ aint walkin thru that door but yall franchise lineage confuses me. David Wesley? PJ Brown? Mad confusing

Hush
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically anybody that Rose likes the knicks will try to get smh
  • Beta
    Options

If I'm Dirk I wait alil longer and if Dallas still does nothing I sign on with a contender

Can't picture him leaving and making adjustments for the first time this late in his career

But I mean if he was to leave, Im trying to think of a place that has vets but isn't the spurs or cavs he can would go