How yall feel about long distance relationships?

Options
farris2k1
farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
Talking like in another state, met a girl who is cool af but lives bout 3 and half hours away which isnt a huge drive but i also like being able to see a person spur of the moment and not having to plan a road trip

Comments

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May da lawd be with you
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I feel anything is possible, yet nothing is probable. Cosign rarely with a side helping of highly doubtful. I wouldn't consider a 3 and a half hour drive a long distance relationship in out day and time. An inconvenient relationship which will eventually cause a problematic situation or 2.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's all about discipline and being able to afford it....
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WYRM wrote: »
    I feel anything is possible, yet nothing is probable. Cosign rarely with a side helping of highly doubtful. I wouldn't consider a 3 and a half hour drive a long distance relationship in out day and time. An inconvenient relationship which will eventually cause a problematic situation or 2.

Real talk
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tried it, dusty ? , cheated and broke up. I got to have ? at least 3 or 4 times a week. That long distance ? is dead.
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Low risk, low reward
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It does have it's pros though. When she finally does see you again, all she wants to do is ? the whole visit. Maybe go out to eat then back to ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I wouldn't start a relationship that was long distance. It's workable if it ends up that way over time, is temporary, and you already got that trust built.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It didn't work for me. I ended one about a month and a half ago. Too much time apart plus the first of law school created too much of a strain. I don't regret trying though, she's a good woman, but one thing I've learned is that timing is everything. You could meet someone great, but it could simply be the wrong time to meet that person and get involved.

With all that being said, I would not do another long distance relationship.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In one now....gotta admit, it's hard. Currently a lopsided affair since I'll have to be the one traveling...and she's rarely off for me to make a weekend visit
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We talking a monogamous long distance relationship?

I don't see it working for too long unless you have the means to see each other somewhat regularly.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only works if y'all have plans to eventually be In be same spot.
    Or if it started out local then moved away I could handle it.

Otherwise you dont get to know the person. Most communication is non verbal. Talking on the phone and weekend visits, people not showing true colors
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listen bruh.....

anythingispossibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    She getting d down whenever u hang up hell might be gettin it in while you on the phone with her
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    Only works if y'all have plans to eventually be In be same spot.
    Or if it started out local then moved away I could handle it.

This. I used to take two hour flights to be with a girl who I'd met whilst she was teaching abroad. Like everyone says, it only works if you're eventually going to be together permanently and on a marriage led basis. Otherwise, it's not worth it - plenty of cool af chicks in your area, and stops you from believing that X is meant to be, because she's so far away and you're so close to one another on a soul level etc... it's not worth getting that close to someone who's not real.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been there, done that, lost that.

it can work if its shorts term. meaning yall start dating but the plan is for one to move closer to the other sooner then later.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not my thing; too ? for that ? .
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U share that girl
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7000 miles apart from my wife for 3 years, it works though, mostly because i'm too much of a catch for her to let go.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    BoyPussy wrote: »
    They rarely work

Could say that for most relationships in general....most relationships end at some point.

They can work if the 2 people want it to. It takes extra effort, understanding and trust but it can be done
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Have money to be able to close the distance on a whim
    2. Don't be over a 3hr drive away
    3. After 12months she gotta move

Only ways it works...unless you cool with being a cuckold
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It depends how she feels about being cheated on.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3.5 hours ain't ? if you really wanna make it work. But with Long distance relationships - like most other things - ppl aren't realistic about what they can handle and what they can't.

If you both evaluate what's important to
    You and decide you can deal with the distance and everything that comes with it, give it a shot.