Options
124»

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Is t DC mostly transplants?

Not really a lot of em work for congress and ? , plus there's like 4/5 military bases in like a 30/40 mile radius of DC.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? really started talkin about ? and ? , that's how u know u got to them lol
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    I love Atl but cmon bruh we got the black president right up the street, yall got Young Jeezy :joy:

? it its warm out, Barack might be at Park after work today lls That type ? - -- It just creates a certain vibe. Its just a vibe you cant find anywhere lls

That bag different...

This ? here...like you just gonna run into Barack and chop ? up at the park one day FOH.

I'm in Atlanta and love it but i'm not really interested in trying to sell it to you ? . either you ? with it or not. We don't need anymore traffic on the eway

This kinda how I feel. Its all good No problem with DC or wherever I may go there one day. Went when I was a kid. Im fine with peole going to DC instead of here. Thats part of the problem too much popularity. I vote DC. Go there.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

You made it out of South View without a felony? Congrats my ? ...you beat the odds lol

hold up...im actually thinking about moving over there next month....yay or nay? lol
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was talkin to this chick from dc who is living down here and thats all she kept talking bout. dc this dc that. well ? move your ass back then. i really liked her but i guess her picking me up for our date wasnt in her plans. smmfh.
  • ThoughtIWasSlick.com
    ThoughtIWasSlick.com Members Posts: 52
    Options
    Stew why do u act like u from Atlanta when u are from Maryland? honest question
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

???? Dude..
    DorySeason wrote: »

Im too late nvm
  • Stew
    Options

???? Dude..

Im too late nvm

Yea u just cosigned a full fledged bird brain, definitely too late.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    If you get snow more than a week your city is trash.

Paid snow days >>>>>>
  • S2J
    edited July 2016
    Options

???? Dude..

Im too late nvm

????

I was too late to ask the question. Which is valid: you're not even from Atlanta. You are from MD. So who is 'they'?
  • Stew
    edited July 2016
    Options

???? Dude..

Im too late nvm

????

I was too late to ask the question. Which is valid: you're not even from Atlanta. You are from MD. So who is 'they'?

Im only in here cause Ive lived/hung out in both areas..

Nas-featured.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

???? Dude..

Im too late nvm

????

Im only in here cause Ive lived/hung out in both areas..

Nas-featured.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Damn homie you pancaked on the city like that?

Turn in your burgundy and gold my ? you are now RGIII
  • Stew
    Options
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

Sounds like you switchin sides..
  • Stew
    Options
    Ummm no

Article/convo whatever is on point. ATL is mega cheaper tho.
  • S2J
    Options

Sounds like you switchin sides..

Damn so you sayin he was at the Skins game in Atl with the 'i have a son on both teams' jersey?

play_e_mccourty_576.jpg

Thats not right Stew. Its not
  • Stew
    Options
    Clearly u don't know me.
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're a single, heterosexual man; ATL and San Fransisco can be a gold mine.

Imagine living in a world where every man is Homeless and you have an average ass job. Even though it's average, you will get treated like a King amongst peasents.

That's what's it's like being heterosexual in a city full of ? . You don't have to have your ? together and can still get plenty of ? without trying.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Where do these people with good paying careers in DC live?

Black - PG County

White - Montgomery County or No. VA (Alexandria, Arlington, Mclean)
    jniam wrote: »
    Where do these people with good paying careers in DC live?

Black - PG County

White - Montgomery County or No. VA (Alexandria, Arlington, Tysons Mclean)

Add Fairfax, Falls Church, and maybe Springfield
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    So my takeaway... DC has the better nightlife for 40+...

Sticking with the OP It is two different cultures. Doesn't matter if you 40+. I know 40+ that still loves going to clubs listening to 80s-90s dance cuts. The ATL had a club here called Bellbottoms that I loved. All they play was disco and 80s early 90s dance. ? was nice cause you can wear jeans and dance without some late 90s moshpit music. If I wanted that I would have just went two clubs down.

They have first friday here also. It starts off as a business forum then it turns into a bar scene. But being in the south, We aint playing Talib Kweli and MF Doom to get the crowd hype.

There are different types clubs here just like any where else but..............................ATL is the hype city right now. It will change. Houston is slowly becoming that. DC had the mantle for awhile. It goes in cycles.

Dc is not in that fight, sir.

Cost of living or not, there's too much money , power, prestige, and opportunity here for it to ever fluctuate. Govt agencies here are largely employed by young black women, a great deal of em from all over the country fresh outta college . Atlanta has transplants, too, but not on this level.

Dc has women who come to work on the hill, for a 3 letter agency, the White House, and of course to go to Howard. So DC is beyond trend swings and what's popular. Also the culture and history is too rich

Bruh the only cities outside of being the "Hype" city is NYC and LA, That is it! Yeah DC got all that gov money. Cant deny that. It is the capital city of the largest capitalistic country in the world. But NYC and LA cultivate trends that start in smaller markets. DC is not the hype city right now. DC is in the second tier of cities. Chicago, San Fran, ATL, Miami, Philly, Houston, Dallas, etc. Cities that has always had money and always will.

Alot of cities have rich culture and history. Alot of cities can say that. ATL can say that.

But staying on the topic of the OP. Nobody is taking a trip to DC to hit the nightlife but people that know about DC intimately (DMV folks) or consistent travelers. ATL is being pushed by every media outlet available (movies, TV and radio). Is it overhyped, YEAH! Old ATL nightlife to me was better. But that is for another discussion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XjX4Ole8rDs

Mayne from Esso's (the old one), Kaya, Visions, Buckhead strip (Kream, World Bar, Living Room, Chaos, Frequency), Central Station (for the ratchet in all of us), 559 (never went in cuz I was a jit, but parking lot pimped) etc.

I truly miss them days, but there's still hella ? to do!