Obama signs 'Blue Alert' law to protect police

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How could you be the face of your own people's demise let your people die and suffer (chicago where he is from)
    Barack Obama has done NOTHING for BLACKS: http://youtu.be/ahbkJUh1VYA
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6359658599645253781158575485_obama.jpg

"I'ma tell you like george bush told me; ? ya'll ? I'm outta here"

just when I thought I couldnt be disgusted any further today. Best part is they still say he's anti police and he's going to take away guns blah blah blah
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh...

This happened back in May right?
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Modern day blackface Obama is, if he couldn't do anything for us he should have passed on the job. ? getting ? on harder than when white people in office
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you ? like voting these ? liberals and leftist into office... so this is what you get
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An i would vote again an if he ran again he would win again
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Lol at all you ? who got fooled by this tap dancing shoe shining cotton pickin ? . Blacks showed up in full force to vote for this ? and he ain't did ? but ? on black folks, but I guess it doesn't matter because he is the president of all America right?
    zzombie wrote: »
    you ? like voting these ? liberals and leftist into office... so this is what you get

So why dont you two tell us what you would have done different.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look man get it. Obama hasn't done enough but we are partly to blame. We all know politics are about who you have lobbying for u. ? lobby hard so he pushes their agenda. We do not. We don't even support groups like black lives matter.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Minority Report is a thing now huh?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Lol at all you ? who got fooled by this tap dancing shoe shining cotton pickin ? . Blacks showed up in full force to vote for this ? and he ain't did ? but ? on black folks, but I guess it doesn't matter because he is the president of all America right?

Black people have to stop voting based on emotions, our vote must be based on cold hard analysis blacks only voted and supported obama so much because of emotions.... also black people have this notion that government is supposed to do something for the people and that way of thinking is very bad. This Government was not set up to give you ? it exists to ensure you can go out and get your own ? and can protect it.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look man get it. Obama hasn't done enough but we are partly to blame. We all know politics are about who you have lobbying for u. ? lobby hard so he pushes their agenda. We do not. We don't even support groups like black lives matter.

Are you talking about personal accountability........?

0nSfPwJ.gif
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    But ummmm shouldn't people put pressure on the local politicians and law enforcement? This is bad but im saying keep putting pressure on local enforcement. Really I don't know wtf to do cause cops keep killing folks, we march and whatnot, and the cops get off.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »

Black people should have boycotted the last election. If the the democrats saw that we would boycott a "black" president they would have no choice but to pander to our demands or risk losing every election
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like clockwork. hahahahaha
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    I never participate in the ? the president commentary but.... today was a bad day for this ? .

The optics is ? and the results could be ?

It's definitely reason for concern these days

Here's a more in depth and detailed article on it

National Blue Alert Act of 2015- What Does It Mean?

MAY 20, 2015 BY JOSHUA SCOTT HOTCHKIN

Named after the two New York cops who were murdered days before Christmas in 2014, the Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu National Blue Alert Act of 2015 was signed into law by both houses and the president on Tuesday, May 19. The short bill was easily passed.

The bill’s stated intent is to create a nationwide alert system to share immediate information between law enforcement agencies throughout the country whenever law enforcement agents are injured, killed or there are credible threats against officers.

On the law surface it seems quite reasonable.

If you are committing fatal acts of aggression against a specific segment of the population, it would be a good idea for that segment to create a network to attempt to stop you from committing murderous acts through education, awareness and information.

Which is exactly what CopBlock.org does, so if nothing else, the new law enforcement resource is a sort of Cop Block for cops. Taken literally, I have no problem with this. I find it is a good policy to rarely take things literally.

I am skeptical that we can completely take the law on its surface. Until it has been dragged through the U.S. Supreme Court, there will be no precedences to give it and definition. The terms are vaguely written, which may be less about simplicity and more an attempt to hide a potentially highly abusable new resource to law enforcement agencies. Depending on how this law is interpreted by courts, its terms could mean a lot of things that aren’t immediately apparent.

First and foremost, the creation of this network and the protocols it requires may be a backdoor into greater control of local police agencies by the federal government. At a time when more choices need to be made by communities from within those communities, adding more federal control and influence via a centralized agency may be a big mistake.

Not long ago, government agencies began training local police forces and arming them with war-grade equipment, and the resulting militarization of the police has been a disaster. Although just last week Obama promised to curtail the militarization of police, it may have been merely a change of tactics. After he takes credit for ending the one form of militarization, the federal centralization that emerges from something as seemingly simple as this new law may create a whole new police state monster.