Baton Rouge Police shooting(basically an execution)

Options

Comments

• 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maaaaan..that sht better not be true..

that dudes gonna be prosecuted before the cops will..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is the other side of the issue that kinda gets buried. A lot of these incidents stem from ? calling the cops unjustly. A cop even wrote an open letter about it not too long ago.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive been too busy on groupchat debates about this to know the up to date particulars. Was he armed?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Just so y'all see it on the new oage
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

But dude got a point tho, we cant put ourselves in these situations and expect a good outcome...

Lmao ? really?

when Pain compliance gets used without resistance, you just better have a high enough pain threshold to not react.

Thats what you just said.

Nah ? , that aint what i said, you assuming the cops gonna ? u up regardless of what you do? That aint the case, show me something where a ? gets ? up doing what hes asked cuz

But dude got a point tho, we cant put ourselves in these situations and expect a good outcome...

Lmao ? really?

when Pain compliance gets used without resistance, you just better have a high enough pain threshold to not react.

Nah ? , that aint what i said, you assuming the cops gonna ? u up regardless of what you do? That aint the case, show me something where a ? gets ? up doing what hes asked cuz

https://youtu.be/vXmVPxQGTsE

@farris2k1 I don't think you acknowledged this...what's your rebuttal?
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

Lmao ? really?

Lmao ? really?

https://youtu.be/vXmVPxQGTsE

@farris2k1 I don't think you acknowledged this...what's your rebuttal?

That vid is a 1st, never seen it before, and another example is, obviously philando getting killed, by complying, ? is horrible, i never said its gonna make you immune doing wat your asked, but itll help your chances, in the cases, you get a racist, scary ass dude who has no buisness being a cop ? wit you..then theres not much you can do period besides hope he dont blast you, i still stand by what i said, dont add fuel to a fire wit these pigs but again, u get a dude like the ones in the vid, then its all out the window regardless
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess you won't be suprise who has some final thought

https://youtu.be/1ddt-H5twvI
  • 507fliped
    507fliped Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    We as African Americans are living in a system that was not designed for us to move up, only to stay down. I wasn't going 2 comment here but after seeing just how many of "US" can be so ignorant to what is actually going on. 1st off this man, father, son, brother was executed by those police. He was making his hustle for his family to eat when got killed. My heart goes out to his loved ones simply because he would not be there. 2nd, it honestly don't matter if he was a child molester or a dog molester, he didn't deserve to die like that. I really don't have a spot in my heart for anybody that takes a child's innocences but I can't sit back & watch a man die like this. To many of us are dieing by the hands of the police. Malcolm & MLK did start off on separate pages but at the end knew that they could do what needed to be done together. That is all we need to do. The people in Baton Rouge has the right idea but they is going at it wrong. Both MLK & MX spoke on financial stability in the black community. That's the only way we will get heard & actions can take place. Google MLK last 2 public speeches. Only if we controlled the money, power, & positions that can benefit us as a people. WAKE UP BLACK PEOPLE. We are all part of the biggest genocide ever to hit not only the USA but the world.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-louisiana-officers-use-of-force-complaints-20160707-story.html
    Louisiana officers in Alton Sterling shooting cleared in prior use of force complaints

Four previous "use of force" complaints were lodged against the two white police officers in the video-recorded shooting death of a black man and they were cleared in all of them, according to internal affairs documents released Thursday.

The complaints included three black men and a black juvenile. One of them was shot when police said he pointed a gun at them and the others were injured during arrests and a police pursuit in a vehicle.

The documents were released a day after the Justice Department opened a civil rights investigation into the shooting of 37-year-old Alton Sterling, who was killed by police during an altercation outside of a convenience store where he was selling CDs. Police say he was armed and an eyewitness said he had a gun in his pocket.

Cellphone video posted online set off angry protests in this city of about 229,000, where 54 percent of the population is black and more than 25 percent live in poverty.

A group of community and faith-based leaders called Together Baton Rouge asked the Justice Department on Thursday to widen the scope of its investigation, saying it should include possible criminal violations such as battery, assault with a deadly weapon, negligent homicide and manslaughter.

"We urge the Justice Department to conduct an investigation beyond just a civil rights violation because perhaps some other laws, both state and local laws, were violated, and they need to be investigated as well," said the Rev. Lee Wesley, pastor of Community Bible Baptist Church.

Richard Carbo, spokesman for Gov. John Bel Edwards, said the U.S. attorney's office in Baton Rouge is leading the investigation and will look into not only whether civil rights were violated, but also any other violations of state and federal law.

If they find any violation of state laws, the U.S. attorney's office will refer it back to the local district attorney for prosecution.

"They won't prosecute it, but they'll do the investigating side of it," Carbo said.

The Justice Department's civil rights investigation will look into whether the officers willfully violated Sterling's rights through the use of unreasonable or excessive force.

Similar investigations, which often take many months, were opened after Michael Brown's shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, and following Eric Garner's chokehold death in New York City.

Federal investigators must meet a high legal burden to bring a civil rights prosecution, establishing that an officer knowingly used unreasonable force under the circumstances and did not simply make a mistake or use poor judgment.

Baton Rouge officials said Wednesday that police would do an internal investigation but that they would otherwise let federal officials handle the civil rights probe.

"There is also potential — and I use that word cautiously — but there is also possible criminal violations," East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore said.

Moore didn't return messages Thursday to clarify his remarks and the Justice Department said it wouldn't comment further because of the ongoing investigation.

The governor is meeting with federal officials for an update on the investigation Thursday and will attend an evening vigil.

The officers in the shooting were Blane Salamoni, a four-year member of the department, and Howie Lake II, who has been on the force for three years. Each had two prior "use of force" complaints.

Lake was involved in a police shooting in December 2014. He told detectives investigating that shooting that he fired six or seven times when a black man refused to drop his gun, threatened to ? himself and pointed his revolver at officers. The man was wounded by police.

He also injured a combative black juvenile when they went to the ground during a struggle on April 19, 2014, according to police documents. The juvenile cut his chin.

Salamoni's complaints involved punching a black man on Aug. 5, 2015, when he tried to grab the officer's stun gun, according to documents. The man had a cut on his head and needed stiches.

He was in a vehicle pursuit on June 17, 2015, in which a black man was injured when he crashed into a retaining wall, the documents said. The pursuit began when someone was pushed out of the man's car.

Separately, Salamoni was issued a letter of caution for his involvement in a "preventable crash" on June 13, 2012, in which he damaged department equipment.

Both officers have been placed on administrative leave, standard department procedure.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been so busy I didnt know of either of the 2 shootings til I got home from work this afternoon. What makes these incidents even more depressing is reading peoples comments underneath videos of these men having their lives stolen from them for no justifiable reason.

Its not that some people dont get it some dont want to get it. U know theyre racist bc they feel the need to defend these cops cuz they relate to them.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CNN is saying that sources are saying that the homeless man badgered Sterling about giving him money so much that eventually he got fed up and showed him the gun and told him to leave him alone. That's when the homeless man went and called the cops. No wonder dude was noncompliant.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CNN is saying that sources are saying that the homeless man badgered Sterling about giving him money so much that eventually he got fed up and showed him the gun and told him to leave him alone. That's when the homeless man when and called the cops. No wonder dude was noncompliant.

Saw a vid on FB of store owner saying that when the cops were called they were notified that Sterling was armed. Even so, judging by both videos, the way they had him pinned shouldve only led to constraining and handcuffing, at no point were bullets necessary.

And it almost sounded like as they were shooting they tried to make it sound like they were in fear or as though they were the ones being attacked.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the video on facebook earlier but it was shot from a different angle than the one in the opening post, has it been posted in here? I have not read all posts, looks like they are having another try at starting a race war.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The video shows the cop pulling the gun out of his pocket once they get him on the ground. The police disarmed him themselves, had both arms pinned to the ground, and still shot him dead.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    CNN is saying that sources are saying that the homeless man badgered Sterling about giving him money so much that eventually he got fed up and showed him the gun and told him to leave him alone. That's when the homeless man when and called the cops. No wonder dude was noncompliant.

Saw a vid on FB of store owner saying that when the cops were called they were notified that Sterling was armed. Even so, judging by both videos, the way they had him pinned shouldve only led to constraining and handcuffing, at no point were bullets necessary.

And it almost sounded like as they were shooting they tried to make it sound like they were in fear or as though they were the ones being attacked

thats what i was talking about earlier..if you just heard the audio, it sounded like a completely different situation. and it was just too convenient that BOTH of their body cams only caught audio
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Point blank: if these negroes in Baton Rouge were like that, they'd take that ? straight to Tiger Stadium and have a real bonfire.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    two cops just got laid down in Dallas !
  • stringer bell
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

There saying somebody got a sniper rifle...
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My neck of the woods. .I wonder if this has to do with what's happening
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

My neck of the woods. .I wonder if this has to do with what's happening

1418190_630x354.jpg

http://abc7.com/news/shots-fired-during-dallas-protest-over-police-shootings/1418176/

• stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/hacker-attacks-baton-rouge-cops-in-retaliation-for-killing-alton-sterling/
    Hacker attacks Baton Rouge cops in retaliation for killing Alton Sterling

Around 50,000 Baton Rouge police records were exposed as part of a cyber-attack allegedly carried out in retaliation for the fatal shooting of 37-year-old Alton Sterling, the Daily Dot reported.

“The reason i did it is because of what that officer did to [Sterling],” said the person who claimed responsibility for the hack. “I’m sick of seeing police abuse their power and all the killings.”

The hacker, who goes by the name “0x2Taylor” online, first announced his actions on Twitter on Thursday morning, addressing the Baton Rouge Police Department on Twitter and saying, “Your security f*cking sucks.”

While officials said that they “have not been able to confirm” a breach of the department’s security, the Dot reported that it was confirmed by analyst Jamie-Luke Woodruff, who works for the British cybersecurity firm Patch Penguin and also spoke to the hacker to corroborate his claims.

The records exposed by Taylor reportedly include officers’ names, phone numbers, email addresses, and addresses.

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »

we cannot think like this. noncompliance has always been our base. if given an unlawful order it is not about what situation we put ourselves in. it is about fair and equal treatment. do we not deserve for an officer to tell us why he pulled us over or why he stopped us? a simple we got a call about a man threatening customers would have changed the direction of this interaction. I get it he had a gun on him. dude never ran. he never reached from what we saw on the video and witness statements. why should he not be given the benefit?

rosa park put herself in a bad situation but it was unfair. our grandparents put themselves in bad situations when they refused to get up from those counters. we deserve to be treated with respect. we deserve answers. we deserve to LIVE.

Noncompliance is our base? So were just supposed to not listen cause thats what we known for?? Cuz if anybody on some ? wit the police bad ? gonna happen nine times out of ten and its worse for us because that 9 changes to 10...all im saying is knowing that..dont do anything to lessen your chances, you think ima talk ? or try and fight a cop knowin damnn well they lookin for a reason to beat a ? ass or even worse shoot them?? Hell yeah its ? up but i aint tryna join the long list of hastags..and hell yeah more importantly police gotta do theyre part, like i been sayin theres gotta be a complete overhaul in procedure, and just getting the right ppl to do the job period, but until that overhaul happens, if it ever does, do what you gotta do to survive

In other words you going to live on your knees instead dying on your feet fighting if it came to that.

I'm not with that and never will be.

Not at all, me getting pulled over or confronted by cops and doing what im asked to do to avoid any ? is just that

So you still going to comply if they have no reason to be confronting you or if what they are doing to you is unlawful?

Yes, because at the end of the day im tryna go home, i dont know bout you but i aint playin wit my life with these cacs, yea if they get me on sum ? ? ima be ? but atleast im still alive,? if it thats bad take that ? up in court but atleast you alive, the way we doing ? tryna get change aint working, so the only thing i can do until then is to change the way i handle things with them, but the thing is ive never been one to ? and try cops anyway and for ? sure aint bout to start now, you call it living on your knees, nah not in this case, i call it being smart with my life

Everything you saying is the definition of living on your knees. You sound like you a Terrance Howard in the movie crash type of man let a police officer finger ? your wife, say and do nothing just so you can make it home. Type of person who if they were slave wouldn't try to escape because what could happen if you got caught.

I will never live like that. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Not going to just sit there and let someone wrong me cause of what MIGHT happen. If something does happen so be it I'm always going to go for mine.