Piedmont Park Hanging / Lynching????

Options
bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
PIEDMONT.jpg

“Everything we have seen suggests that there was no foul play involved, but I want to state clearly and unequivocally that we will not prejudge the situation,” Reed said. “APD will share all evidence discovered in the course of the investigation. We ask for the public’s support and cooperation as we work to resolve this matter.”

The man’s name has not been released.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-body-found-in-piedmont-park-a-suicide-victi/nrtJq/

Hope it doesn't turn out like this one....

https://youtu.be/QAty6ijcBng

Comments

• thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After a spate of police killings of black men this week, a possible hate crime has surfaced in Atlanta.

Early Thursday morning, a black man was found hanging from a tree in Atlanta’s Piedmont Park. While police said the man’s death looked to be consistent with suicide, no official autopsy has been conducted. Social media is reporting that the young man’s death came on the heels of Ku Klux ? members passing out recruitment flyers in the park just the day before, and expressed skepticism at the implication of a suicide without any forensic investigation.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s office found no immediate evidence of foul play in the man’s death. However, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed has referred the investigation to the FBI and says he won’t “prejudge the circumstances surrounding this young man’s death.” The victim’s name has not yet been released.

“I am deeply saddened by the loss of a young man’s life last night in Piedmont Park. This disturbing event demands our full attention. The Atlanta Police Department (APD) is conducting a robust investigation into his death and I have asked to receive regular briefings on the status of the investigation,” Mayor Reed said in a public statement. “We ask for the public’s support and cooperation as we work to resolve this matter.”

In 2011, Atlanta began installing thousands of surveillance cameras in public areas, including Piedmont Park. As of this writing, no video footage has been released.

This is a developing story, and will be updated as new details emerge.

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/black-man-found-hanging-tree-atlanta-park/
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The case of a black man found hanging from a tree in Piedmont Park has been referred to the FBI, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said.

Reed’s statement was issued Thursday afternoon, hours after social media users expressed outrage about the Atlanta Police Department’s contention the scene was consistent with a suicide. An autopsy has not been performed.

Piedmont Park became a trending topic on Twitter, where some users called the death “another modern-day lynching.”

“I am deeply saddened by the loss of a young man’s life last night in Piedmont Park,” Reed said. “This disturbing event demands our full attention. The Atlanta Police Department (APD) is conducting a robust investigation into his death and I have asked to receive regular briefings on the status of the investigation.”

Officers were called to the Charles Allen entrance of the park just before 5 a.m. Thursday and discovered a man’s body hanging from a tree by a rope, police spokesman Donald Hannah said.

Emergency officials arrived on the scene and pronounced the man dead, he said.

“There were no discernible signs of a struggle or foul play,” Hannah said. A “Fulton County medical examiner concurred that the death was consistent with a suicide.”

Twitter users, many of them on edge in the wake of two recent videotaped shooting deaths of black men at the hands of police officers, weren’t buying it.

Reed asked the public to be patient.

“Everything we have seen suggests that there was no foul play involved, but I want to state clearly and unequivocally that we will not prejudge the situation,” Reed said. “APD will share all evidence discovered in the course of the investigation. We ask for the public’s support and cooperation as we work to resolve this matter.”

The man’s name has not been released.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Investigators are saying it's consistent with suicide but the autopsy isn't out yet
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bambu
    Options
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FBI is in cohoots with the ? and won't do ? . Kid found dead rolled up in a gym mat, suicide no charges. Man in Texas found with his tongue cut out and eyeballs gouged out, suicide no charges. The FBI/DOJ are no better than the local police as far as invedtigating these hate crimes. They actually PROTECT these far right hate groups more than investigate them
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People saying this is a day after the ? was promoting recruitment in the same park.

This is getting just insane.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FBI is in cohoots with the ? and won't do ? . Kid found dead rolled up in a gym mat, suicide no charges. Man in Texas found with his tongue cut out and eyeballs gouged out, suicide no charges. The FBI/DOJ are no better than the local police as far as invedtigating these hate crimes. They actually PROTECT these far right hate groups more than investigate them

What?
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well speaking for myself personally and from my experience only I would say that this is a lynching/hanging. Basically Black people in Atlanta and maybe the whole country (I don't know) act like slaves. I have personally overheard people say (in the last few years) that they're hanging people and that basically all they have to do is walk up to a Black person and ask if they want to be hanged and they say yea. I have never personally saw anyone been hanged but from the conversation that I have overheard it seemed liked that they weren't joking or kidding around. There isn't going to be a sign of a struggle if someone volunteered to be hanged. It's beyond sad.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

What?

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Jasper-man-sentenced-in-Alfred-Wright-case-6214233.php
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Well speaking for myself personally and from my experience only I would say that this is a lynching/hanging. Basically Black people in Atlanta and maybe the whole country (I don't know) act like slaves. I have personally overheard people say (in the last few years) that they're hanging people and that basically all they have to do is walk up to a Black person and ask if they want to be hanged and they say yea. I have never personally saw anyone been hanged but from the conversation that I have overheard it seemed liked that they weren't joking or kidding around. There isn't going to be a sign of a struggle if someone volunteered to be hanged. It's beyond sad.

Ummm wtf
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Just walking up to people and they're willingly saying yes to being hung? For as much don't believe the media ? some of y'all talk y'all fall for the dumbest ? sometimes
  • bambu
    edited July 2016
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Just walking up to people and they're willingly saying yes to being hung? For as much don't believe the media ? some of y'all talk y'all fall for the dumbest ? sometimes

IDK.....

There is something up with this.....

There is a hanging that is ruled a suicide consistently for the past few years.......

I read about some of the victims to be mentally unstable.......

They may be targeting them.....

156919_1418757123896_1681704363_837558_2011085_n.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What?

What?
    https://youtu.be/Qhx7sTOU4rY
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

IDK.....

There is a hanging that is ruled a suicide consistently for the past few years.......

hqdefault.jpg

Dont forget the African man in NewJerz.
    And that football teen in the Carolinas
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF..It's time to have a sitdown with the family...
  • bambu
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

I need to make a list.....

Too many of these get pushed off as suicide......

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

i remember the carolina teen story. it happened in a city an hour or two away from me. apparently the teen was ? an older white woman & he lived in a "sun down" town. found his body in a.park. definitley wasnt a suicide
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What?

What?

? sick. That hit close. These coverups are open secrets.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

i remember the carolina teen story. it happened in a city an hour or two away from me. apparently the teen was ? an older white woman & he lived in a "sun down" town. found his body in a.park. definitley wasnt a suicide

whats a sun down town
  • bambu
    Options

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

whats a sun down town

https://youtu.be/hb8_FNQMvrs
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What?

What?

? Jasper, Texas. These KKK ? need to be assassinated as well.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

IDK.....

hqdefault.jpg

whats a sun down town

a town where it aint safe for ? to be outside once the sun goes down