Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    dasmooth1 wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    I'm going off what Hearn said in an interview. He said Brook would have to take a smaller cut to lure Vargas to the UK.

You seem to believe everything Hearn says without question.

That's the man doing the deal. There is no other info to go off. Except the odd conspiracy theory.

He was ONE of the men involved in the negotiations. If Eubank Sr comes out and contradicts him will you believe him as he was also doing the deal? Eddie Hearn is a promoter and promoting is all about public perception. This guy actually wants us to believe that he was able to get lawyers, broadcasters, fighters and sponsors to agree to this fight in 24 hours with little to no negotiations? If you believe that I got a bridge to sell you.

Now the Eubanks may have made outrageous demands. Given Sr's history that is very possible so I wouldn't blame Hearn for that. My main beef is with GGG for selecting Brook as a 'replacement' and Eddie Hearn with trying to play us like this just magically happened.

With the amount of people that have to sign off on a fight the likelihood is that this has been in the making since it was first talked about a few months ago and Eubank was used to make us think GGG would have a credible opponent for his UK debut. As it is GGG is getting that nice UK money with NO risk!

Ok, I just read yesterday that Brook had to accept the exact same terms that were offered to Eubanks Jr.

If that is indeed the case, then all Brook literally had to do was sign.

Yes Brook could just sign but what about lawyers and broadcasters and sponsors? I find it hard to believe they ALL signed off in 24 hours even if Brook did.

Eddie Hearn is a very shrewd operator and for his business he has pulled off an amazing coup here but as a fan of the sport I don't like this at all.

Smh I see you not letting this go. Lol I really don't give a ? how it happened bruh. From what my eyes and ears tell me, Eubanks didn't accept the terms as layed out, Brook did. End of discussion for me.

But you be mad about it, I'll be watching the fight cheering for my boy Brook.

m4dozo0w1bo7.jpg
    Modern boxers fight infrequently enough as it is to be wasting time in uncompetitive bouts, but if people are happy to see them waste their primes with mismatches then I hope in future we get the likes of Anthony Joshua feasting on light heavyweights. ? he might as well call out Kovalev next. Hell Terence Crawford should call out Rigondeaux after he deals with Postol. If catchweights and mismatches are the new trends then ? help this sport.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brooks overrated anyways. Nigha going to slee early in that fight. WW division belongs to one time
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When s the Bud fight?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Eubank Jr was offered the same PPV deal as Joshua, Froch, and the one that Brook accepted.

It just looks like Eubanks and his pops was unrealistic with their demands, especially when the fight was ready to be signed. Brook swooped in after a call from Hearns under the same terms and the rest is history.

Yeap pretty much I said this a few pages back. If it's good for Joshua it should be good for Eubank JR. Joshua is the biggest star over there you arent gonna get a better deal than him unless you are your own promoter or something like that.

Can´t blame the guy for wanting a better deal tho, hence, why fighters become their own promoters and start up their own promotion companies...

There's a better deal then there's greed and being unrealistic.
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Brooks overrated anyways. Nigha going to slee early in that fight. WW division belongs to one time

? running from Spence as we speak. Spence gonna beat Brook after this next fight then it's Keith Thurman
  • JLacey
    Options
    I think Postol has more of a chance than people are giving him
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going off what Hearn said in an interview. He said Brook would have to take a smaller cut to lure Vargas to the UK.

That's the man doing the deal. There is no other info to go off. Except the odd conspiracy theory.

He was ONE of the men involved in the negotiations. If Eubank Sr comes out and contradicts him will you believe him as he was also doing the deal? Eddie Hearn is a promoter and promoting is all about public perception. This guy actually wants us to believe that he was able to get lawyers, broadcasters, fighters and sponsors to agree to this fight in 24 hours with little to no negotiations? If you believe that I got a bridge to sell you.

Now the Eubanks may have made outrageous demands. Given Sr's history that is very possible so I wouldn't blame Hearn for that. My main beef is with GGG for selecting Brook as a 'replacement' and Eddie Hearn with trying to play us like this just magically happened.

With the amount of people that have to sign off on a fight the likelihood is that this has been in the making since it was first talked about a few months ago and Eubank was used to make us think GGG would have a credible opponent for his UK debut. As it is GGG is getting that nice UK money with NO risk!

Ok, I just read yesterday that Brook had to accept the exact same terms that were offered to Eubanks Jr.

Yes Brook could just sign but what about lawyers and broadcasters and sponsors? I find it hard to believe they ALL signed off in 24 hours even if Brook did.

Eddie Hearn is a very shrewd operator and for his business he has pulled off an amazing coup here but as a fan of the sport I don't like this at all.

Smh I see you not letting this go. Lol I really don't give a ? how it happened bruh. From what my eyes and ears tell me, Eubanks didn't accept the terms as layed out, Brook did. End of discussion for me.

m4dozo0w1bo7.jpg
    Modern boxers fight infrequently enough as it is to be wasting time in uncompetitive bouts, but if people are happy to see them waste their primes with mismatches then I hope in future we get the likes of Anthony Joshua feasting on light heavyweights. ? he might as well call out Kovalev next. Hell Terence Crawford should call out Rigondeaux after he deals with Postol. If catchweights and mismatches are the new trends then ? help this sport.

C'mon fam, you doing too much. You acting like you the only ? against catch weights, uncompetitive bouts, etc... Not one ? came in here and flat out said it's a fair fight, it's a good fight, etc...

We all know what it is man, you preaching to the choir my ? . Most of us said the fight is ? , Brook getting KO'd, etc... same ? we said when Khan signed up to fight Canelo. It's no different.

But I'm not going to sit around and continously gripe about something 24/7. I said my peace about this fight and I've moved on. Rooting for the underdog.

I know you're fairly new to posting in this thread on the regular like most of us in here but we go through this constantly. We've had lengthy conversation about all of the ? in boxing.

But ? help this sport? Bruh, no matter the match ups, boxing ain't going nowhere, it never died, etc...
  • Mastery
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

? running from Spence as we speak. Spence gonna beat Brook after this next fight then it's Keith Thurman

You think GGG going to ruin Brook? Is that why you've switched your position on who wins vs Brook and Spence?

@JLacey
  • JLacey
    Options

You think GGG going to ruin Brook? Is that why you've switched your position on who wins vs Brook and Spence?

@JLacey

A little bit but nah. I just think Spence will beat him now
  • JLacey
    Options

@JLacey

But what GGG gonna do to this ? not gonna be healthy
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I been out the loop GGG vs Brook confirmed?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homie said ? help this sport

3n5cb7fai7bl.gif
  • Mastery
    Options
    Damn I been out the loop GGG vs Brook confirmed?

Yeah ? lmao! Reading is fundamental.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Homie said ? help this sport

3n5cb7fai7bl.gif

Lmao!
  • dasmooth1
    dasmooth1 Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Options

m4dozo0w1bo7.jpg

C'mon fam, you doing too much. You acting like you the only ? against catch weights, uncompetitive bouts, etc... Not one ? came in here and flat out said it's a fair fight, it's a good fight, etc...

We all know what it is man, you preaching to the choir my ? . Most of us said the fight is ? , Brook getting KO'd, etc... same ? we said when Khan signed up to fight Canelo. It's no different.

But I'm not going to sit around and continously gripe about something 24/7. I said my peace about this fight and I've moved on. Rooting for the underdog.

I know you're fairly new to posting in this thread on the regular like most of us in here but we go through this constantly. We've had lengthy conversation about all of the ? in boxing.

But ? help this sport? Bruh, no matter the match ups, boxing ain't going nowhere, it never died, etc...

Not new at all bruh. Been browsing Allhiphop since 2002. Was an active poster from 2003 - 2006 and was here for the original boxing thread so I know what it is.

Of course boxing ain't going nowhere but in the absence of Floyd and Pacquiao nobody is striking to take the mantle they held. GGG star is being forced on us without the guy proving it and I think it's farcical. Also i'm a Brook fan and think he could be ruined after this fight. I think this will turn out to be very bad decision career-wise for him after he gets knocked out mercilessly.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

m4dozo0w1bo7.jpg

Exactly
  • aneed123
    Options
    Brook Khan ggg Jacob's Adonis vs Ward kovalev winner and Thurman vs Spence or Garcia would be a great popcorn card.... but noooo
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options

m4dozo0w1bo7.jpg

Not new at all bruh. Been browsing Allhiphop since 2002. Was an active poster from 2003 - 2006 and was here for the original boxing thread so I know what it is.

Of course boxing ain't going nowhere but in the absence of Floyd and Pacquiao nobody is striking to take the mantle they held. GGG star is being forced on us without the guy proving it and I think it's farcical. Also i'm a Brook fan and think he could be ruined after this fight. I think this will turn out to be very bad decision career-wise for him after he gets knocked out mercilessly.

I didn't say you were new fam. I said you are new to posting in this thread on the regular lol

I been on this ? since 2002 so I know what it is as well. Everything you said, most of us have acknowledged, save a few.
  • Mastery
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

m4dozo0w1bo7.jpg

Exactly

And here come this ? @aneed123 lmao! Fam we all KNOW how you feel regarding this haha. That ? ain't said ? that you haven't already said. Lol
  • aneed123
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • dasmooth1
    dasmooth1 Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Options

m4dozo0w1bo7.jpg

I didn't say you were new fam. I said you are new to posting in this thread on the regular lol

I been on this ? since 2002 so I know what it is as well. Everything you said, most of us have acknowledged, save a few.

Hey man I just want to see competitive fights. Imagine since Brook beat Porter this will be his fourth uncompetitive fight in a row. Just so happens this time he'll be on the end of a beating.

For years in the UK Brook moaned about how he wants the big fights, he beats Porter and we all think he is going to kick on. Since then his career has been a dud. He's going to become a cautionary tale on how not to manage a top fighter's career.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might just agree with JLacey, I hope this fight doesn´t ruin Brook, and that this doesn´t end up as a devasting knockout, as we all know the effect they have, some never recover, I hope this isn´t the case.

The welterweight division is now Keith´s and Spence´s.
  • Mastery
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So basically Eubank Sr. wanted operational control of the fight. He wanted to control the ticket prices, who would be on the undercard … talking about security and hotels, etc... everything the promoter is supposed to do haha

No wonder they lost out on the fight. Smh
  • JLacey
    Options
    I might just agree with JLacey, I hope this fight doesn´t ruin Brook, and that this doesn´t end up as a devasting knockout, as we all know the effect they have, some never recover, I hope this isn´t the case.

The welterweight division is now Keith´s and Spence´s.

Negative. ? Thurman. He proved he's top 5 with the Porter win. He knew what he was doing taking a porter fight and not fighting Brook or spence. Thurman still over rated but that was a good W. Honestly Carwford is big at 140. I don't think Thurman can beat him now