What do you think can be done about violence in many black communities?

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Give those black folks resources and there won't be a need for ? to rob steal or sell drugs etc. /thread

1. That requires social policies that might not be forthcoming. Can anything be done short of that?

2. I'm talking more specifically about violence, and if the violence really is more tied to the trading of insults than fighting over resources, it is not entirely clear that providing those resources would be the problem-solver that you're proposing.

Violence is the result of deprivation and the lack of resources. Give people better jobs and opportunities and there won't be a need for drug dealing, robberies etc.

Those are not the not the only causes of violence.

What else could it possibly be?

Listen, I have said one thing twice already in the thread. Are you reading what I am saying?

People beef over the trading of insults. People beef over perceived lack of respect. They also beef over women. Etc.

I just about ready to stop responding to you because you don't seem to be listening.
    White people that are much well off beef over those same things too. Rich white people beef over lack of respect and women as well. Sometimes among those well off white people they end in violence. Sometimes it don't. So based on that what do you think needs to happen to end violence in white communities?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    violence comes from the heart of the individual if we can change how the hearts and minds of black people operate then we can stop the violence that's not profit motivated... The random stupid violence can be stopped with proper moral training... this has to come from rebuilding the family and promoting proper gender roles and traditional values.

The profit motivated violence can be drastically reduced by ending the drug war
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Give those black folks resources and there won't be a need for ? to rob steal or sell drugs etc. /thread

1. That requires social policies that might not be forthcoming. Can anything be done short of that?

2. I'm talking more specifically about violence, and if the violence really is more tied to the trading of insults than fighting over resources, it is not entirely clear that providing those resources would be the problem-solver that you're proposing.

Violence is the result of deprivation and the lack of resources. Give people better jobs and opportunities and there won't be a need for drug dealing, robberies etc.

Listen, I have said one thing twice already in the thread. Are you reading what I am saying?

People beef over the trading of insults. People beef over perceived lack of respect. They also beef over women. Etc.

I just about ready to stop responding to you because you don't seem to be listening.
    White people that are much well off beef over those same things too. Rich white people beef over lack of respect and women as well. Sometimes among those well off white people they end in violence. Sometimes it don't. So based on that what do you think needs to happen to end violence in white communities?

They do beef over these things, and sometimes these beefs do lead to violence. But do whites' beef over lack of respect lead to as much violence as among young black men, and of the kind where people die as a result? I don't think so. So the question is: What explains the difference?
  • A Talented One
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    violence comes from the heart of the individual if we can change how the hearts and minds of black people operate then we can stop the violence that's not profit motivated... The random stupid violence can be stopped with proper moral training... this has to come from rebuilding the family and promoting proper gender roles and traditional values.

How is this relevant?
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Legalize drugs so that the government controll the sales..so that cant be done anymore...so make it unheard for bastard children to be born meaning out of wedlock.....? it I'm cure...it...dont teach about slavery at school home so society forgets easin racism... Have a program where they knock on your door for community work projects......yeah this music gotta stop two...we gotta stop beating are kids we must....what's the word conform

Huh?
  • 5th Letter
    Options

They do beef over these things, and sometimes these beefs do lead to violence. But do whites' beef over lack of respect lead to as much violence as among young black men, and of the kind where people die as a result? I don't think so. So the question is: What explains the difference?
    Prove that doesn't lead to as much violence. Go.
  • A Talented One
    Options

You think that a young black man calling another young black man a "? " or a "? " is just as likely to lead to violence (where someone dies) as when it's whites or other races?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

How is this relevant?

gender roles help determine behavior or at least guides behavior, young men don't know what proper adult manhood looks like therefore our community suffers from stupid childlike violence committed by young men who aren't really men they are perpetual teenagers.

Basically we young men don't know how to act and they never pass beyond the juvenile stages of manhood that's why soo many of these young dudes act like they are tough guys and don't survive or move pass that stupid chest beating stage of development. That all males should go through
  • 5th Letter
    Options

You think that a young black man calling another young black man a "? " or a "? " is just as likely to lead to violence (where someone dies) as when it's whites or other races?

Prove the previous post sir.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    I think @silverfoxx got close to the main issue in this post in the thread on RondoNumbaNine getting 39 years for murder. It's about a kind of hyper-masculinity that reserves the highest respect to those who are about the street life.
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    It is what it is.

This what them drill ? want out the game huh? Smh ? is sad and ? up all the way around.

Dude could have made his money from his music, but had to prove he wasn't "fufu" or a real ? with retaliation.

Ima be real honest because I rarely talk about this ? , but if a ? call me a ? , ? , hoe, etc and test my my manhood without causing me or my loved ones physical harm, then I would shrug that ? off like it's nothing, because most of this flexing street ? is all pride, and this is coming from someone who was around violence growing up.

Most of this ? can be avoided, and not everyone gets a shot at making nice money from music, so Rondo should have charged his L to the game and just got paid and dipped. But the allure of being "respected" and a street savage is what ? him, when the whole point of being in the streets IS TO MAKE MONEY ironically. ? what a ? think of me, I have nothing to prove to another man, in the end MONEY is the biggest power you can have and he didn't realize that unfortunately.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/548106/chicago-rapper-rondonumbanine-sentenced-to-39-years-for-murder#latest
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's impossible to stop black on black violence

Just like it's impossible to stop cracka on cracka violence, Mexican on Mexican violence

Crime will always happen
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we really takin this ? serious!? lol
  • A Talented One
    Options

Why is your ? still posting in this thread?

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

shut the ? up..

tumblr_m5vs92Edhf1qiuuwuo1_500.gif
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "keep armor piercing bullets on the street, where they belong!" - NRA

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My bad

I got lost in the sauce
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »

Just like it's impossible to stop cracka on cracka violence, Mexican on Mexican violence

Crime will always happen

This. Honestly. Ppl have free will.
  • A Talented One
    Options

shut the ? up..

Why don't you leave me the ? alone. You are a total waste of my time.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    700 wrote: »

Crime will always happen

This. Honestly. Ppl have free will.

You can reduce the violence even if it can't be completely eliminated.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    aint you suppose to be banned or some ? after a certain number a troll reactions?

I mean damn 2000 out of 4000 posts? + spam and abuse? CAC, i can divide

...........? damn, you were being literal. How the ? is 3,000 abuse & troll posts even possible lol.

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    close da club
    sterilize all hoodrats
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There will always be violence in the Black community. Just like there will always be violence in the white community, ? community, Asian community and every other community you care to throw in the argument.

Blacks need to stop perpetuating the lie that violence, ? , drug dealing, and all crime is concentrated in Black communities.

If, you believe or go by statistics Black ? Blacks at about 90% and whites ? whites at about 85%. The difference is negligible.

What we need is for stupid people to cease asking this stupid question.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There will always be crimes like robbery, assault, breaking & entering, etc. People will always want to get high so there will always be drug dealers.

Now can resources cut down on those crimes and the amount of people that turn to them? Yes they can but there will never be a crime and drug free society.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Violence is going down

And jobs is the answer

No, not anymore.

Experts cannot agree on what to call a recent rise in homicides, much less its cause, but new data on Friday that showed a sharp spike in homicide rates in more than 20 cities rekindled debate over whether it was time for alarm.

The data showed particularly significant increases in homicides in six cities in the first three months of the year compared with the same period last year — Chicago, Dallas, Jacksonville, Fla., Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Memphis. But almost as many cities reported a notable decline in recent months.

New York saw a 25 percent drop, while Las Vegas’s homicide total nearly doubled.

Law enforcement officials struggled to explain the numbers and differed over their significance....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us/murder-rates-cities-fbi.html?_r=0

Look at long term trends mr small island
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem seems to be antisocial upbringing due to a lack of parents/family in the home. We can give some credence to the argument of high unemployment and low access to education but in my travels I have found that the presence of a familial unit makes all of the difference. Places in Africa like Dakar, Senegal for example have high unemployment but low violent crime. The same experience was had in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. It seems that the antisocial, individualist way of life practiced here is antithetical to natural human behavior and interaction. We are practicing a way of life in direct contravention to our breed.