Do you have any friends/relatives in the police force?

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I alot(reservist). Some are ? and I wouldnt ? on them if they were on fire. The rest are coaches and mentors for some ex-cons and their kids. Genuine caring people. Two cats I was real close to and patrol the hood, Left the force. They loved their jobs but would tell me stories all the time about knowing calls and people situations to closely.

One family they both knew was all ? up. Uncle had touched or ? a number of the kids in the house. Father was a alky. Mother was certified. One of the kids was mentally unstable or bipolar. He would essentially put one of his brothers or sisters in the hospital once a month. They would put him in Juvenile but he get out because of his mental state and repeat the cycle. They knew those other kids were on a spiral to the bottom. They tried to have Human services do something but they could only monitor.

Sad story like that was a everyday thing to them. They eventually couldnt take it.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    My uncle was a PO.

Couple college friends I know are cops.

My future father-in-law and mother-in-law (RIP) were both cops in DC during the Marion Barry administration....maybe that's why they got the ? outta there.

AHHH WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!! A lot of those days are truly missed.

On the topic got a few good homies that are cops and they are same as when we were growing up. They haven't forgotten what it was like when we were growing up and how we were.

This. I know some good dudes that are cops. Talked to my man Earl yesterday and all he talking bout is how he eating off all this overtime. He saying he getting us a suite for the weekend once the MGM opens off his overtime.

Yea my uncle was the assistant warden out Lorton.. ? got caught up smashing off the female prisoners and getting head and ? from co workers Marion Barry was his man's though and he slid off and got a job as one of his security officers after that ? out Lorton

The stories that have come out that place(I don't even have the words).
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    funniest thing is that the wives of cops and police supporters go harder than the cops do when it comes to these issues...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Got a few friends working in the Miami Police Dept. Got a friend working in Coral Gables.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a few friends working in the Miami Police Dept. Got a friend working in Coral Gables.

Tell that friend let me buy some good seats for Hurricanes games for under face value since he a cop he might have gotten some for free!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was in the national guard a lot of the rednecks that drilled were also state troopers.... they were all racist ? em all. One of my close friends joined the police academy after going thru some hard financial times. He ended up working security at Tuskegee university. Ended up quitting after bout 3-4 years cuz of all the ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes know few guys that I went to school with that became cops. All ? off duty.

I have a personal family friend (my mom and his mom friends in Colombia before living in NJ before I was born) hes a cop in Jersey City not ? but IDK how he is on duty.

And um my brother a cop in Charlotte also in Army an E8...tell me stories about his police stuff..rather speak on that ? . Yes hes an ? .
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    My stepsister is married to a cop..HPD too.

He seems cool, but I don't say too much when he's at family functions.

I want to talk so much ? about this but going to leave it alone.

Don't ? up now after you took the time to quote my ? .
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a friend who was an MP and got a job in Broward County Florida, working for a municipality there. He quite his rookie year because he refused to falsify a report to exonerate 2 other officers on an excessive use of force charge.

Now he is a smoking buddy as well, leading to "HELL NAW" ain't anyone in my family a cop. We would shun their ass if they did. We don't believe they are the good guys. There are good cops, sure. There are good Muslims, most definitely, but if you sit aside and turn a blind eye to those claiming to uphold the law or ? in the name of your religion. Then you are a part of the problem, even "good" cops.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    older cousin is retired NYPD internal affairs. every time one of these situations happens he gets emotional on fb fighting off all the folks who have bad ? to say about cops
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Younger Cousin.. he makes like 90k with the San Jose pd, all he does all day is repsond to mexican domestic violence calls

90K? I thought the police didn't get paid that much. that what they say. ? that's a whole lot better of a take home salary than a teacher.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Pops was the Deputy Superintendent of Police in Jamaica. He would of gotten higher, but his womanizing ways cost him. lol One of the few honest Jamaican cops. lol

the mighty Quinn?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my best friends studied criminal justice in college. He's now a CO. He hates it but he's networking to get a job with the state police.

He tells me some hilarious stories about what happens inside a prison.

My next door neighbor older brother joined the DPD. He had a good looking wife and two beautiful little girls.

My mom called me 6 years ago he was on the news. He pulled over a chick downtown by Wayne State University and tried to coerce the chick into giving him head to throw the ticket out. She wasn't for it and he forced himself on her but she recorded the entire thing on her phone.

This ? now doing 20-30 years for sexual assault
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When I played basketball all through middle school and hs 2 of my main coaches were cops in the bay area. One was killed on the job bout 4 years ago.

I was young so I obviously never woulda known what typa cops they were without us there or how they feel about everything going on now but whenever we got in any trouble (traffic tickets, citations for doing dumb ? as teens etc), they took care of it. And the one that passed away was always taking people for ride alongs, grew up in the area he policed in (same as the other one), stayed tryna give ppl breaks so he didn't have to take anyone to jail. So based off that perception I'll always respect em and other cops like that.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at a family function it came out that one of the ladies, that i didnt know, was an undercover cop

and the subject quickly got dropped cause it wasn't jus family there and this was a time period where chicago was MUCH worse than the tv tries to tell u it is now...so it was dropped for her welfare
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My sister's husband a cop...got into a heated ass argument with him and my sister over the eric garner case...i dont talk to them about anything like that anymore because I know there's no point. That's why all that "we need more Black cops" ? ain't the move to me.

When my sister tries to act like she wants to start a conversation about any case that's in the news I be like "? crazy" and keep it moving.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    My uncle was a PO.

Couple college friends I know are cops.

My future father-in-law and mother-in-law (RIP) were both cops in DC during the Marion Barry administration....maybe that's why they got the ? outta there.

AHHH WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!! A lot of those days are truly missed.

On the topic got a few good homies that are cops and they are same as when we were growing up. They haven't forgotten what it was like when we were growing up and how we were.

This. I know some good dudes that are cops. Talked to my man Earl yesterday and all he talking bout is how he eating off all this overtime. He saying he getting us a suite for the weekend once the MGM opens off his overtime.

Yea my uncle was the assistant warden out Lorton.. ? got caught up smashing off the female prisoners and getting head and ? from co workers Marion Barry was his man's though and he slid off and got a job as one of his security officers after that ? out Lorton

I don't see how people can change but then I read and heard that a lot of those ? and crooked cops were either bullied so now they think they're the ? or already POS anyway.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    I can see a lot of black cops tryna fit in on some frat sht . I know a lot of lame ass ? in high school but now they bought they way in a frat and think they the sht but back home still corny as hell .
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see a lot of black cops tryna fit in on some frat sht . I know a lot of lame ass ? in high school but now they bought they way in a frat and think they the sht but back home still corny as hell .

u joining cpd?

can. u choose your district?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of those cops were jocks in high school or former military from what i've seen.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options

u joining cpd?

can. u choose your district?

TBH I still don't know I think Ima just join the airforce after I get my degree .
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's two ? from round my way thats police now..one is a good dude but the other went 'jump-out'/narcotics and transformed to super-cop. That's my homie for 30+ years and I wouldn't wanna ever get pulled over by that ? smh
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    funny story about my friend who is a CO.

he was in the prison working and he left his chap stick.

all he had was his girl's chap stick and it was strawberry scent.

not thinking of it he was like ? it I'm gonna put a little on cuz my lips are chapped.

outta nowhere this inmate yells "i smell a ? smelling like strawberry"

? wiped his mouth fast as hell and threatened to find the inmate with the chap stick and write them up cuz they not allowed to have none.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    A ? I went to school with is a cop. I never ask him about these current event stuff.