Question for Black people on this forum

Options

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    Dump your girl. She forgot to tell you the most IMPORTANT part. " DO NOT SHARE IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA"

I got it, mom dukes passed it on.
    So ? y'all in advance.
    My girl told me, it's a text telling us to start putting our money into black owned banks, boycott Target and minute maid products. I'm doing it but I don't get why boycott minute maid or target.

Nvm got the text.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    So, if I'm black, and didn't get ? , should I feel some type of way?

Just wondering.

I think it's cause I have a white name
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point the cats out the bag anyway.

It's not like text messages are secure. Still I'm loving the idea, it's about time we exercised our economic power.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I mean, it's still not out there unless some racist white dude joins this forum and starts clicking spoilers and seeing how we feel about bigots. I'm following suit of it but it's not like a lot of ppl will do it anyway.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    BlackCat wrote: »
    So ? y'all in advance.
    My girl told me, it's a text telling us to start putting our money into black owned banks, boycott Target and minute maid products. I'm doing it but I don't get why boycott minute maid or target.

This is it? You guys made it sound like a guerrilla
    welfare operation or some ? smh
    There got be more.
    This is it? You guys made it sound like a guerrilla
    welfare operation or some ? smh
    There got be more.
    You guys made it sound like a guerrilla
    welfare operation or some ?

made it sound like a guerrilla
    welfare operation

sound like a guerrilla
    welfare operation

guerrilla
    welfare operation

guerrilla
    welfare

Yo....

This is hilarious and unintentionally racist af
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I've actually looked into putting my money in black owned banks.. The issue is..

1. Customer Service.
    2. Not enough branches convenient to my location.

I would love to support black banks and black businesses in general but my time is valuable. I can't be spending x amount of time to get to the bank then spend x amount of time waiting in line to see a teller etc..

I'd rather pay the premium for convenience..

this

the homie knock twice sent me some info, and these places are WAY on the other side of town where i MIGHT go 2x a year. Not worth it for me to spend money to save money if that makes sense
  • AP21
    Options
    serious question tho, why couldnt someone like Kat, vibe, or biblical atheist be included in this? they are about as apart of the culture as we are
  • AP21
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    serious question tho, why couldnt someone like Kat, vibe, or biblical atheist be included in this? they are about as apart of the culture as we are

Everything ain't for everybody regardless of how cool they might seem or actually be.

thats a lil short sighted is it not?

if they are genuinely just as disgusted as you are, i dont think it matters if they have to have had the same experiences as you to empathize for your struggle.

they speak openly about injustices all the time, so if they decide to pull their resources as well, doesnt that ultimately achieve the same goal?

not everyone who doesnt look like us is against us fam
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I've actually looked into putting my money in black owned banks.. The issue is..

1. Customer Service.
    2. Not enough branches convenient to my location.

I would love to support black banks and black businesses in general but my time is valuable. I can't be spending x amount of time to get to the bank then spend x amount of time waiting in line to see a teller etc..

I'd rather pay the premium for convenience..

debated this earlier...told dude i'll hop ship in a heartbeat, but i ain't hoping on no icecream stick to navigate an ocean...

it's one thing working hard to acquire..and it's a whole different monster trying to maintain... anything not built on strong foundation will crumble.. there's enough power black men in ths country to build something that can support our people if they really want to spark this climate change...

i'm selfish as ? .. my family is ultimately more important to me than the rest of yall.....no apologies that's just my truth, i need assurances.....

you break this ? down to me, and make me understand how i can still support and provide the best future for my family under this new direction, and i'm all for it...

the seeds have been planted, and if dudes really serious about the ? ... it will all grow in time...but i will not risk my future on a whim, i'm patient enough to make sure whatever it is i'm placing us on is sturdy enough to handle the transition.....

after i'm convinced it's whatever.....

but dudes gotta realize business 101 is marketing, and convenience

people don't bank where they bank, and spend money where they spend money solely out of loyalty...they do it because it's marketed the best and most convenient to their needs...

you want the people to support your business, make sure you business supports the people's needs in return...

i will not be guilted to support out of an obligation...my obligation is to the future of my family.....that's what's most important to me....if i feel confident that will be protected...then i'm all for it
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ people putting out a covert message that says the same thing that people been saying for decades openly.

marketing
  • AP21
    Options

Chill bruh

https://youtu.be/ArHhMabjWwg

and yet, his OWN people were the ones who plotted to ? him

c'mon brah
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Chill bruh

c'mon brah

So the moral to that story is white people are more trustworthy than our own?

If we get crossed by our own, ? that's life. Always a Judas Iscariot slithering around. Any and every group has to watch for that

But if you get crossed by an outsider, ain't no one gonna feel sorry for you. Especially with their history of double speech and crocodile tears
  • AP21
    Options

Chill bruh

c'mon brah

So the moral to that story is white people are more trustworthy than our own?

If we get crossed by our own, ? that's life. Always a Judas Iscariot slithering around

But if you get crossed by an outsider, ain't no one gonna feel sorry for you. Especially with their history of double speech and crocodile tears

if thats what you took from my response, then there is no need to continue this dialog

have a good day fam
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I plan to participate even though I question how effective this will be.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    I plan to participate even though I question how effective this will be.

I wonder how effective things like this can be too. Walmart and Target are big employers of black people (even though they are both ? companies, especially Walmart). When you hurt those organizations, ultimately you'll be hurting black people too. I get the concept, but there really aren't enough black alternatives to really go all out on these kinda boycots. I guess that's why the message had it all split up by day.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

stanley-the-office-o.gif

We are grown ass men and women and we are fighting back with a by-invitation-only boycott of JUICE?!? Juice, ? .... JUICE .
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got it this morning and shared it with all my white friends later in the day.

Why he not banned for this post? ? modding
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chill bruh

c'mon brah

? the CIA and the Mob were behind that ? just like with MLK don't even do that
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

Actually Lou got traded to our race for Stacey Dash in the draft last year. I forwarded him the text cause he's my black friend.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

stanley-the-office-o.gif

We are grown ass men and women and we are fighting back with a by-invitation-only boycott of JUICE?!? Juice, ? .... JUICE .
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Lol @ the secrecy like ya'll got this ? through encrypted channels.

dead @ thinking the authorities can't read your txt messages.

Cops had my ? txt messages for selling weed back in the day. NICKELS AND DIMES. But ya'll out here acting like you maintaining radio silence and operational security about subversive activity by not talking about txt messages on a ? message board lol foh

Learn how to use encrypt w/ TOR and communicate through the darknet anonymously if you truly bout that life..........

Because all you message board revolutionary ? are already on a list. Believe that. Especially after this weekend.

Took 4 pages for some good sense to emerge, and I disagree wit these dudes 98% of the time

And more ? could be said but like I said
    I'm not even gonna go in... Cuz if this is true, I quit

I still got faith in my people tho. That ain't the real message, they prolly laughing at us in the ?