33 dummys in Brooklyn OD'd smoking k2 Synthetic Marijuana

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/nyregion/k2-synthetic-marijuana-overdose-in-brooklyn.html
33 Suspected of Overdosing on Synthetic Marijuana in Brooklyn
12K2-master768.jpg
There is a word that local residents and workers use to describe a group of drug users whose presence they say has grown around a busy Brooklyn transit hub: zombies. What was once a few familiar faces has turned into a tribe of strangers, walking around, staggering and looking lost, in the throes, it is believed, of the ill effects of K2, a synthetic drug that officials in New York have been working hard to eradicate.
On Tuesday, the longstanding problem became a local crisis on this gritty patch, on the border of two developing neighborhoods, Bedford-Stuyvesant and Bushwick. In the area around the subway station at Myrtle Avenue and Broadway, emergency workers transported 33 people who were suspected of overdosing on K2 to hospitals, the police said. The powerful drug, also known as Spice or synthetic marijuana, has grown in popularity in recent years despite public warnings.

Eight people were taken from the Stockton Street area to Woodhull Medical Center suffering from “altered mental states,” lethargy and respiratory issues around 9:40 a.m., a spokesman for the Fire Department said. Others were found in the surrounding area.
K2 has been around for many years, but its pervasiveness and popularity with homeless people caused health officials to warn of a public health crisis last summer. In 2015, New York City had more than 6,000 emergency room visits involving the drug and two deaths, according to the health department.
The police said they had recently targeted the area for arrests and seizures of K2. Residents said the drug used to be available at convenience stores in the area, but is no longer visible on shelves.
Nury Rodriguez, 55, a hairstylist at A Cut Above, on Stockton Street, said she had grown accustomed to the group of men congregating on the street in the morning. Usually they loiter and smoke all day. Some “act crazy,” she said. On Tuesday morning, she was surprised to see a few falling to the ground.

Comments

• WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Research chemicals SUCK, no matter what drug they are trying to duplicate, keep it natural folks.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppl died smoking a fake drug to avoid going to jail because of the real drug that doesn't ? you.

America is ? up bro. I'm moving to CANADA in 5 years. I've been saving up 4 5 years already.

you won't even go to jail for smoking weed in Brooklyn
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn that's right up the street from me. those zombies are annoying as ? - i just thought they were all on heroin but they're smoking that stupid ? ?

there's so much weed and ? in these streets why the hell would anybody be out here hooked on a synthetic drug you can buy off the shelf in a damn bodega?
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    damn that's right up the street from me. those zombies are annoying as ? - i just thought they were all on heroin but they're smoking that stupid ? ?

there's so much weed and ? in these streets why the hell would anybody be out here hooked on a synthetic drug you can buy off the shelf in a damn bodega?
    I heard cuz it's so damn cheap. You could prolly get like 10 blunts of the K2 for the price of a gram of dank. But I feel ya tho. Powder is better than that synthetic weed ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Spice doesn't show up in your system
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I know this kid who is a close friend to my aunt and them... Well kid was heavy on drugs or w.e. So he had stopped to regain his parents trust and of course to stay out of trouble ( heavy Christian believers my aunt and his parents) well some time after he had been sober for a while I guess he needed a hit and he had asked his moms for $5, knowing him she was a little hesitant but said you know what I'll trust you this time. Kid left came back late in the afternoon and went straight to his room. The mom realized something was off about dude so she couldn't sleep right. Woke up about 3am to go check on homie and found him covered up to his chin but he was awake looking like a zombie. Dawg this dude had copped that fake ? tripped out on it and had slid his throat yo he made it but Doc told ol' girl that's a Miracle cause he vas literally inches away from the other side straight up. That fake ? no joke. Ever since I started hearing about synthetic Mary j and synthetic this or that I was like pppsssshh ? sounds like a government test for dummies. If I did I would only mess with natural herb what makes people think the ? is safe anyway with the word synthetic in your system no disrespect to those of you who tried it but is not a good look stay away from that nonsense
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh I had to kick some lil ? off my floor for smoking that told them to get there bumass weed off my floor the smell of that ? is horrible ? ? me off to even smell it
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2016
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Ppl died smoking a fake drug to avoid going to jail because of the real drug that doesn't ? you.

America is ? up bro. I'm moving to CANADA in 5 years. I've been saving up 4 5 years already.

They damn sure threw me in jail for smoking weed in manhattan. That was like 5 years ago in LES. Open air smoking will still get you locked if they feel like it just like a open beer.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? smoking tunechi

They ? crazy
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

They damn sure threw me in jail for smoking weed in manhattan. That was like 5 years ago in LES. Open air smoking will still get you locked if they feel like it just like a open beer.

Story I heard was that in Brooklyn the DA was directing cops not to bother much with low level weed posession (then of course he threw away all that good will by letting off the Asian cop who killed Akai Gurley).

That's Brooklyn though. I don't know about Manhattan.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2016
    Options

Story I heard was that in Brooklyn the DA was directing cops not to bother much with low level weed posession (then of course he threw away all that good will by letting off the Asian cop who killed Akai Gurley).

Possession is one thing, open air smoking is another. If it's in your pocket, they not concerned, they just don't want to see you burning. That's probably changed too at least in BK, but i'm still leary.

? the DA though, he trying to railroad my nephew and build a career off him. Through his name and info in the paper talking about he part of a conspiracy knowing damn well he wasn't connected with none of those people in that raid (snatched people up from different locations) other then knowing a few of them growing up.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is the devil. Had me thinking I was surronded by black trucks with peope smiling on some Black Hole Sun ? . Never, ever, again.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if folks want to smoke spice/k2 knowing what it does to you, then ? , let them continue to smoke that dumb ? .
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lighting on that pic tho. Could of swore that was a cutscene still from GTA
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We're gonna be smoking legally up here next year.
  • BobOblah
    Options

Possession is one thing, open air smoking is another. If it's in your pocket, they not concerned, they just don't want to see you burning. That's probably changed too at least in BK, but i'm still leary.

? the DA though, he trying to railroad my nephew and build a career off him. Through his name and info in the paper talking about he part of a conspiracy knowing damn well he wasn't connected with none of those people in that raid (snatched people up from different locations) other then knowing a few of them growing up.

Oh yea it's definitely ? the DA
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope these idiots realize they're smoking potpourri because that's what that ? is.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I hope these idiots realize they're smoking potpourri because that's what that ? is.

It's actually a chemical sprayed on that, and most don't know what it is. It's supposed to affect the same brain receptors as Marijuana which is why it's really technically a Synthetic Cannabinoid.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaan, check this..dude i cop a dub from is on parole, so he stay on the K2 ? ..I tell him everytime, bruh, you gonna bug out, ? 'll have you butt naked in the street and ? ... WEEEEELLLLL...

I hit dude up for a sack, he calls back and says "Can I come get the money, cause I need gas, then i'll get that for you?" Hes barely understandable, so I was like, "yeah just come through"...he gets here, "Yo, Im gonna ride with you to the gas station." Somethin didnt feel right, although he's never stiffed me before in the 5 yrs i been rockin wit dude...but still...

So we head down the street, theres literally a gas station to our left less than 2 miles, he goes right, okay Im thinkin he bout to hit another one a few miles away...all of sudden dude pulls out this aluminom foil wit some spice in it, he rolls a quick J and starts puffin...

Im like, this mufucka out of it yo..we rollin, gas tank on E, we come up on the gas staion finally, he pulls in and a cop pulls out, dude sits at the pump for like 2 mins..im thinkin he bout to get out and pump, NOPE, dude takes off, and starts toward the highway!!

I said "Duke, you want a gas station right, man go here"...we hit the gas station 3 blocks away, I get out to pay, 15 dollars in gas and the rest on cigarettes (cause he wanted some)

So on the way home i was askin him questions tryin to keep him alert, tryin to keep a convo goin...

MAAAAAAAAAN we get back to his crib, he was my neighbor, he goes to his house, comes out wit my sack.....? didnt make no got damn sense...
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im lookin at dude like this the whole way
    ab244bd21afbfe88bc05e706e199b893.jpgI was calm as hell though even though I was buggin out inside...this mufucka was so out of it, I really wanted to hop out that ?  at a red light or dip on him in the gas station we stopped at..
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Go to Montreal. Much better than the 6.

Mt. Royale shows a very great sight of the city from the peak.