Eminem Made A ? South Album?: Serious +Recovery Album Discussion

Options
geechee slim
geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Reason
So here's my synopsis.

Eminem has made an album to try to sound like most [southern?] rap tracks you hear on the radio now. And it's not so much the beat selection, but sometimes the hooks, and themes of the songs.

For example:^^^ Sounds like any pop rap dance song. White version of coonery.
^^^ Em and Wayne both singing. Great song, but singing sucks.
^^^^ Now he tries to sing like R. Kelly

Slim Shady, MMLP, Eminem Show, and even Encore felt like better albums. Recovery seems like steps in the direction of sounding like everybody else. +Recovery is a great album, but some tracks sound like selling out.

Comments

• TheKing203
    TheKing203 Banned Users Posts: 724
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eminem has been as ever since he came back
  • finboy
    finboy Members Posts: 109
    edited July 2010
    Options
    beat selection DEFINITELY sound like south tracks, the drums especially. it's not surprising that he tried to match up his beats with whatever gets the most radio play right now, i think it was a stupid move from a quality perspective, but it went platinum anyways, like every eminem cd always will.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Some songs do have a southern sound to them most notably "No Love", but please enlighten me to how Eminem made a ? South album when none of these songs sound remotely Southern:

Cold Wind Blows- this sounds like a typical Dr. Dre track even though it is produced by Just Blaze
    Talkin' 2 Myself- this is Rock influenced w/ a little touch of Dre to it too
    On Fire- G-Unite circa '04
    Won't Back Down- a glorified Rap/Rock hybrid that has been common place in Hip Hop since the days of Run DMC and LL
    W.T.P.- Not even remotely Southern. Club track? Yes, but what about this song is Southern. In fact it's more "Lean Back" than "Pretty Boy Swag"
    Goin' Thru Changes- an Emo-rap song. It sounds more Cudi than Lil' Wayne
    Not Afraid- the first song that could actually be Southern rap record. I could actually hear T.I. on this.
    Seduction- Another record that sounds kind of Southern

No Love- This one is definitely a Southern sounding track
    Space Bound- Again, this is one of those Rap/Rock hybrids
    Cinderella Man- This sounds like "Til' I Collapse Pt. 2" sonically. Don't hear any Southern influences
    25 To Life- This kind of has country feel to it with the guitar and all. This sounds more like Rihanna's "Rehab" or Madonna's "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" sonically than it does a Southern record.
    So Bad- Typical Dre track
    Almost Famous- This sounds like a Dre track even though Khalil produced it. This is the most MMLP-esque record he's done in a minute
    Love The Way You Lie- The only thing Southern about this record is that it sounds like B.o.B.'s "Airplanes" which doesn't even sound Southern
    You're Never Over- This one sounds similar to T.I.'s "Live Your Life"
    Untitled Bonus- Nothing Southern on this one either. If anything it sounds like Jay's "My First Song".

That's three songs out of 17. Conclusion: this thread is a reach.
  • Mockingbird
    Mockingbird Members Posts: 82
    Options
    My 2nd fave album of his after The Eminem Show

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    My 2nd fave album of his after The Eminem Show

? this thread and that album. Both y'all garbage.

Lock this ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was some pop trash