What do you think it'll take to lessen the division among black people?

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
We as a people are so divided it's not even funny. We know the source of the division is white supremacy. Between the ? , the black feminists, and black ? people. But what in your opinion should we do to become more unified in the face of everything?

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it would take something external to get everybody on the same page. This might sound crazy but I think a Trump presidency which would probably make racism mainstream again would probably do it better than anything.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't think there is a race that's not divided.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Black" people are made up of extremely diverse groups so idk the answer

The only thing "black" people in common is being oppressed by white supremacist
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love black folk but some of them is the problem to the group itself straight up and I couldn't care less about
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not happening.. too much frivolity
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's wrong with division though. White people aren't united. Most northern whites look at southern whites as rednecks, hillbillies,etc.

I think it's good to have diversity in racial groups because we are not a monolith. What we must have is respect for one another.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Time, money and wealthy black people investing/backing public officials WITHIN and from our community to serve our interests on a local level just as how the Chinese and Jews do. The next issue is to tackle poverty in the black community.

Its deeper than that.. what you are talking about is economics.. nothing to do with our divisions/hate/jealousy/indifference towards the next one
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What's wrong with division though. White people aren't united. Most northern whites look at southern whites as rednecks, hillbillies,etc.

I think it's good to have diversity in racial groups because we are not a monolith. What we must have is respect for one another.

They run ? . Other minority groups are more unified than us.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

No they're not. Chinese people hate Koreans, Japanese hate both,etc. lol

When you say black people. There are all types of blacks (American, Caribbean, South America, African).
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

No they're not. Chinese people hate Koreans, Japanese hate both,etc. lol

When you say black people. There are all types of blacks (American, Caribbean, South America, African).

But yet they put aside their differences to help Peter Liang get off despite him deserving jail time. Even if other groups have internal issues they'll put aside their ? for a bigger cause.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A common enemy
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Tragedy, unfortunately. When's the last time you seen Americans unite as one? 9/11
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats a good question. I think integration has done a lot of damage. You also have Blacks that will sell out their community to be rewarded by the greater society. I also think it has something to do with culture. We don't have a sense of cultural unity.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Tragedy, unfortunately. When's the last time you seen Americans unite as one? 9/11

Americans didn't unite as one after 9/11. Just ask any Muslim in this county who is an American citizen how they were treated after 9/11.

Hell, they didn't even have to be Muslim. Pretty much any middle eastern, Indian, Hindu, etc.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GENOCIDE and NEAR EXTERMINATION of our people.

Worked for the Jews. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »

Americans didn't unite as one after 9/11. Just ask any Muslim in this county who is an American citizen how they were treated after 9/11.

Hell, they didn't even have to be Muslim. Pretty much any middle eastern, Indian, Hindu, etc.

Thats a very small percentage of America but you know what Im sayin.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like how us getting killed ultimately morphs into a discussion of what we need to do better
  • playmaker88
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

? what?

? get a dictionary
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

? what?

Cs had sudden pain in my brain when reading that lol
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I deeply deeply deeply despise atheism so I probably won't want to ever unite with a black atheist I am also totally disgusted with Hebrew Israelites and black people who consider themselves moors.

I would sooner unite with a black muslim before I unite with these idiots^^^^ and by now everyone here should know how I feel about islam
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop being so damn sensitive.

Every disagreement ain't got to be a personal attack...

Just cuz we got different opinions, beliefs, ideals, and strategies on certain ? .... Don't mean we gotta beef....

And that goes to everybody but ESPECIALLY our people cuz we got a responsibility to be able to work with one another if we ever going to make any kind of positive difference