Comments

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • camz01
    camz01 Members Posts: 12
    edited July 2016
    Options
    one small problem i got with african-americans though is they have a tendency to black-wash other cultures thinking everyone is black....

i.e. perpetuating the idea that ricans are black admixed therefore making them more attractive than mexicans....most ricans i see tend to look like wogs or mestizos like these folks

Belgodere_2008.jpg
    puerto-rican-family-25962637.jpg

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    camz01 wrote: »
    one small problem i got with african-americans though is they have a tendency to black-wash other cultures thinking everyone is black....

i.e. perpetuating the idea that ricans are black admixed therefore making them more attractive than mexicans

I don't know about the attractiveness factor (it's a personal taste), but puerto ricans are black admixed factually. So are many mexicans, but they don't like to admit it.
  • camz01
    camz01 Members Posts: 12
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

i.e. perpetuating the idea that ricans are black admixed therefore making them more attractive than mexicans

I don't know about the attractiveness factor (it's a personal taste), but puerto ricans are black admixed factually. So are many mexicans, but they don't like to admit it.

i understand but at the same time i often hear african-americans refer to mexicans/ricans/all latinos as if they were one monolithic group, "spanish" as if they all looked the same to them and they couldnt distinguish a mexican from a puerto rican from a venezuelan and so on
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

i understand but at the same time i often hear african-americans refer to mexicans/ricans/all latinos as if they were one monolithic group, "spanish" as if they all looked the same to them and they cant distinguish a mexican from a puerto rican from a venezuelan and so on

That's because people are ignorant. Regardless, i've never seen Blacks mix up PRs, DRs, or Cubans with Mexicans. But they are all Latin and share similar cultural traits because of Hispanic, and African influence. I've seen them lumped in with South and Central America (those with prominent native admixture), but America does that in general. I'm sure it's not just mexicans jumping over the Mexican border, but they are the ones that are mainly accused.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @stew @sion I think it's that weird Cambodian troll again
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WGTOW wrote: »
    50% european.....I know they lying now b.

No they not! I'm a member of 23andme and I'm sharing with a ? load of Puerto Ricans who are sharing their genetic profile and they are all 50% or more European, same thing with Dominicans. Puerto Ricans are racially triracial, and generally have more European and Native admixture than African in their genetics.

jl2efa.jpg

I don't know why yall keep trying to make Latin Americans more blacker than they are, the current genetic research is not supporting all these claims.

I don't about that. Slaves were brought from Africa quite quickly after Hispaniola was colonized because the natives were killed off in a very short period. Not a lot of taino DNA to go around when they were all killed that soon
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    WGTOW wrote: »
    50% european.....I know they lying now b.

No they not! I'm a member of 23andme and I'm sharing with a ? load of Puerto Ricans who are sharing their genetic profile and they are all 50% or more European, same thing with Dominicans. Puerto Ricans are racially triracial, and generally have more European and Native admixture than African in their genetics.

jl2efa.jpg

I don't know why yall keep trying to make Latin Americans more blacker than they are, the current genetic research is not supporting all these claims.

I don't about that. Slaves were brought from Africa quite quickly after Hispaniola was colonized because the natives were killed off in a very short period. Not a lot of taino DNA to go around when they were all killed that soon

Puerto Ricans do have a large amount of native ancestry especially for a Caribbean ppl

They are of mostly European and African ancestry tho
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    How did I miss this thread

Fletcher_original.gif?1354598008

Boricua, Morena!!!!
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They fell off IMO
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wont participate to that nonsense.

Gimme a BLACK WOMAN. ? all that
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    There is too much confusion with black people and people from Latin America and the Caribbean when it comes to race, ethnicity, and nationality...

I am going to end that confusion with this post. The differences between black/mixed people in North America, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean are the language, culture, and nationality... that's it. We are all the same...

When the slave trade was popping in the West the English mostly settled in North America, the Spanish settled in the Caribbean and what is now known as Latin America, the Portuguese settled in Latin America, and the French Settled in the Caribbean. Black people were already living and thriving in these areas waaaaaaaaay before the Europeans and Christopher Columbus got lost and wound up here... Don't believe the hype about the African slave trade... When the Europeans came they mixed with the black people who already inhabited these areas... thus why black/mixed Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans, etc. speak Spanish, thus why black/mixed Brazilians speak Portuguese, thus why Haitians speak French, and thus why us black people in North America speak English...

Yeah, every person in Latin America and the Caribbean isn't black or mixed, there are plenty people of mostly European descent in those areas, and it would be foolish to call EVERY Cuban, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Dominican, Brazilian, etc. black... but the black and mixed people from there are the same as us in North America... we are only separated by language, culture, and petty nationalistic differences.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not enough pictures of PR women..

i aint read ? in this thread but.. Ricans can be of any hue and race.. Many people dont know their make up and wont know.. Some could be all spaniard/black/native a combo of each of those among other.. just keep that in mind
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not enough pictures of PR women..

i aint read ? in this thread but.. Ricans can be of any hue and race.. Many people dont know their make up and wont know.. Some could be all spaniard/black/native a combo of each of those among other.. just keep that in mind

The combo don't matter... if you are mixed with black, anywhere you go in the world you are going to be identified as black especially if you look black... that one drop rule applies damn near anywhere on the planet. People don't care if you are 99% European or whatever, if you look black you are black no matter how light or dark you are...

and ? black folks in America can be any hue and mixed with other races but they are still black... now whether or not they want to be identified as black is another story...

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    ? . More race mixing ? and propaganda. This is to breed out black people and you see how they slid that ? fifty percent european?

There's a large population of black Puerto Ricans

BtquSUICYAE2p7f.jpg

Mayweather Trolled The ? Out Of Mexicans With That ?

And then more by putting all his fights on cinco de mayo and Mexican independence day lmao
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is too much confusion with black people and people from Latin America and the Caribbean when it comes to race, ethnicity, and nationality...

I am going to end that confusion with this post. The differences between black/mixed people in North America, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean are the language, culture, and nationality... that's it. We are all the same...

When the slave trade was popping in the West the English mostly settled in North America, the Spanish settled in the Caribbean and what is now known as Latin America, the Portuguese settled in Latin America, and the French Settled in the Caribbean. Black people were already living and thriving in these areas waaaaaaaaay before the Europeans and Christopher Columbus got lost and wound up here... Don't believe the hype about the African slave trade... When the Europeans came they mixed with the black people who already inhabited these areas... thus why black/mixed Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans, etc. speak Spanish, thus why black/mixed Brazilians speak Portuguese, thus why Haitians speak French, and thus why us black people in North America speak English...

Yeah, every person in Latin America and the Caribbean isn't black or mixed, there are plenty people of mostly European descent in those areas, and it would be foolish to call EVERY Cuban, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Dominican, Brazilian, etc. black... but the black and mixed people from there are the same as us in North America... we are only separated by language, culture, and petty nationalistic differences.

Whooooo is teaching this new lie....niggger....the slave trade happen we where not here...African american now are black an white mix we are the newest race on earth be happy in that
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never been with a PR girl. But I hear you can get them to eat ass pretty easily. lol.
  • smp4life
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Any body with light skin ages badly compared to darker people

Asian girls age the best. Until they hit like 65 or so.
  • smp4life
    Options
    But seriously this eugenics ? and "perfect" human ? is gross. I hope to public funds went to this research. This biologist should be (e-40 voice) molly-whoped and (cube voice) gaffled.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »

No they don't. Especially Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese. Filipinos and Thai's age the best out of all the Asians.
  • smp4life
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

No they don't. Especially Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese. Filipinos and Thai's age the best out of all the Asians.

Respectfully disagree. I've seen a lot of older asian girls and they are holding it together.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Never been with a PR girl. But I hear you can get them to eat ass pretty easily. lol.

Huh?!
  • smp4life
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

Huh?!

I heard they freaky. I'm sure it's just a stereotype.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

zrsm9w2re2ex.gif