Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those high powered rifles.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My friend is telling me that they are mischaracterizing the hell out of this incident. It sounds like there was a shootout amongst civilians. The cops showed up and ? lost. They weren't targeted tho.

That's just what I heard tho.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My friend is telling me that they are mischaracterizing the hell out of this incident. It sounds like there was a shootout amongst civilians. The cops showed up and ? lost. They weren't targeted tho.

Ehhh... where are the civilian bodies though.. This ? still developing well know soon enough..

sounds as if early indicators are they used the shots fired as a pretense.. i just cant see how 6 cops get popped in a civilian shooting and no civilians popped
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Folks are quickly blaming this on BLM but werent they quickly claiming that Dylan Roof was a "lone wolf" when he shot those folks in that church?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://talkingpointsmemo.com
    Conflicting Reports

By JOSH MARSHALL PublishedJULY 17, 2016, 1:11 PM EDT

We now have confirmation that three police officers have died as the result of gunshot wounds in this morning's shooting in Baton Rouge; another three were wounded, in at least one case very seriously.

We are also getting the first eyewitness reports suggesting that the shooting began before at a convenience store before police arrived on the scene. By implication this would suggest that an intentional ambush of police officers - the assumption must have understandably jumped to - may not be correct. Eyewitness reports, particularly in the heat of the moment and in response to incidents involving traumatic violence, are notoriously untrustworthy. However, these new reports emphasize that we do not know precisely what happened in Baton Rouge this morning or why. What we do know is that three police officers are dead and apparently on assailant.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Black men been getting killed unarmed for centuries. A few cops get killed because ppl getting tired of they BS and u got the nerve worry about the possibility of a NARATIVE being changed in their favor?
    giphy.gif

Black Lives Matter aint no ? damn terrorist group. Anybody with any sense knows that. And we aint going to ever stop saying that ? . No matter what these scared, shook, and petrified ? think.
  • texas409
    Options
    @Texas409 you think ? gonna lay down their hate and pettiness for one another to come together for a greater cause.. besides their is something you are missing... black lives dont matter to ? that shooting each other in the face.... matter of fact it would be utterly hilarious for them to support a movement while gutting their own. this is he real world not disney... Some ? gotta be left over there.

I believe anything is possible.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ehhh... where are the civilian bodies though.. This ? still developing well know soon enough..

sounds as if early indicators are they used the shots fired as a pretense.. i just cant see how 6 cops get popped in a civilian shooting and no civilians popped

Good point.
  • texas409
    Options
    that was my question how did they get all these cops in one place to shoot at them? must have lured them in with free donuts...
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The point about the narrative being changed is that this isn't gonna be looked at as the revolution starting.

It's being looked at as 2 random shootings and news outlets and what not aren't looking at why people might feel this way to be doing this ? . They're just saying "? how dangerous it is to be a cop, you can't go against assault rifles with hand guns..."

All I can see coming from this though is some kind of law or bill that gives cops even more authority and higher caliber weapons.

Or one of these actual hate groups like the ? or one of these white nationalist groups believes that BLM is breeding "terrorists" and wanna take revenge.

The facts aren't all in with this case yet but at the end of the day I think this is doing more harm than good right now if they're just on some "let's ? cops" ? .
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    To everyone talking about a change in narrative if none of these cop shootings would have happened can you explain to me what you think would have changed if the "narrative" had stayed the same?

Exactly. ? really acting like things were getting better. They weren't.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    Zero ? given.....

a ? about to go out and catch some Pokemon

2vd1dt5.gif
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XmWKbv_Cow
    Head of Cleveland Police Union on Baton Rouge: Obama Has ‘Blood on His Hands’

The head of a Cleveland police union reacted to the shooting of multiple officers in Baton Rouge by going off on President Obama and a media culture that helps boost anti-cop narratives.

Detective Steve Loomis said that the shootings of police officers, from Dallas to now, started with what he deemed as a completely false narrative concerning the death of Alton Sterling.

He said that Obama has “validated the false narrative and the nonsense that Black Lives Matter and the media are pressing out there,” and he said the president has “bloom on his hands” that he won’t be able to wash off.

Loomis also scolded celebrities for using their platforms to spread “evil” messages.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    To everyone talking about a change in narrative if none of these cop shootings would have happened can you explain to me what you think would have changed if the "narrative" had stayed the same?

Exactly. ? really acting like things were getting better. They weren't.

who?
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to know the facts before jumping to conclusions. The shooter might have been defending himself.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    @Texas409 you think ? gonna lay down their hate and pettiness for one another to come together for a greater cause.. besides their is something you are missing... black lives dont matter to ? that shooting each other in the face.... matter of fact it would be utterly hilarious for them to support a movement while gutting their own. this is he real world not disney... Some ? gotta be left over there.

I believe anything is possible.

anything-is-possible-o.gif
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Is the shooter is white?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    The point about the narrative being changed is that this isn't gonna be looked at as the revolution starting.

It's being looked at as 2 random shootings and news outlets and what not aren't looking at why people might feel this way to be doing this ? . They're just saying "? how dangerous it is to be a cop, you can't go against assault rifles with hand guns..."

All I can see coming from this though is some kind of law or bill that gives cops even more authority and higher caliber weapons.

Or one of these actual hate groups like the ? or one of these white nationalist groups believes that BLM is breeding "terrorists" and wanna take revenge.

The facts aren't all in with this case yet but at the end of the day I think this is doing more harm than good right now if they're just on some "let's ? cops" ? .
    and you and i both know the facts dont matter.. already got cats blaming Obama, BLM so on and so forth
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Black men been getting killed unarmed for centuries. A few cops get killed because ppl getting tired of they BS and u got the nerve worry about the possibility of a NARATIVE being changed in their favor?
    giphy.gif

So what's your solution. They ? us and we ? them?
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

So what's your solution. They ? us and we ? them?

No the solution is for cops to carry themselves with some respect and stop killing unarmed blacks and other citizens cold in the street. They need to humble themselves in the face of ? and realize that they can bleed too just like anyone else and if they keep living by the sword they gon die by the sword. That's none of my business