Baton Rouge: 3 Officers Dead, 3 Injured

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    As far as the shooting themselves, ? like this going to keep happening... They can push whatever narrative they want, the fact is the stage for this ? has been set for decades... it'll never get better as long as nothing is being done about the way it's been going....

it wont because they dont want to get to the root of the problems in this society and people talk about divisions as if this ? hasnt been since the before the birth of this nation

shout out to shepard smith for getting on Jindal about his Alllivesmatter ?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all gotta stop acting like any body being killed is a good thing...

If they want to celebrate death, let them be animals and cerebrate death...

We are a peaceful people... Killing is only a necessity when the time calls for it...

None of these deaths should be anything to be happy about... It's tragic that it has to come to murder to bring joy to people these days...

If I'm ever in a situation where I gotta take a life, I'm very sure happy would be the last emotion I would feel....

Y'all really think it's cool to shoot people with a smile on your face? That's sadistic no matter how you cut it.

I have no issues calling every cop thatunjustly killed a black man a monster who has no soul or humanity....

And if you're out here smiling and cheesing that they dying in response you're more like them than your people who just want an end to the violence...

It's like I said in the beginning..
    Some people want peace, and others just want to fight...

A lot of y'all just want a fight... no solutions, no answers, no harmony, no future... Just blood....

I want more than just blood.... We all gotta want more than blood....

Even if they ? cops all summer.... something other than death has to come from all this...

But a lot of y'all seem to be happy with just the death itself

That's me. Smile on my face cuz i have felt the barrel of a police issued 9 mm to my head. I have felt those heavy ass flashlights banging on my ribs. I've heard cops disrespect my mother and father. Ive fought 1 and caught a luck charge of Disorderly cuz the judge was real. I saw the retaliation after that ? to. No remorse on my end. Yea it may have been some good cops out there that died but it's always ? the police.

You're a good dude bruh. I have no doubt you're capable of murder, but I highly doubt you'd enjoy it.

People who enjoy life can't enjoy death.... It just doesn't work like that...
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Howard Safir..

NYPD Commissioner out there railing on BLM

oooh he throw Sharpton in there for good measure.

Then he says we gotta stop talking at each other ..

its a hot summer...
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    its amazing how the 2 sides view this ? , we got people scared of what this might bring upon black people but police don't feel that way when they ? us

Cause the law on their side
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We are a peaceful people... Killing is only a necessity when the time calls for it...

None of these deaths should be anything to be happy about... It's tragic that it has to come to murder to bring joy to people these days...

If I'm ever in a situation where I gotta take a life, I'm very sure happy would be the last emotion I would feel....

Y'all really think it's cool to shoot people with a smile on your face? That's sadistic no matter how you cut it.

I have no issues calling every cop thatunjustly killed a black man a monster who has no soul or humanity....

And if you're out here smiling and cheesing that they dying in response you're more like them than your people who just want an end to the violence...

A lot of y'all just want a fight... no solutions, no answers, no harmony, no future... Just blood....

Even if they ? cops all summer.... something other than death has to come from all this...

People are quick to promote violence......

Until the person next to them has their brains blown out.....

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    If every time an unarmed black person get killed these cops had to worry some ? like this would happen to them, you don't think that might give them more pause than us just continuing to ask them nicely not to ? us? Idiots worried about "narrative change" don't see the bigger picture, ? what narrative? The one of oh they were criminals anyway so they deserve to die, that one?

Some mfs lack empathy, the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes and feel for them even when that person is unlike you. Mfs like that only understand ? when it happens to them. They need to have it in the back of their heads like "? I better not be so trigger happy cuz these ? are fed up and might come for my ass." And they don't know when or where that ? is gonna happen. This might be the only effective check on their behaviour, cuz asking nicely and marching peacefully sure don't seem to be working. I mean they fear us already anyway

First and foremost i am indifferent to these chicken coming home to roost.
    However the narrative matters because it can and will get worse for US... thats my concern of the negative effects of whats happening towards US.. If a change of narrative didnt extend pass someones feelings then who cares but thats not the case.. it doesnt stop there

Worse than what? We face every kind of discrimination and oppression right now! From environmental to economic racism, that ? runs the gamut. They ? us unarmed with impunity, how much worse can it get? You ? afraid they'll reinstate slavery. Oh wait I forgot, we have that too thru the prison industrial complex

Do you understand that their entire white privilege and identity is predicated on having zero empathy. They will never get it or change until you force them to have it. When they experience the ? enough then they will finally be like damn, this is ? up, it will never happen before that, and all black people need to know this as fact

Oh I absolutely can get worse

Aren't you in Canada btw?

I live in Detroit and am married to a black man, I'm not less in this ? cuz I'm from Canada. My point is, they do whatever they want right now already, us being passive is not keeping anything at bay. If they aren't doing certain things like martial law is more because they are worried about global perception, not because we're being good lil ? that don't fight back and just march peacefully.

Not saying we need to stop doing that too, but when the chickens come home to roost, they just have to deal with it, they don't get to return the chickens. Thru the hardship, they just might learn some empathy.

Idk Kai

Blacks in the US are woefully unprepared for a race war

But praying and protest doesn't work either

I got half a mind to bounce out of this county if Get the chance
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He said that Obama has “validated the false narrative and the nonsense that Black Lives Matter and the media are pressing out there,” and he said the president has “bloom on his hands” that he won’t be able to wash off
    HA
  • Dupac
    Options
    As far as the shooting themselves, ? like this going to keep happening... They can push whatever narrative they want, the fact is the stage for this ? has been set for decades... it'll never get better as long as nothing is being done about the way it's been going....

it wont because they dont want to get to the root of the problems in this society and people talk about divisions as if this ? hasnt been since the before the birth of this nation

shout out to shepard smith for getting on Jindal about his Alllivesmatter ?

It's coming down to ego..

They either going to have to come honestly about the racism in the police force or they going to keep losing more cops... ? ain't playing no more...

And if this thread is any representation of the real world....a new shooter ain't that far from going the fight
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    The "narrative" is what YOU make it. There's no such thing as a narrative. There will always be a bunch of folks who feel one way and there will be a bunch of folks who feel another way. Quit playing follow the leader with the news and feel how you ? want to feel. People have been yelling black lives matter for years now, and we still got people having to have it explained to them. Tired of this talking in circles to explain this ? . ? a so called narrative.

believe this "there is no spoon" ? if you want.

and you just made my point
    I'm going to continue to say this.... Everybody need to log off of the internet and go outside. People only believe in a narrative because other people say there's a narrative. It's funny how people be falling for ? out here all the time. People on social media and in here be passing around these videos that get more stupid by the day. "FOX NEWS anchor says black people can't do anything else but smoke weed and play basketball." "Stacey Dash says she wishes that she was born white." and ? like that. Everybody already feels how they are going to feel, at this point people are just out here on some don't make us look bad ? .
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    If every time an unarmed black person get killed these cops had to worry some ? like this would happen to them, you don't think that might give them more pause than us just continuing to ask them nicely not to ? us? Idiots worried about "narrative change" don't see the bigger picture, ? what narrative? The one of oh they were criminals anyway so they deserve to die, that one?

Some mfs lack empathy, the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes and feel for them even when that person is unlike you. Mfs like that only understand ? when it happens to them. They need to have it in the back of their heads like "? I better not be so trigger happy cuz these ? are fed up and might come for my ass." And they don't know when or where that ? is gonna happen. This might be the only effective check on their behaviour, cuz asking nicely and marching peacefully sure don't seem to be working. I mean they fear us already anyway

However the narrative matters because it can and will get worse for US... thats my concern of the negative effects of whats happening towards US.. If a change of narrative didnt extend pass someones feelings then who cares but thats not the case.. it doesnt stop there

Worse than what? We face every kind of discrimination and oppression right now! From environmental to economic racism, that ? runs the gamut. They ? us unarmed with impunity, how much worse can it get? You ? afraid they'll reinstate slavery. Oh wait I forgot, we have that too thru the prison industrial complex

Do you understand that their entire white privilege and identity is predicated on having zero empathy. They will never get it or change until you force them to have it. When they experience the ? enough then they will finally be like damn, this is ? up, it will never happen before that, and all black people need to know this as fact

Oh I absolutely can get worse

Aren't you in Canada btw?

I live in Detroit and am married to a black man, I'm not less in this ? cuz I'm from Canada. My point is, they do whatever they want right now already, us being passive is not keeping anything at bay. If they aren't doing certain things like martial law is more because they are worried about global perception, not because we're being good lil ? that don't fight back and just march peacefully.

Not saying we need to stop doing that too, but when the chickens come home to roost, they just have to deal with it, they don't get to return the chickens. Thru the hardship, they just might learn some empathy.

well you are a muslim too and you hate america :'(
  • playmaker88
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    White politicians and police out here saying Obama is promoting violence on police by condemning their actions...black folks saying Obama ain't doing enough to condemn them....
    Id really hate to have his job and this aint a tenth of the ? hes got to wade through
  • Dupac
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

Thing is i 100% understand the violence, I just don't get the pleasure in it...

Violence is associated with anger, frustration, and rage

Not happiness, joy, and celebration..... ? coming off like sickos ... Like they can't wait for the chance to ? someone.... That ain't cool to me
  • playmaker88
    Options
    The "narrative" is what YOU make it. There's no such thing as a narrative. There will always be a bunch of folks who feel one way and there will be a bunch of folks who feel another way. Quit playing follow the leader with the news and feel how you ? want to feel. People have been yelling black lives matter for years now, and we still got people having to have it explained to them. Tired of this talking in circles to explain this ? . ? a so called narrative.

believe this "there is no spoon" ? if you want.

and you just made my point
    I'm going to continue to say this.... Everybody need to log off of the internet and go outside. People only believe in a narrative because other people say there's a narrative. It's funny how people be falling for ? out here all the time. People on social media and in here be passing around these videos that get more stupid by the day. "FOX NEWS anchor says black people can't do anything else but smoke weed and play basketball." "Stacey Dash says she wishes that she was born white." and ? like that. Everybody already feels how they are going to feel, at this point people are just out here on some don't make us look bad ? .
    again the implication and cause and effect of a narrative is much more than words.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

Thing is i 100% understand the violence, I just don't get the pleasure in it...

Violence is associated with anger, frustration, and rage

Not happiness, joy, and celebration..... ? coming off like sickos ... Like they can't wait for the chance to ? someone.... That ain't cool to me

Can I feel you on this while also saying that this is the job those "people" behind the badge signed up for?

If not then my bad.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's me. Smile on my face cuz i have felt the barrel of a police issued 9 mm to my head. I have felt those heavy ass flashlights banging on my ribs. I've heard cops disrespect my mother and father. Ive fought 1 and caught a luck charge of Disorderly cuz the judge was real. I saw the retaliation after that ? to. No remorse on my end. Yea it may have been some good cops out there that died but it's always ? the police.

You're a good dude bruh. I have no doubt you're capable of murder, but I highly doubt you'd enjoy it.

Bruh you're absolutely right. Just cuz I smile at something doesn't mean I'm ecstatic. This smile is 'rabbit got the gun' smile. Death effects more than the person that died.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Summer of chaos folks
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Was just about to ask if anyone has heard about this
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh you're absolutely right. Just cuz I smile at something doesn't mean I'm ecstatic. This smile is 'rabbit got the gun' smile. Death effects more than the person that died.

? what in the HELL are you talking about

And for translation purposes, Du just called this kid a hypocrite. The same ? i been saying all along about he and posters like him. Lets just keep it 100 people
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They were already indiscriminately killing us. What worse can they do besides that? Cacs have literally done everything they can do include making us love them over ourselves. At what point do you draw the line? At what point do you think its time to man up?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    IceManKam wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    its amazing how the 2 sides view this ? , we got people scared of what this might bring upon black people but police don't feel that way when they ? us

Cause the law on their side

It's always been on their side tho so why be scared now, they ? with no fear of retaliation cuz they know ? are scared of what might happen if they bust back basically on some bully ? and you got people saying we shouldn't fight our bullies cuz it might get worse and that's sucka behavior