Would you vote for Jill Stein???? Cornel West: Why I Endorse Green Party's Jill Stein Over Hillary

Options
bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Cornel West is heading to Philadelphia next, where he will serve on the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee, but he has announced he won’t be backing the party’s presumptive nominee. West talks about why he is backing the Green Party’s Jill Stein over Hillary Clinton.

https://youtu.be/bmVJsY0YBKY

https://youtu.be/hOt_MDtRIqY

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/7/18/why_a_member_of_the_democratic

Would you vote for Jill Stein???? Cornel West: Why I Endorse Green Party's Jill Stein Over Hillary 22 votes

Yea...
45%
Ajackson17Mister B.StiffSneakDZAtrilladelicMelqartFosheezySalty_McGintypomeacasawyer 10 votes
Nea....
9%
(Nope)WYRM 2 votes
Who tf is Jill Stein
45%
Recaptimus_Prime360playmaker88bambuwhatevathehellSwiffness!Idiopathic JokerTrillfateAggieLean.blackgod813TheGOAT 10 votes

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who tf is Jill Stein
    Who tf is Jill Stein?

But even without knowing her im 99% sure i would vote for her over Hillary based off her being Green Party
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I love brother West, but this is a mistake. If he actively campaigns for Stein, it would be a profound mistake. There is too much at stake to split the non-Trump vote and allow Trump to win.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never would vote for Hillary, but Stein seems nutty as hell.
  • bambu
    Options
    Who tf is Jill Stein
    I love brother West, but this is a mistake. If he actively campaigns for Stein, it would be a profound mistake. There is too much at stake to split the non-Trump vote and allow Trump to win.

This will not allow trump to win.....

He can do that without a 3rd party candidate.....

This is wake-up call for the democrats....

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in order for her to make a real impact she would actually have to get invited to the debates. that is not going to happen and cornel knows that. he will help the democrats draft their plan
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Who tf is Jill Stein
    Not voting for Hillary, but I'd need to research Jill Stein before I'd say if I'd vote for her or not.

Edit: after reading up on her, I'd change my vote to no. Leans too much to the left for my liking.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never heard of the green party. what is their platform? what are they about?
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nea....
    She is going to need any and all deific beings pulling miracles, not sure she can win with being only on the ballots of 25 states. Riddle me this and I will vote this poll?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea...
    She's like Bernie to the extreme left

I live in a red state. Doesn't really matter if I vote in November..
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually agree with this view that jill stein has on Israel.

But Stein, who is also Jewish, opposes military assistance to Israel that is used to “fund a government which is basically committing war crimes against the Palestinian people, violating human rights, violating international law with the occupations,” she told Tavis Smiley on PBS.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea...

Voters have been threatened in this way too many times at this point.

If the worst happens then maybe those two parties will think twice about trying to force voters to accept a ? candidate by rigging the primary process.

Voting for someone who you don't want to vote for because of threats of repercussions is the opposite of democracy and invalidates the whole process.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3rd party candidates are always great in theory but they have no chance. Its all symbolism.

I would support Stein but voting? Probably not. I've voted 3rd party many times and it only fuels frustrations later on.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at ? thinking Hillary Clinton is not more racist than trump ? both of them but Hillary is pure evil,her idol is Margaret ? who created planned parenthood to exterminate blacks so why do you think that the Clintons put that crime bill in place? To break up black families creating more single mothers and by default more abortions she is going to finish what Margaret ? started but keep thinking she is a friend to black people she is playing you dumb ? just like her husband did
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who tf is Jill Stein
    West still mad that Obama didn't give him better seats at the inauguration. They said this ? was leaving random late night voice mails at the White House on some ? dial ex ? . ? outta here.

All the ? they sayin bout Hillary now they once said about Al Gore............. HOW DID THAT TURN OUT
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea...
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Smh at ? thinking Hillary Clinton is not more racist than trump ? both of them but Hillary is pure evil,her idol is Margaret ? who created planned parenthood to exterminate blacks so why do you think that the Clintons put that crime bill in place? To break up black families creating more single mothers and by default more abortions she is going to finish what Margaret ? started but keep thinking she is a friend to black people she is playing you dumb ? just like her husband did

No offense but you're repeating a lot of misinformation there. You should holla at snopes.com before forwarding chain mail.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    West still mad that Obama didn't give him better seats at the inauguration. They said this ? was leaving random late night voice mails at the White House on some ? dial ex ? . ? outta here.

All the ? they sayin bout Hillary now they once said about Al Gore............. HOW DID THAT TURN OUT

Quit with the lies. There are videos of West in the days after Obama's election saying he would be Obama's biggest critic if he didn't like the things that he was doing. That, of course, was long before the inauguration. He just stayed true to his word. You need to stop repeating this bs.

• A Talented One
    edited July 2016
    Options

Again, this is just nonsense. Get your facts straight. ? is a hero to many women, especially feminists, for her work on birth control. Did she have problematic ideas about race? Yes. But is that what feminists of today admire her for? No. Did she create PP to exterminate blacks? No.

The same with the Clinton crime bill. Clinton desperately want not to appear soft on crime (which was an Achilles heel for many Democrats), and that's why he extended the war on drugs as well as, more generally, the more punitive trend in American criminal law, not to "break up more black families."

• bambu
    Options
    Who tf is Jill Stein

2. Racial Discrimination

The development of the United States has been marked by conflict over questions of race. Our nation was formed only after Native Americans were displaced. The institution of slavery had as its underpinnings the belief in white supremacy, which we as Greens condemn. In slavery's aftermath, people of color have borne the brunt of violence and discrimination. The Green Party unequivocally condemns these evils, which continue to be a social problem of paramount significance.

The community of people of African ancestry whose family members were held in chattel slavery in what is now the United States of America have legitimate claims to reparations including monetary compensation for centuries of human rights violations, including the Transatlantic slave trade now recognized by the United Nations as a "crime against humanity." As our Nation has done in the past with respect to the Choctaw, the Lakota, the Lambuth, and more recently for Japanese Americans and the European Jewish community, reparations are now due to address the debt still owed to descendants of enslaved Africans.

We commit to full and complete reparations to the African American community of this nation for the past four hundred plus years of genocide, slavery, land-loss, destruction of original identity and the stark disparities which haunt the present evidenced in unemployment statistics, substandard and inadequate education, higher levels of mortality including infant and maternal mortality and the practice of mass incarceration. We recognize that reparations are a debt (not charity) that is owed by our own and other nations and by the corporate institutions chartered under our laws to a collective of people. We believe that the leadership on the question of what our nation owes to this process of right ought to come from the African American community, whose right to self-determination and autonomy to chart the path to healing we fully recognize.

We understand that until significant steps are taken to reverse the ongoing abuses; to end the criminalization of the Black and Brown communities, to eradicate poverty, to invest in education, health care and the restoration and protection of human rights, that it will be impossible to repair the continuing damage wrought by the ideology of white supremacy which permeates the governing institutions of our nation.

http://www.gp.org/social_justice/#sjCivilRights
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Again, this is just nonsense. Get your facts straight. ? is a hero to many women, especially feminists, for her work on birth control. Did she have problematic ideas about race? Yes. But is that what feminists of today admire her for? No. Did she create PP to exterminate blacks? No.

The same with the Clinton crime bill. Clinton desperately want not to appear soft on crime (which was an Achilles heel for many Democrats), and that's why he extended the war on drugs as well as, more generally, the more punitive trend in American criminal law, not to "break up more black families."

So if Hillary said her idol was Adolf ? do you think any Jews would vote for her? You ? are the poster Childs for Stockholm syndrome you make every excuse for your oppressors to convince yourself that they are good people
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea...
    bambu wrote: »

2. Racial Discrimination

The development of the United States has been marked by conflict over questions of race. Our nation was formed only after Native Americans were displaced. The institution of slavery had as its underpinnings the belief in white supremacy, which we as Greens condemn. In slavery's aftermath, people of color have borne the brunt of violence and discrimination. The Green Party unequivocally condemns these evils, which continue to be a social problem of paramount significance.

The community of people of African ancestry whose family members were held in chattel slavery in what is now the United States of America have legitimate claims to reparations including monetary compensation for centuries of human rights violations, including the Transatlantic slave trade now recognized by the United Nations as a "crime against humanity." As our Nation has done in the past with respect to the Choctaw, the Lakota, the Lambuth, and more recently for Japanese Americans and the European Jewish community, reparations are now due to address the debt still owed to descendants of enslaved Africans.

We commit to full and complete reparations to the African American community of this nation for the past four hundred plus years of genocide, slavery, land-loss, destruction of original identity and the stark disparities which haunt the present evidenced in unemployment statistics, substandard and inadequate education, higher levels of mortality including infant and maternal mortality and the practice of mass incarceration. We recognize that reparations are a debt (not charity) that is owed by our own and other nations and by the corporate institutions chartered under our laws to a collective of people. We believe that the leadership on the question of what our nation owes to this process of right ought to come from the African American community, whose right to self-determination and autonomy to chart the path to healing we fully recognize.

We understand that until significant steps are taken to reverse the ongoing abuses; to end the criminalization of the Black and Brown communities, to eradicate poverty, to invest in education, health care and the restoration and protection of human rights, that it will be impossible to repair the continuing damage wrought by the ideology of white supremacy which permeates the governing institutions of our nation.

http://www.gp.org/social_justice/#sjCivilRights

Good ? . @bambu
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yea...
    Being as tho I voted for her back in 2012, that ? is pretty automatic at this point.
    Go HERE to find out.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-eb6s4YAyg
    Right on!
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why did clinton foundation ? haiti and still continues to do so? They're brown ppl too right? How about that superpredator ? she pulled? Or how about when this ? blantantly lied to everyone for everyone to see and dont give me no bs about its just emails. If shes lying about something so little as emails as some of you apologists like to put it then what else will she lie about? This ? is basically george bush with a ? and not as funny.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She is obviously more progressive than Clinton but doesn't have a snow ball's chance in hell of winning. Essentially a vote for her is a vote for Trump.