124»

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    You know it's possible to understand everything he was saying but just disagree with some of it....

Ok. Well I wrote out what some of the issues were and what Umar's proposed solutions are.

So, instead pointing out the obvious it would help to counter Umars points.

To the other dunce you are obviously defending, having an issue with Umar's credentials is a deflection tactic.

Whites have a problem with Obama's credentials. And?

Name names ? ....

I'm not deflecting ? ......

Just pointing out a reality.......

You may not care about his credentials, however, anyone that has earned those accomplishments should.....

Again, the ? does not even understand the concept of government......

As far as supporting black schools, umar tried and failed....

Because professional blacks will not throw money at a faker......

Regardless of whether or not he makes a good speech.......

2016-01-17-7.png?w=529

It is hereby determined that Umar Johnson may have committed Identity Theft in reference to Dr. Umar Rashad Abdullah-Johnson, who may potentially also be Umar R. Abdullah-Johnson, and who may also be Umar Johnson who is of Arabian or of Caucasian decent and Married.

https://thescholarroll.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/fraud-identity-theft-a-case-against-dr-umar-johnson/

You responded rather quickly so, I am quite sure I got your name correct.

Dunce. Right?

Yet another post about Umar's degrees.

But nothing about.

School to prison pipeline.

Sponsoring HBCU's

White Supremacy.

Black Banks.

So, to make this more productive. How about you create a thread about Umar's credentials? You are trolling and derailing this thread.

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You know it's possible to understand everything he was saying but just disagree with some of it....

Ok. Well I wrote out what some of the issues were and what Umar's proposed solutions are.

To the other dunce you are obviously defending, having an issue with Umar's credentials is a deflection tactic.

Name names ? ....

You may not care about his credentials, however, anyone that has earned those accomplishments should.....

2016-01-17-7.png?w=529

It is hereby determined that Umar Johnson may have committed Identity Theft in reference to Dr. Umar Rashad Abdullah-Johnson, who may potentially also be Umar R. Abdullah-Johnson, and who may also be Umar Johnson who is of Arabian or of Caucasian decent and Married.

https://thescholarroll.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/fraud-identity-theft-a-case-against-dr-umar-johnson/

Dunce. Right?

But nothing about.

Sponsoring HBCU's

White Supremacy.

Black Banks.

So, to make this more productive. How about you create a thread about Umar's credentials? You are trolling and derailing this thread.

This ? is not saying anything that we as a community dont understand......

Unlike this ? , I am a nationally certified educator who is in the trenches tying to help black & brown students......

I walk the talk...... ended the pipeline at my school...

This ? a phony.........

& you didn't make this thread ? ......

I will post where & what the ? I please......

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Name names ? ....

2016-01-17-7.png?w=529

Dunce. Right?

But nothing about.

Sponsoring HBCU's

White Supremacy.

Black Banks.

Unlike this ? , I am a nationally certified educator who is in the trenches tying to help black & brown students......

This ? a phony.........

Neither are you and so are you. So both you and Umar have something in common.

Congrats!!
  • bambu
    Options

Name names ? ....

2016-01-17-7.png?w=529

Dunce. Right?

But nothing about.

Sponsoring HBCU's

White Supremacy.

Black Banks.

This ? a phony.........

Neither are you and so are you. So both you and Umar have something in common.

Congrats!!

I can produce my credentials........

You & umar cannot....

You two have more in common........

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The black intelligentsia is largely a joke... because you cannot fix what's wrong with black people if you are linked to an overall greater white controlled system... which is exactly what academia is... which is why people like umar have an audience.

People like Cornell west and Micheal Eric Dyson while they should be respected simply don't capture the heart of black people... if you go to one of there lectures there will be tons of whites there... you go to an umar lecture almost all black people.

Ultimately the ideas of the black intelligentsia are simply too weak, compromising and not as sold pro black
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    The black intelligentsia is largely a joke... because you cannot fix what's wrong with black people if you are linked to an overall greater white controlled system... which is exactly what academia is... which is why people like umar have an audience.

People like Cornell west and Micheal Eric Dyson while they should be respected simply don't capture the heart of black people... if you go to one of there lectures there will be tons of whites there... you go to an umar lecture almost all black people.

Ultimately the ideas of the black intelligentsia are simply too weak, compromising and not as sold pro black

I agree with most of what you saying here. IMO West message is sold as pro black thing is the way Cornell West words his message and his lectures it goes over the head of the average black person. West and Umar deliver their speeches to two different audiences and they both speak to those crowds in a way that they feel will deliver the message.

• bambu
    Options

umar has an audience because he asserts the authority of being a doctor... (credentials and experience working in the school system "diagnosing black boys")

The majority of black intelligentsia shares his views........

However, he weaves incredible ? into his oration that attracts the pro black or hood mentality.....

West and others do work in the hood & have done far more to attack the school to prison pipeline and other things that umar addressed than he has....

It is reminiscent of the debate between DuBois & Garvey....

I would like to see umar work with West & others.....

If what he says is true, he is also associated with the black intelligentsia......

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

umar has an audience because he asserts the authority of being a doctor... (credentials and experience working in the school system "diagnosing black boys")

However, he weaves incredible ? into his oration that attracts the pro black or hood mentality.....

West and others do work in the hood & have done far more to attack the school to prison pipeline and other things that umar addressed than he has....

If what he says is true, he is also associated with the black intelligentsia......

I feel You are wrong about his possibly false credentials attracting people because even after his credentials and even ancestry have come into question his support continues to grow. People like what he has to say

Are the majority of the black intelligentsia Pan-africanist of the Garvey strain like umar is??? Lol hell no. .. and of course west and others are going to be able to do more they are connected to the system in ways umar never will be. Stopping The school to prison pipe is very important but but the things umar speaks on are much more comprehensive in scope.

He's just very different from the rest
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Be weary of ? like this
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't no one talking about following him or giving him money though, we're just saying his MESSAGE was on point.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I was making a general statement about this idea that unless you agree with everything he's saying you're somehow trying to discredit him. It's a stupid train of thought. It's normal to disagree with ? . It's abnormal to agree with everything somebody says.

As for the credentials argument....well if someone is purporting themselves to have certain credentials and they don't actually have them that would matter. I mean would you trust someone do surgery if their only experience was being the best Operation player in world history or would you want someone who actually went to medical school?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was making a general statement about this idea that unless you agree with everything he's saying you're somehow trying to discredit him. It's a stupid train of thought. It's normal to disagree with ? . It's abnormal to agree with everything somebody says.

As for the credentials argument....well if someone is purporting themselves to have certain credentials and they don't actually have them that would matter. I mean would you trust someone do surgery if their only experience was being the best Operation player in world history or would you want someone who actually went to medical school?

The other guy isn't even disagreeing about any specific relevant point that Umar Johnson speaks on

He's arguing semantics and all of his posts have been devoid of logical thought. He agrees with UJ but it seems like he doesn't like UJ because UJ is getting more attention than him
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some things we don't discuss...

Don't ask me bout my school or hows that turning out
    Don't ask me bout my business plan or when's that coming out
    Don't ask me bout my education or where did you go to school
    If you don't dissect my speeches then everything is true

Don't ask me about me bout Fred Douglass and how are we related
    Don't ask me bout strippers and other hoes im "dating"
    Don't ask, what bout black women? they gotta wait in line
    I'm the prince of panafricanism the rest of you ? is peons

ggf16i1rxpql.gif
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The negative energy that surrounds his educational background is a matter of concern however because he is primarily a lecturer it does not really impact the love people have for him... If it is confirmed that he is totally lying it will be a great shame but not really a discredit to the things he has done.

I agree, his credentials or lack of doesnt detract from the message he's trying to get across...and at the same time those same credentials or lack thereof is what puts fear into the white man

A black man with Doctorate's in anything is a threat

Or any eloquent minority

That Dr. he earned (or added) by his name also makes people listen

Hell didnt Tookie write children's books? Look at his credentials tho
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

ggf16i1rxpql.gif

Once again, the man has literally addressed all of this, but y'all don't care because you're not looking for answers

I'm gonna ask you once again to stop speaking on things if you're too lazy to actually research them before speaking

Jealousy is such a feminine trait but ? around hear wear their envious feelings right on their forehead smh

I swear if Malcolm X was alive you passive aggressive ? would be "subtweeting" and "shading" that ? all over social media "Yeah well what's up with that perm? Didn't he used to ? white girls? He's not black enough"

This site has more females on it than I thought
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

ggf16i1rxpql.gif

Once again, the man has literally addressed all of this, but y'all don't care because you're not looking for answers

I'm gonna ask you once again to stop speaking on things if you're too lazy to actually research them before speaking

Jealousy is such a feminine trait but ? around hear wear their envious feelings right on their forehead smh

I swear if Malcolm X was alive you passive aggressive ? would be "subtweeting" and "shading" that ? all over social media "Yeah well what's up with that perm? Didn't he used to ? white girls? He's not black enough"

This site has more females on it than I thought

aint one lie in this post
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Vellum wrote: »
    It was solid, but not super impressive. You could tell envy and char had realized that something seems to be missing with these brothas coming on the show preaching, but reality doesnt seem to fully lineup with what theyre saying.

There is always something to learn from umar, tariq nasheed, and boyce watkins. Sometimes they miss points, and exaggerate a lot more than they need to. Boyce less.

I think michael eric dyson articulates the reality of black issues in america from both sides much better than the previous 3.

I feel like dr umar out of all of them seems to hype up the paranoia of white racist america more than what reality truly reflects that in this country in this day and age. I think focusing to much on building black paranoia of white racist america is not a good thing. Much better ? to focus on that we can do for ourselves to elevate ourselves. I could name 10 things off top with ease, that these brothas never bring up. Boyce does sometimes. Like getting into different predominately white male fields of work.

This is because you don't want to empower black people, you(AND Boyce Watkins, who I think is a pseudo-intellectual) want to assimilate into white culture

You have nothing to add to this discussion. Dr. Umar Johnson lays out the facts and that scares you so just fall back and watch /shrug

Please name those 10 things "off the top with ease" that AREN'T affected by white supremacy

1) More "OG's" need to be mentoring more young black man to get a college education, graduate high school with good grades, and get into traditionally non black careers. If you dont understand how a system works, you cannot manipulate, or change it for the benefit of your people.

This objective is reaching my soul right now. Sometimes trials can be avoided if you alert the consequences to an individual earlier in life. I wish an older adult would've sat me down at 17 years old & told me how important college is. Don't get me wrong I might've been told to go to college but no one ever told me why I should go. There's a difference right there. My sister became the first person in my family to graduate in 2004. Now I'm getting closed to graduate, I finally understand it
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    The negative energy that surrounds his educational background is a matter of concern however because he is primarily a lecturer it does not really impact the love people have for him... If it is confirmed that he is totally lying it will be a great shame but not really a discredit to the things he has done.

I agree, his credentials or lack of doesnt detract from the message he's trying to get across...and at the same time those same credentials or lack thereof is what puts fear into the white man

Or any eloquent minority

Tariq Nasheed made the most successful blk historical documentary series , and he has no credentials what so ever.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ggf16i1rxpql.gif

But he's bathed in the Blood of Jes...opps...nvm that's the other guy
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Or any eloquent minority

Tariq Nasheed made the most successful blk historical documentary series , and he has no credentials what so ever.

Tariq's success comes from the fact he isn't just all talk rousing people's anger and frustration
    People support him because they are SEEING FOR THEMSELVES how and where their financial contributions are going

This is something he spoke about on his show
    Citing how the production quality of the Hidden Colors series improves with each edition
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally gotten to watch the video. I love it and Ive been saying some of the same shirt to my folks for years.

Anyway, after watch the video on YouTube all of a sudden my Internet started ? up and they had a description below say be careful on sharing this video. Feds watch cuh
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He says real ? , but he's still a hypocrite.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Powerful interview